Options

N95 wi-fi free?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    OP here...
    would I be able to load tv progs/films onto it to watch on when I am on the move? If yes, how many minutes/hours would 8GB equate to?

Any idea anyone?:eek:
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP here...

Any idea anyone?:eek:

Yes you can do this on the n95.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes you can do this on the n95.

how many minutes/hours would 8GB equate to?
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how many minutes/hours would 8GB equate to?

A typical movie is around 2GB ?

divide that into 8 GB :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A typical movie is around 2GB ?

divide that into 8 GB :)

That is great, many thanks! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we have gone off on a tangent (I didn't even ask about the iPhone), does anyone have an opinion on my other questions? Would I get an N96 free for £30 per month and as I have no idea what 8Gb equates to, would I be able to load tv progs/films onto it to watch on when I am on the move? If yes, how many minutes/hours would 8GB equate to?

btw, I do want a good phone on my camera as like most of the normal population, I don't walk around all day with a full-sized digital camera! Pfffffffffttt

What about a N82?

As for the N96 on a 30 quid contratc I know there was a deal posted on Hotukdeals about 2 Months after the N95 came out offering a 18 Month at £30 a Month contract with the phone free.

As for the 8gb well movies for phones are usallly around 350Mb and songs are rarely over 10Mb.

I think you could fill ALOT into the 8gb.

I would still hold out for a N96.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    btw, I do want a good phone on my camera as like most of the normal population, I don't walk around all day with a full-sized digital camera! Pfffffffffttt

Obviously then the iPhone is not for you. Although, it is a bit extreme that you can define the "normal population". There are people that get phones that have all these hundreds of features on phones but never use most of them.

If you are looking for good quality mobile phone cameras then you may also want to check out the Sony Ericsson camera phones. From what I have seen the Sony Ericsson's do have better cameras and lens, they are also less buggy and have better battery life. It is also not just about the amount of MP's, other factors have to be taken into account. My W880i only had a 2MP camera but it did a great job for everyday use and even looked pretty good on a computer screen. The one major problem I have with high-end camera phones is the slow shutter speeds. Most pictures taken on camera phones the subject will be moving, the slow shutter speed will then cause blurring unless the subject is completely still or you are shooting a night scene where you want as much light as possible to get into the lens. The question is, if you need a camera phone, yet not really high-quality snaps offered by a point and shoot or DSLR then is it really worth getting 5MP when 2MP or 3.2MP will do the job just fine?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    What you have to be careful about with Sony Ericsson phones is whereas the photo camera quality is usually very very impressive, the video camera quality is absolutely awful on the vast majority of their higher-ended handsets.

I have an old Nokia 6280 and the video camera picture is very clear, not all that far off dvd-quality on a small screen. This is one of Nokia's phones from late 2005.

However I once had a K800i and also tried my friend's k850i handsets and the video capture was very blocky and embarrassingly bad. I don't know about the new C range phones but user reports so far indicate it's as bad as its predecessors.
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    How dod this turn into an iPhone thread???????? He was actually asking about the N95, yet the iPhreaks managed to turn it.

just looking through the film on my phone, saw IV is 400meg, spiderman 3 which comes with the 8gig version is 830meg, otherfilms i have that i'm not going to name are around 500meg

Oh and i know i've posted this before but:

A picture taken with my N95-2
    http://nigelcoldwell.co.uk/test/10032008036.jpg (1meg)

and some screen grabs of the browser:
    http://nigelcoldwell.co.uk/test/Scr000025.png <100k
    http://nigelcoldwell.co.uk/test/Scr000026.png
    http://nigelcoldwell.co.uk/test/Scr000028.png

maybe of interest to the OP, presuming he hasn't been iBrainwashed
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    I think you'll find he is a she ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kyussmondo wrote: »
    Obviously then the iPhone is not for you. Although, it is a bit extreme that you can define the "normal population". There are people that get phones that have all these hundreds of features on phones but never use most of them.

If you are looking for good quality mobile phone cameras then you may also want to check out the Sony Ericsson camera phones. From what I have seen the Sony Ericsson's do have better cameras and lens, they are also less buggy and have better battery life. It is also not just about the amount of MP's, other factors have to be taken into account. My W880i only had a 2MP camera but it did a great job for everyday use and even looked pretty good on a computer screen. The one major problem I have with high-end camera phones is the slow shutter speeds. Most pictures taken on camera phones the subject will be moving, the slow shutter speed will then cause blurring unless the subject is completely still or you are shooting a night scene where you want as much light as possible to get into the lens. The question is, if you need a camera phone, yet not really high-quality snaps offered by a point and shoot or DSLR then is it really worth getting 5MP when 2MP or 3.2MP will do the job just fine?

I do appreciate the advice, BUT I didn't ask for alternative phone recommedations! :rolleyes:

Oh, and substitute "normal" for "majority". No offence was intended :p

And yes, I am all woman. lol