Options

Maggie Stables RIP

JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Effectively played a sixth doctor companion, Evelyn Smythe, in Big Finish for 11 years 2000-2011 and was fantastic in the part.

http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/evelyn-smythe-maggie-stables-rests-in-peace

Comments

• Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Very sad. I love Evelyn's stories.
  • Options
    Xmas_TrenzaloreXmas_Trenzalore Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really liked Evelyn Smythe. Stables made her one of the best companions.
    At least she went peacefully.
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you count anything by the BBC as 'canon', then evelyn's apperance in the real time webcasts totally counts.

R.I.P....
  • Options
    donovan5donovan5 Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow rather spookily I just listened to her last appearance where Evelyn dies.A really good "bonus" appearance for the character and the usual top class performance from Maggie.
    Good wishes on your new journey Maggie.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R.I.P. Maggie; Companion as Evelyn in Dr Who, and the Great Mother in Zagreus.
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bumped into her once in Leicester Square tube station and asked for an autograph. She was gobsmacked at being recognised. "How did you know it was me? I'm just a voice on a CD!"
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    If you count anything by the BBC as 'canon', then evelyn's apperance in the real time webcasts totally counts.

R.I.P....
    When Eight listed his companions in Night of the Doctor, it was his Big Finish ones. All BF Doctor Who can be considered canon unless there's a contradiction (for example, Unbound isn't canon, because the premise there is that something is fundamentally different about the history of the Doctor or the show itself).
  • Options
    Xmas_TrenzaloreXmas_Trenzalore Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bumped into her once in Leicester Square tube station and asked for an autograph. She was gobsmacked at being recognised. "How did you know it was me? I'm just a voice on a CD!"
    That's pretty cool. When-abouts was that?
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's pretty cool. When-abouts was that?

Now you're asking ... I think it was approx 2002/2003 ... I think.

Maggie was appearing in The Mousetrap at the time (but I couldn't find confirmation of that when I googled it just now). I spotted her walking past me on her way to work, and rushed after her. Mrs Chuff was left abandoned in the middle of the busiest spot in the whole of central London. :blush: