The only thing that makes Katie seem intelligent is that she's "posh"

rorybbrorybb Posts: 3,220
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone else notice that Katie doesn't actually seem very intelligent despite all her posturing? She has no flair for words at all and trips over any of the insults she tries to say. I noticed it in her own programme as well , she's not very quick witted at all , and can't argue a point to save her life. Why is she somehow regarded as so "intelligent" and witty? Her "forked tongue" doesn't seem very impressive

Comments

• IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    If theres one thing you cannot take away from her - its that she is intelligent.

She's got quite some qualifications, Alan Sugar said he was going to hire her if she didn't pull out and she's a successful business woman.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her accent reminds me of Harry Enfields Tim nice but dim character.
  • Oracles_eyeOracles_eye Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rorybb wrote: »
    Does anyone else notice that Katie doesn't actually seem very intelligent despite all her posturing? She has no flair for words at all and trips over any of the insults she tries to say. I noticed it in her own programme as well , she's not very quick witted at all , and can't argue a point to save her life. Why is she somehow regarded as so "intelligent" and witty? Her "forked tongue" doesn't seem very impressive

Newspaper report from either last year or year before which became Viral was a very good read about her.

Allegedly
  • rorybbrorybb Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If theres one thing you cannot take away from her - its that she is intelligent.

She's got quite some qualifications, Alan Sugar said he was going to hire her if she didn't pull out and she's a successful business woman.

She doesn't strike me as very bright despite all that , she may have qualifications (and goo for her) but she's not sharp. Also she seems to have very simplistic (almost childish) views on things and pretty much refuses to listen to reason at all (also se blatantly contradicts herself all the time) . Yet she seems to think she's the smart one in a house full of "idiots" , she wasn't smart enough to time her consolation of Alexander and Chloe at all well
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newspaper report from either last year or year before which became Viral was a very good read about her.

Allegedly

Oooh what did it say?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh what did it say?

I can't post it but Google is lovely lol.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She doesn't strike me as very bright despite all that , she may have qualifications (and goo for her) but she's not sharp. Also she seems to have very simplistic (almost childish) views on things and pretty much refuses to listen to reason at all (also se blatantly contradicts herself all the time) . Yet she seems to think she's the smart one in a house full of "idiots" , she wasn't smart enough to time her consolation of Alexander and Chloe at all well

she's a bigot.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she sounds terribly posh at all.
  • sulasula Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    I can't post it but Google is lovely lol.

Do you mean this one?

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/feb/14/katie-hopkins-interview
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The story and picture is online still.

I'm just off to look in a reflective surface, maybe the mirror.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she sounds terribly posh at all.

Maybe to a uk person she sounds different but I thought she had quite a posh accent no?
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member

I don't find her intelligent at all. Maybe that's what makes her so popular with a certain section of DS? She seems to be lost without some sort of script. Off the cuff - she appears to be just ... well ... lost!
  • IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    I don't find her intelligent at all. Maybe that's what makes her so popular with a certain section of DS? She seems to be lost without some sort of script. Off the cuff - she appears to be just ... well ... lost!

Because saying a comment like that clearly makes you seem very intelligent and grown up.
  • M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    She is not really posh.
    She is a nasty English schoolgirl with simplistic mean girl values.
    She makes out she is posh so that she gets the upper hand but when you compare her to genuine posh she is fake, as fake as the plastic surgery she is slagging off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sula wrote: »

Oh my gosh , I think there actually might be something wrong with her for her to be so out of touch with basic empathy , maybe she has some sort of disorder?
    She cried in her documentary so that's that out of the way for her now.
    I would say that someone who refuses at any point to listen to reason or any one else's opinion is quite an "idiot" as she would say
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is not really posh.
    She is a nasty English schoolgirl with simplistic mean girl values.

She makes out she is posh so that she gets the upper hand but when you compare her to genuine posh she is fake, as fake as the plastic surgery she is slagging off.

Agree.
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are correct. She got an excellent degree at Exeter University - in a proper academic subject not something like media studies. It is quite easy to tell she is intelligent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my gosh , I think there actually might be something wrong with her for her to be so out of touch with basic empathy , maybe she has some sort of disorder?
    She cried in her documentary so that's that out of the way for her now.
    I would say that someone who refuses at any point to listen to reason or any one else's opinion is quite an "idiot" as she would say

I like to sometimes Google these words

Katie Hopkins confesses field juice
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jeanoj wrote: »
    You are correct. She got an excellent degree at Exeter University - in a proper academic subject not something like media studies. It is quite easy to tell she is intelligent.

Academic qualifications are not reflective of being intelligent.

Moreover, such a shame that the so called "intelligent" Ms. Hopkins could not use her brain to help and not hurt others. So, ignorance or lack of intellect cannot be used to excuse her appalling behaviour.:(
  • keeping_it_realkeeping_it_real Posts: 3,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree.

Me too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jeanoj wrote: »

She might be book smart but she's certainly not sharp or quick witted. And she has no way with words at all
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She might be book smart but she's certainly not sharp or quick witted. And she has no way with words at all

She is deathly dull without her keyboard or a script. (and even with those she is deeply uninteresting)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is deathly dull without her keyboard or a script.

From what I can tell she's not that smart with one either , her views are always childishly presented , she can't argue a point and she leaves no room for other opinions , clearly she didn't learn very much about basic argument skills and point making during her super academic course (maybe media studies would have been better for her seeing as where she ended up? )
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Because saying a comment like that clearly makes you seem very intelligent and grown up.

Oh it isn't just DS! There are users on other sites who are referring to her as a 'goddess' too! They must lead very, very, VERY sheltered lives - much like their DS counterparts!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I can tell she's not that smart with one either , her views are always childishly presented , she can't argue a point and she leaves no room for other opinions , clearly she didn't learn very much about basic argument skills and point making during her super academic course (maybe media studies would have been better for her seeing as where she ended up? )

I know, I had added later that she's not interesting with them either.;-) I cannot for the life of me comprehend what people see in her. She is just a massive ball of walking vituperative spite without any redeeming features as far as I can see.