Forum Member
✭✭
awww poor betty

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh that's a shame, I was just getting into it. Missed out on the first 4 seasons.

But still have them to watch eventually.

At least they seem to have notice so can wrap the series up properly.
  • Options
    Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame - hardly a classic, but it's made me laugh out loud pretty regularly, and god knows there aren't many parts out there for women over 50 (or over 90 for that matter!), so it'll be missed for that, too. They're good at getting guest stars, so I hope they pull out all the stops now they know it's the end of their run...
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame as there was quite a good cast. Just a shame that the writers went down some absurd avenues.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good
    The ratings have been dreadful for the recent two episodes, and I have found that the show has moved into "Jump the shark" territory. I was actually going to stop watching but think i may stick around now that this is the final season. Fantastic cast. But the writing has been horrendous since season 4, but got even worse late season 5/early season 6.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mizhog wrote: »
    awww poor betty

I doubt Betty is bothered. At least she can put her feet up and enjoy the syndication cheques.
  • Options
    Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt Betty is bothered. At least she can put her feet up and enjoy the syndication cheques.
    Retiring at 92? Slacker! :D
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked the first two series then they started trying to get them all married off or bring in long term partners and it got weird in some episodes, have not seen the recent series as I forget Sony Channel exists.
  • Options
    MacBurpMacBurp Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Shame. This show is my guilty pleasure. HiC is unusual for me in that it's improved over time - I thought series 1 was awful, bit things got better once the girls back story was filled in and they started to have some serious relationships (although Wendie Malick with Jim from Neighbours never really worked for me).

I've seen comments that they may have finished because of Betty White's health. I notice she's not been so active in the last season as she used to be. Fantastic for 93 though :)