Grand Designs new series.....

PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
Forum Member
Does anyone know when this is due on our screens? The last I heard was just "Autumn" but that was quite a while ago and I've not been able to find out anything else since.

Comments

• Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Grand design but am weary now of repeats .But I find that many of the couples shown are extremely selfish .There are some exceptions but alot of them couldnt care less who they bother while they build , they move their kids to pander to the parents wishes, leave them in cold caravans etc for years .And are so selfish with neighbours etc .
    But the ones that absolutely took the biscuit where a couple who build an extension on a large roof top apartment in Brighton, The scaffolding that was meant to be up for 8 months was up for two years and blocked all the neighbours views etc .
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dare say they can't show a new series until enough of the projects are complete.

Given the level of stupidity of the people involved it could be years yet.
  • CLARKSONIOUSCLARKSONIOUS Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Aren't we in the middle of a recession, banks not lending etc.
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Grand Designs" is such an ironically named programme since it really does demonstrate what Darwin was going on about.

No creator could possibly be involved with human beings, just look at this duo creating an Art Deco Gothic-Castle on Water

What science has yet to explain, how did they become wealthy?
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know when this is due on our screens? The last I heard was just "Autumn" but that was quite a while ago and I've not been able to find out anything else since.

Does anyone know of a project that was actually "finished?" With many, as Kevin walks up to them at the conclusion of the programme there's often a pile of rubble in what is supposed to be the garden.
    "Gardens complete houses."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    I used to really like this show, but then I got increasingly annoyed at it's pace and just wanted to see how it was and how it turned out :o
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to really like this show, but then I got increasingly annoyed at it's pace and just wanted to see how it was and how it turned out :o

Yep, I record it and then skip through Kevin's "This was never going to be an easy build" and his other claptrap.

Just like to see the building going up.

It also spares me the "angst" element of the the owners of the property, many of the problems about which we have to see them agonising, are caused by their own ineptitude and unrealistic aspirations.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed this programme, but have steered clear of the More4 reruns on weeknights cos I don't want to dislike the show like I now do friends.

Looking fwd toa new series on Ch4 too, but I thought I had heard that this year they won't be showing a new one due to the recession???
  • IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    Yep, I record it and then skip through Kevin's "This was never going to be an easy build" and his other claptrap.

Just like to see the building going up.

It also spares me the "angst" element of the the owners of the property, many of the problems about which we have to see them agonising, are caused by their own ineptitude and unrealistic aspirations.

I do the same thing - why do they have to try and create false drama with these things? There's enough 'natural' drama in the building of a property without Kevin shoving his angst-ridden face into the camera and spouting forth his usual doom and gloom nonsense at every opportunity.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anyone watching?

Yoghurt
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am watching :)
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finding it difficult to get interested in these two.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    They might as well pull down the bungalow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm - still curious to know what the finished house will look like though.
  • magnificentmagnificent Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cow dung and yogurt?? WTF?!
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cow dung and yogurt?? WTF?!
    Standard method for making brick and stonework look older so it doesn't stand out
    Forum Member
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    Standard method for making brick and stonework look older so it doesn't stand out

Yes, it's not a new concept.
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    Hmmm - still curious to know what the finished house will look like though.

I'm thinking a bungalow with a small community college attached to it but I could yet be wrong.
    Forum Member
    The only original thing left will be that fireplace.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kegsie wrote: »
    I'm thinking a bungalow with a small community college attached to it but I could yet be wrong.

:D:D:D Indeed
    Forum Member
    kegsie wrote: »

Sounds about right. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »

oh wow! really?? I've learnt something tonight! :)
    Forum Member
    Think of the insects that will set up home with the wood cladding, yoghurt and cow dung.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've kind of warmed to the couple. Especially the guy seems quite funny.

Oooh my favourite advert ! Ikea (sorry - OT)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It all looks a bit sh*t quite frankly