Options

Cheating footballers...

Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As the World Cup is over and the football forum is quiet, I thought I'd venture in here.

Andrea Pirlo - the coolest footballer of our time - has recently(-ish) divorced his wife of 12 years because, if rumours are to be believed, he was caught cheating on her. It came as quite of a surprise, as he appeared to be the image of a devoted family man.

Who else is on the list of surprising cheaters (off the field) in the world of football?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ashley Cole
  • Options
    Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    becks..

Giggs

Although tbh it doesn't really surprise me when we hear about celebs cheating -- they all do IMO. Especially those that work hard to maintain an image.

The only thing that surprised me is Giggs SIL going to the press...

So yeah IMO never trust what you see when someone has everything to lose/ nothing to lose but everything to gain.

Re Pirlo.. I'm surprised the Italian media is interfering in the personal life of player; I thought they left well alone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    becks..

Giggs

Although tbh it doesn't really surprise me when we hear about celebs cheating -- they all do IMO. Especially those that work hard to maintain an image.

The only thing that surprised me is Giggs SIL going to the press...

So yeah IMO never trust what you see when someone has everything to lose/ nothing to lose but everything to gain.

Re Pirlo.. I'm surprised the Italian media is interfering in the personal life of player; I thought they left well alone.

I kind of always believed Becks' "cheating" was just a publicity stunt from both sides. He seems to be terrified of losing Posh and it looks to me like he is completely under her thumb.

Re Pirlo... I guess it's because the divorce was such a surprise? They always looked like a very happy family. Some of the best-looking Italian footballers have been married for decades and give the impression of being totally scandal-free (with Bufon being the exception of course). Fabio Cannavaro and Paolo Maldini are two examples... so squeaky clean... or are those just appearances? (Or have I missed some scandalous rumours? :blush: )
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Not exactly concrete with Beckham, then again wouldn't be surprising.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Terry - but then he's an all round complete c*ck and not just a cheat
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe that he hasn't already been mentioned, but how about nobody's favourite shaved baboon, Wayne " Grab A Granny" Rooney?
    Or does cheating with " special interest " ladies not count?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe that he hasn't already been mentioned, but how about nobody's favourite shaved baboon, Wayne " Grab A Granny" Rooney?
    Or does cheating with " special interest " ladies not count?

To be honest, I cannot believe Coleen hasn't divorced him yet. He has no redeeming features whatsoever :confused:
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ His wage packet and the modelling deals etc she gets off the back of being Mrs Rooney.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rooney's quite a strange one. He's got an incredibly hot wife yet he cheats on her with real **** ends.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Xela M wrote: »
    I kind of always believed Becks' "cheating" was just a publicity stunt from both sides. He seems to be terrified of losing Posh and it looks to me like he is completely under her thumb.

Re Pirlo... I guess it's because the divorce was such a surprise? They always looked like a very happy family. Some of the best-looking Italian footballers have been married for decades and give the impression of being totally scandal-free (with Bufon being the exception of course). Fabio Cannavaro and Paolo Maldini are two examples... so squeaky clean... or are those just appearances? (Or have I missed some scandalous rumours? :blush: )

I've been enjoying secret trysts with Paolo for over a decade now, please keep it to yourself though ;-)
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Xela M wrote: »
    To be honest, I cannot believe Coleen hasn't divorced him yet. He has no redeeming features whatsoever :confused:

Neither has Colleen ;-) Not that I'm excusing Rooney but if he wasnt who he was, she wouldn't go near him I dont think...
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't think of a premier league footballer with a high level of fame who HASN'T had whispers of infidelity tbh..
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    St Steven Gerrard - Google his name + super injunction and you'll see what I mean.
  • Options
    SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    St Steven Gerrard - Google his name + super injunction and you'll see what I mean.

There's a way to kill a thread.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Neither has Colleen ;-) Not that I'm excusing Rooney but if he wasnt who he was, she wouldn't go near him I dont think...

They've been together since she was 16, around 12 years ago when Rooney was just the new lad at Everton. At the time they began dating, about 4 years after they met, he wasn't who he is now.
  • Options
    Ba Na NaBa Na Na Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've been together since she was 16, around 12 years ago when Rooney was just the new lad at Everton. At the time they began dating, about 4 years after they met, he wasn't who he is now.

I think she does genuinely love him and wants to be with him. Its easier for her to just turn a blind eye on his cheating and live off his money/fame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ba Na Na wrote: »
    I think she does genuinely love him and wants to be with him. Its easier for her to just turn a blind eye on his cheating and live off his money/fame.

He only did it once though didn't he?

There's always stupid rumours about the Scouse players. It's a crazy city.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's always stupid rumours about the Scouse players. It's a crazy city.

Wasn't it twice? Once with the granny and then the threesome with the girl who is now in BB and her mate
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Wasn't it twice? Once with the granny and then the threesome with the girl who is now in BB and her mate

Oh perhaps then.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ian rush left his wife of 25 years for a younger woman. Footballers are horrendous
  • Options
    Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian rush left his wife of 25 years for a younger woman. Footballers are horrendous

I was shocked to hear that, read about it a couple of days ago. Carrying on with the Liverpool theme (excuse the pun) - the manager of the club, Brendan Rodgers, has also left his wife for a younger model.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Twice, that he's been caught out on so far.
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter Crouch, another who thought he could probably get away with it.

not sure now if he was caught or someone accused....:blush:
  • Options
    rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They get girls throwing themselves at them 24/7. I guess some can't say no to the candy...
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was shocked to hear that, read about it a couple of days ago. Carrying on with the Liverpool theme (excuse the pun) - the manager of the club, Brendan Rodgers, has also left his wife for a younger model.

There were cruel comments about brendans wife's weight as well. As if that's an excuse. Ridiculous misogyny