Sony RDRGX120 - Recording from Sky

Sorry if this question has been asked before...

I am the proud new owner of the above dvd recorder. As I am now getting fed up of trying to work out how to record from Sky , I was wondering if any of the more technically minded of you out there could help me...?

Using only SCART leads, I have connected the TV to the Sky+ box, and the Sky+ box to the DVD recorder. The connections all seem to be okay. The Sky output is set to RGB. We no longer use an external aerial, so the so called "Easy Setup" is not of much use. One of my children has now lost the manual!

I assume the problem is in the set up somewhere, but I am becoming frustrated trying to work it out. Has anyone else had a similar issue, and have you found a solution? :confused:

Comments

• bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry if this question has been asked before...

I am the proud new owner of the above dvd recorder. As I am now getting fed up of trying to work out how to record from Sky , I was wondering if any of the more technically minded of you out there could help me...?

Using only SCART leads, I have connected the TV to the Sky+ box, and the Sky+ box to the DVD recorder. The connections all seem to be okay. The Sky output is set to RGB. We no longer use an external aerial, so the so called "Easy Setup" is not of much use. One of my children has now lost the manual!

I assume the problem is in the set up somewhere, but I am becoming frustrated trying to work it out. Has anyone else had a similar issue, and have you found a solution? :confused:

This recorder accepts and outputs RGB so setup as follows.

Sky+ TV output scart -> DVDR input scart.
    DVDR output scart -> TV RGB scart.
    Set everything to RGB.

You can record by pressing record while Sky+ is outputting the programme.

Se page 21 of the manual.

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/2672061111.pdf
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Thank you for the reply. The scarts are already connected in that formation, and I have checked that Sky+ is outputting RGB, however, I am still having no joy. I cannot find where in the setup I can select RGB input. I have seen on the channel selection a choice of 'I', 'DK' and 'BG' but I have no idea what that means?

I tried pressing record whilst a sky programme was showing, but it only records fuzz.

It must be something so simple, but I just cannot work it out. What I find really frustrating is I have always been the one who works out how to set things up; including how to programme the video (those were the days), however, I think I must have fallen asleep for a fews years, because technology is starting to confuse me. I knew turning 30 was a bigger deal than I first thought!!! :cry:
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you for the reply. The scarts are already connected in that formation, and I have checked that Sky+ is outputting RGB, however, I am still having no joy. I cannot find where in the setup I can select RGB input. I have seen on the channel selection a choice of 'I', 'DK' and 'BG' but I have no idea what that means?

I tried pressing record whilst a sky programme was showing, but it only records fuzz.

It must be something so simple, but I just cannot work it out. What I find really frustrating is I have always been the one who works out how to set things up; including how to programme the video (those were the days), however, I think I must have fallen asleep for a fews years, because technology is starting to confuse me. I knew turning 30 was a bigger deal than I first thought!!! :cry:

Going from the manual as I don't have this machine

Press

System menu
    setup
    video
    scart setting
    line 3 input
    RGB

now to record

press "input select" until L3 is displayed.

pressing record should now record ok.

If it doesn't can you confirm you have an RGB scart cable between Sky and DVDR. To check this you can do all the above but use composite rather than RGB, this will help you pin down the fault.

Also I suggest you download the manual and have a good play with the machine, it will help you understand it.
  • TrajetTrajet Posts: 2,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to state the obvious
    have you noticed that you have to slide the front of the remote control down to use the record functions? :confused:
  • dapacadapaca Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Trajet wrote:
    Just to state the obvious
    have you noticed that you have to slide the front of the remote control down to use the record functions? :confused:
    Not on mine, you don't. (Remote model no. RMT-D232P)