Jumps in volume on BBC1 HD

mickbirch2000mickbirch2000 Posts: 745
Forum Member
✭✭
Get big jump in volume on BBC1 HD when a program finishes & it goes to continuity in 5.1. This has been a problem for a while, I think its something to do with the software Sky HD boxes.
Will they ever get their boxes to work properly I wonder?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    I think that must be down to BBC because I had the same watching on Freesat, when a movie finished I had to pounce on the remote because of the volume from the announcer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had the same problem (on a Panasonic TV with built in Freesat) and solved it by turning down the volume on our Bluray player/sound system.
  • Dave48Dave48 Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Yes, I think this has only been a problem since my Samsung had the Anytime+ update.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC is shocking at doing HD.

The sound is all over the place even on their flagship shows.

East Enders launched in HD last night but you would never have known if they had not claimed this as it was by no means obvious, unlike Corrie when that went HD.

BBC HD was once the best quality around, These days it is little better than a shambles much of the time.

Very sad.
  • taskertasker Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sound on BBC is terrible at all times, BBC news is very quiet one minute then very loud the next sometimes so low you can hardly hear it.
    The red button on Freeview and Sky is virtually silent.
    I am watching Over The Hedge on Freesat, Sky and Freeview and the volume level is way way down.
  • johnashjohnash Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    I agree. Continuity announcements over end-credits are now doubling my annoyance at such intrusion into my enjoyment of the programme by often coming in at almost double the volume of the programme itself.

Who remembers when the BBC was a centre of technical excellence? Not any more.