Options

Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    PaperSkinPaperSkin Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting, what rejuvenates the Doctor's sense of purpose, the discovery of another Timelord or some bread crumbs to lead him to Galifrey perhaps.
  • Options
    henry_hopehenry_hope Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who is doing set designs this year?
    Its been brilliant all series, and Last Christmas look looks amazing.
  • Options
    DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember an old X-Files episode featuring a carnivorous fungus which put its victims in an unresisting dream state so they carried on living what they thought was a normal life whilst it slowly digested them - at the end we find that most of what has happened has been in Mulder and Scully's dreamstate as they themselves have nearly fallen victim and are rescued at the end by Skinner.

Perhaps at the end of Last Christmas we find that the Doctor has been unable to rescue Clara from the alien dreams and manipulates them to give her an imaginary life with him travelling into old age and death? Too sad for Xmas perhaps,
  • Options
    DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a super emotional punch at the end

Oh no, not another one.... can no-one write good, exciting episodes without "emotional punches" any more?
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dogmatix wrote: »
    Oh no, not another one.... can no-one write good, exciting episodes without "emotional punches" any more?

Can't remember any emotional punches in Flatline, Mummy on the Orient Express, Time Heist, Into the Dalek... and more, so the answer is yes. :p
  • Options
    amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    Dogmatix wrote: »

You're discounting excitement as an emotion then? Why must emotion equal sadness? Maybe it'll make you really angry!
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has been heavily speculated that Faye Marsay's lack of publicity exposure is down to her being sounded out as a new companion. There's nothing to back that up, of course. But worth bearing in mind given that some reviewers have claimed she has a much bigger role than you might expect. Less than 24 hours until it comes to nothing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a big thing, just a little thing but still a thing
    @who_report
    Not #dwsr but Faye Marsay (Shona) has recently followed Peter Harness (rumoured writing for S9) on Twitter.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Shona probably will be back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clara did say she would hang out with her - even if Shona only had a slim chance of remembering it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of Shona joining the Doctor and Clara, hope it happens.
  • Options
    Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My god I hated Shona so much, worse then Clara. If Clara and Shona both travel with the Doctor I will defiantly stop watching, I'll watch the episodes with Missy though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The often touted I'll stop watching if there's something I don't like even though it hasn't even happened yet. Head in hand.
  • Options
    amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    Sora2311 wrote: »
    My god I hated Shona so much, worse then Clara. If Clara and Shona both travel with the Doctor I will defiantly stop watching, I'll watch the episodes with Missy though.

That is quite defiant!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is quite defiant!

:D stupid auto correct I meant definitely
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PaperSkin wrote: »
    The often touted I'll stop watching if there's something I don't like even though it hasn't even happened yet. Head in hand.

Unlike others I will actually stop watching, I previously stopped watching at the beginning of Series 6 as I really didn't like the way the show was heading. I resumed watching when it was announced David was coming back.
  • Options
    DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There’s a moment toward the end that will wreck you.

Did you think “Raggedy Man, goodnight” and “I don’t want to go” were bad? Eh, that’s because they were. They were really, really bad. But “Last Christmas” — while it doesn’t say goodbye to a Doctor, thank God — also packs a super emotional punch at the end, so bring tissues.
    Fortunately, that turned out to be a consignment of geriatric shoemakers.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PaperSkin wrote: »
    I like the idea of Shona joining the Doctor and Clara, hope it happens.

Said on the episode thread that I was quite taken with Shona so wouldn't mind that at all. Clara as the more experienced older sister type; Shona a bit mouthy and naive....and a still grumpy but caring figure in the Doctor. Could work.
  • Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the Magicians apprentice idea someone suggested on the episode thread :) Shona would be fun, crazy dance moves, slightly bonkers etc.

She knows someone called Dave - so this frees ups Clara to have to go through another series of storylines flitting between real life on earth with boyfriend and life on the TARDIS. This "script mantle" could be passed to Shona.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We could be in for an interesting few months. I would expect any indication that Moffat is on his way out (if he is) to come during the filming period - even if it's just through "sources." Plans will be made... the wheels of destiny set in motion.. yada yada, if they want Series 10 in 2016.

Of course there's nothing to guarantee that. There could well be a break.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Despite Moffat's "full series" remark, the claims of a companion overlap prior to Jenna's departure early/mid S9 are still being ran with.

*shrug* We'll see very soon.

So, urhm, no update.
    CD93 wrote: »
    Word on the spoiler-vine remains the same - she's in Series 9, but only a few episodes.

It's incredibly unlikely that a departure has been kept this quiet.
  • Options
    AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that we'll have a new male companion next year with Clara. Moffat does like that dynamic...
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I was hoping Last Christmas would confirm that Clara's pregnant with Danny's child, but it didn't. So does this mean that a possible Danny return may be down the line or has her future completely changed?
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I was hoping Last Christmas would confirm that Clara's pregnant with Danny's child, but it didn't. So does this mean that a possible Danny return may be down the line or has her future completely changed?

Moffat has already hand waved the idea that Orson could be a descendant of Danny's sibling. After all, we know he has a family as he mentioned this a couple of times in the series. He said they were very careful not to say that Clara was Orson's ancestor knowing how the series ended. He said that the explanation in his head is that Clara went to see the Pink family after Danny's death and told them what happened.

I know people like to think that all these threads will be brought up again, but honestly he drops as many things like this as he concludes.
  • Options
    AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very best congratulations to John Hurt gaining a Knighthood - the first actor to play the Doctor on TV to do so.:)
This discussion has been closed.