Forum Member
✭✭
Place your bets!:p

Comments

• Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    I think it could be Goldie. :cry:

Having watched all the dances I really think he was terribly under-marked by the judges and without public support I can't see how he will stay in.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Laura* wrote: »
    I think it could be Goldie. :cry:

Having watched all the dances I really think he was terribly under-marked by the judges and without public support I can't see how he will stay in.

Good point. I think he wont click with Strictlys demographic.... lets face it most of them wouldnt have a clue what drum and bass is and might only know him from Maestro...:rolleyes:

( I like Goldie by the way..)

I think Paul and Tina might also be in trouble, unless Tina improves next week.

Maybe Michelle too...
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle, I'm not getting my hopes up about her staying :cry:

Lack of fanbase (apart from DC fans like me), American, partnered with bloody Brendan and due to expectations being high of her, her cha cha was seen as shite when IMO, it was just average.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michelle, I'm not getting my hopes up about her staying :cry:

Lack of fanbase (apart from DC fans like me), American, partnered with bloody Brendan and due to expectations being high of her, her cha cha was seen as shite when IMO, it was just average.

I didnt think it was THAT bad.

V high expectations for her...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Peter & Patsy are the favourites to go - they are in that dangerous position not right at the bottom but fairly low scores from the judges - their dances were just meh & a bit forgettable too. Also they will both probably struggle with the salsa next week. Goldie, Tina & Michelle have ballroom next week & I can see them being better at that which could help them move up the leaderboard.

Also I think Michelle is not without her fans as some on here believe. She has a personality which at least means you remember her one way or another, although she may be one of those marmite contestants. I am quite tempted to vote for her - Pamela, Kara & Matt are my current favourites but based on judges scores don't really need my vote at this stage.

Peter & Erin to go for me.
  • Options
    bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shilton I think. Poor Erin she is doomed never to win
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bingoes wrote: »
    Shilton I think. Poor Erin she is doomed never to win

I gonna agree, poor Erin With a bit of luck Peter may have redeemed himself a little with his "I never dropped anything" remark but won't uncross my fingers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    Tiger Rose wrote: »
    I think Peter & Patsy are the favourites to go - they are in that dangerous position not right at the bottom but fairly low scores from the judges - their dances were just meh & a bit forgettable too. Also they will both probably struggle with the salsa next week. Goldie, Tina & Michelle have ballroom next week & I can see them being better at that which could help them move up the leaderboard.

I totally agree with the above, but would also throw Paul into the mix as I think Ann will hoover up the sympathy / comedy vote.
  • Options
    muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think it could go two ways for ann

Next week is the Cha Cha Cha (god help us) she will either get the sypathy vote for one week only so stay on or she will be out week one on the basis that yes we think she is great but froma dancing perspective its a no thank you and goodbye. Glad they have done the no vote this week as it gives everyone a chance to settle in and we have window shopped from our sofas this weekend and next weekend its the real thing

However, into the mix is Paul Daniels, his dance was awful, worse than Annes and for him he is not particularly liked so for me Paul Daniels is on rocky ground

Worse place to be is someone with high expectations, a loudmouth and loving herself and thats Michelle, and she bombed on the night, she will probably scrape through but hopefully not for long

Tina Obrien was poor, but that was not helped with the poor dance routine

Lets not forget Fridays lot, Felicity was disapointing too but she will be fine

Its between Ann and Paul and think Paul will be out as Ann has the fanbase at the moment
  • Options
    Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Harking back to last year, still think it was unfair to Martina Hingis to be voted out after just one dance, she was no where near the worst dancer, but no fan base in the UK, meant she was a goner. Thought she could have done well if given a chance.

Paul Daniels to go , he was terrible.
  • Options
    JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul Daniels - he was dreadful........poor Ola :cry:
  • Options
    katie_pkatie_p Posts: 10,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think those who have saved their stronger routine (in terms of getting votes) for the second week have played the smart game. The public are supposed to vote on both weeks, but in reality I'd be surprised if it wasn't heavily skewed in favour of what we think of week two.

Ann could have done a vote-grabbingly awful Cha Cha this week and a dull Foxtrot next week, instead she has got Salsa next week which will guarantee her a vote. Peter could do the same if Erin can persuade him to go for comedy. Paul and Ola should also have saved latin for week two- I could see them being in danger. I guess the Beeb didn't want all the awful latin to be in week two though.

Goldie would be in danger if there had been a vote this week, but may be saved if he can nudge his marks up for ballroom. Going on Maestro- I'd say this is possible. But if he doesn't, I think he is in trouble. As others say, he might not appeal to the demographic, in which case he needs to stay safe on the judges' leaderboard until we 'get to know him' enough for him to have his own fanbase in the Strictly audience.
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muddipaws wrote: »
    I do think it could go two ways for ann

Next week is the Cha Cha Cha (god help us) she will either get the sypathy vote for one week only so stay on or she will be out week one on the basis that yes we think she is great but froma dancing perspective its a no thank you and goodbye. Glad they have done the no vote this week as it gives everyone a chance to settle in and we have window shopped from our sofas this weekend and next weekend its the real thing

However, into the mix is Paul Daniels, his dance was awful, worse than Annes and for him he is not particularly liked so for me Paul Daniels is on rocky ground

Worse place to be is someone with high expectations, a loudmouth and loving herself and thats Michelle, and she bombed on the night, she will probably scrape through but hopefully not for long

Tina Obrien was poor, but that was not helped with the poor dance routine

Lets not forget Fridays lot, Felicity was disapointing too but she will be fine

Its between Ann and Paul and think Paul will be out as Ann has the fanbase at the moment

I could be wrong but I think Michelle will go out in the early stages.

Also, did I read too much into this, did Tina O'Brien seem to sneer as the marks were read out. When she said 'they need to put these shoes on and try dancing', well one of the judges won the competition and the other three are professional dancers. May be it's just me but she does seem to have an attitude problem. Please feel free to correct me on this one!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,332
    Forum Member

Also, did I read too much into this, did Tina O'Brien seem to sneer as the marks were read out. When she said 'they need to put these shoes on and try dancing', well one of the judges won the competition and the other three are professional dancers. May be it's just me but she does seem to have an attitude problem. Please feel free to correct me on this one!

I thought exactly the same, they are a very young pairing, I'm not sure they have the maturity to work past the criticism.

Paul to go for me though
  • Options
    SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping Michelle be out first, but I think it will be between Peter & Goldie
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps the fan base for the pros will keep some in longer than expected. So would not be surprised to see someone like Patsy go first or second. Tina/Jared will have the yoof vote but need a drastic improvement in choreography. In the UK we like recognisable routines.
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Peter is the the one most at risk as he is the most forgettable.

Paul had me laughing, and Ola always creates something memorable.

Ann danced slightly better than Paul and looked like she was enjoying herself and she will hang around for a while.

I think Michelle will stay because there may be fireworks with Brendan, and it is getting near Halloween.

Goldie and Kristina are at risk. There is potential there but it was'nt coming across and the chemistry needs to happen.

Scott may be in the mix, although they look good and dance well.

Tina and Jared are a bit of an odd couple as yet but they seem to be getting along and next week may be better for them. Cute might wear off.
  • Options
    OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was down to personal preference then it would be from Kara, Tina or Gavin. Kara as she seems to be featured quite heavily (and will probably on ITT more than other couples), Tina as her voice irritates me and Gavin becasue Katya has now become my favourite pro and the thought of Henson being all over her is making me jealous; so Gavin leaving would be great for me.

If it's down to dancing, then Paul Daniels MUST leave. I seriously doubt whether Ola's fanbase will help keep them in, plus all the media reaction to his sausage comment won't be very pleasnt for the bosses. It was a joke, a poor one, but a joke none the less.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing Paul Daniels or Peter Shilton will be the first out.
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think/hope Michelle may go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Perhaps the fan base for the pros will keep some in longer than expected. So would not be surprised to see someone like Patsy go first or second. Tina/Jared will have the yoof vote but need a drastic improvement in choreography. In the UK we like recognisable routines.

I hope Patsy stays at least a month- she looked so damned FRAGILE on Friday!:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »
    I think Peter is the the one most at risk as he is the most forgettable.

Paul had me laughing, and Ola always creates something memorable.

Ann danced slightly better than Paul and looked like she was enjoying herself and she will hang around for a while.

I think Michelle will stay because there may be fireworks with Brendan, and it is getting near Halloween.

Goldie and Kristina are at risk. There is potential there but it was'nt coming across and the chemistry needs to happen.

Scott may be in the mix, although they look good and dance well.

Tina and Jared are a bit of an odd couple as yet but they seem to be getting along and next week may be better for them. Cute might wear off.

Is it me only? I found Tina#s "cute" act more annoying that Michelle's "wacky" act. At least with Michelle shes largely an unknown quantity... no one knows much about her, theres more to learn. Tina O'Brian is a familiar figure..
  • Options
    blowupblowup Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

yes i thought the "put these heels on and dance" comment was a bit ridiculous. she didn't exactly 'attack' the dance and didn't deserve high scores anyway.
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the 'danger' zone are....... in no particluar order.....da da da da da da

Paul, Michelle, Goldie, Peter Patsy and Felicity.
  • Options
    smelly jemsmelly jem Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Peter Shilton will go out first. As much as I think not Beyonce is hopeless and should be in danger too I can see people voting to keep her in.