Isn't Helen Going To Think That It Might Have Been Fixed With Her Being So Unpopular?

StykerStyker Posts: 49,795
Forum Member
I mean normally the winners are quite popular aren't they? The only previous winner who I remember had a lot of unpopularity was Nadia but there wasn't a question mark over that she won like there has been on this one.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    In the house Helen was the popular one, then again so was Significant SBJG.

If you had read the reader comments under the Guardian Football report on the ManUtd defeat yesterday, you might give more credit to the theory that footballing loyalties paid a part in Helen's win.

The "Anyone But United" (ABU's) are very vocal, and anything that might embarrass Rooney would get their support.

If it was fixed, Helen would have known before going in. And known the whole time. And I haven't seen any evidence that she did. Yet.
  • PercyBysshePercyBysshe Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Aaron BB12 got a worse reception than Helen.
  • BluestoneBluestone Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judging from her twitter she's in a bubble retweeting only positive tweets and tweets slagging of the HMs that are not happy about her win.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    She isn't unpopular, every other to win tweet on finale night was for Helen, 'HELENTOWINBB2014' was top BB trending topic after the hashtag for a good 30 minutes mid-way through, the only trending topic for a finalist prior to their eviction, almost every to win tweet was for Helen after the reveal of the final 3, she has double Ashleigh's followers on twitter and her group have double that of Ashleigh's group. She won fair and square.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,795
    Forum Member
    In the house Helen was the popular one, then again so was Significant SBJG.

If you had read the reader comments under the Guardian Football report on the ManUtd defeat yesterday, you might give more credit to the theory that footballing loyalties paid a part in Helen's win.

The "Anyone But United" (ABU's) are very vocal, and anything that might embarrass Rooney would get their support.

If it was fixed, Helen would have known before going in. And known the whole time. And I haven't seen any evidence that she did. Yet.

Her support in the house was weird. She had immunity from eviction but she did not have the power to put anyone up for eviction all by herself like so it must have been her strong personality that done it as well as those liking her being similar in character.

I didn't read the article you mentioned but it implies footballers wanted her to win and voted for her to win? I wonder why they would do that for?
  • KingsyKingsy Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    Isn't Helen Going To Think That It Might Have Been Fixed With Her Being So Unpopular?

It's illegal for reality shows to be fixed so I'm pretty sure she doesn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    @ Styker. A Premier League Football Team could afford 100k votes between them, but I meant the fans - very tribal business is football. Troll commentators below the line on football articles.
    It might only have been a contribution, with many other factors making the "perfect storm" scenario mentioned somewhere on this forum.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    I mean normally the winners are quite popular aren't they? The only previous winner who I remember had a lot of unpopularity was Nadia but there wasn't a question mark over that she won like there has been on this one.

It was probably a condition of her going in that she would win.