Options

Pattie Coldwell

tinyditinydi Posts: 358
Forum Member
TV Presenter Pattie Coldwell has died after battling Cancer, she was suffering from Brain Cancer. She was 50 years old

Pattie, was a lovely person, when she was at Granada TV, I was on work experience where I was a runner, for her. Pattie was so polite and friendly, always asking if I was ok.
At the end of the week, she gave me a thank you card with a £10 gift voucher inside.
10 Years later I met Pattie again, while DJing at a local hotel in Manchester for one of her former presenters, she came over and asked how I was doing!!!.... I will never forget that.

My deepest sympathy goes to Pattie daughter and her husband.

What a wonderful person Pattie was.

Comments

• Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    Seconded. I only recently dound out she had it.

Naturally, there's a news story:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/2339635.stm
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to enjoy her stuff on TV...I think she was probably under rated by many.

I knew she was very ill, but it's sad when it reaches the end.

Sadly missed...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 402
    Forum Member
    I'm also sad to hear of Pattie Coldwell's death. I remember her doing a DIY prog ages ago, long before Changing Rooms et al came along. She was funny, energetic, bubbly and down to earth. From what I've read, it seems as if she faced her illness with humour and courage.
  • Options
    iamthenewnumbertwoiamthenewnumbertwo Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by tinydi
    TV Presenter Pattie Coldwell has died after battling Cancer, she was suffering from Brain Cancer. She was 50 years old

Pattie, was a lovely person, when she was at Granada TV, I was on work experience where I was a runner, for her. Pattie was so polite and friendly, always asking if I was ok.
    At the end of the week, she gave me a thank you card with a £10 gift voucher inside.
    10 Years later I met Pattie again, while DJing at a local hotel in Manchester for one of her former presenters, she came over and asked how I was doing!!!.... I will never forget that.

My deepest sympathy goes to Pattie daughter and her husband.

What a wonderful person Pattie was.

Though my sympathy goes to her family (was she married ? I thought she was divorsed from Tony.) and no one deserves to die at such an early age or from such a horrible illness, I can't agree with the view you had of her. I had met her several times and my wife worked with her.
  • Options
    katiekatie Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Ed E
    I'm also sad to hear of Pattie Coldwell's death. I remember her doing a DIY prog ages ago, long before Changing Rooms et al came along.

On The House? Late 80s/Early 90s I think. A house built in the grounds of BBC Pebble Mill. I think it also featured Harry Greene (father of ex-Blue Peter presenter Sarah Greene) who now does a DIY show on QVC on Sunday mornings.

Katie.