2»

Comments

• D.PageD.Page Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FIFA1966 wrote: »
    So, nobody has a solution then?

Typical.

Well, if they do manage to find out what the solution is, they are hardly going to help you now, with comments like that, you moron. You really should think before you send impatient comments.
  • FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D.Page wrote: »
    Well, if they do manage to find out what the solution is, they are hardly going to help you now, with comments like that, you moron. You really should think before you send impatient comments.

Listen, I only said it because of the following:

1. I created this thread so that I can find out if there are others who are having the same problem as me.

2. I joined DS Forums because I thought that there were going to be some smart users who would instantly solve any problem within a few days.

3. Apparently from what I've read, nobody has a solution apart from DS themselves.

4. How would you like it if you had tried to contact DS, but couldn't, why? because they take a very very very long time to reply.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FIFA1966 wrote: »
    Listen, I only said it because of the following:

1. I created this thread so that I can find out if there are others who are having the same problem as me.

2. I joined DS Forums because I thought that there were going to be some smart users who would instantly solve any problem within a few days.

3. Apparently from what I've read, nobody has a solution apart from DS themselves.

4. How would you like it if you had tried to contact DS, but couldn't, why? because they take a very very very long time to reply.

Sir, you need to adjust your attitude, come back and eat a large slice of humble pie, accept all criticism rightly headed your way, then and only then, someone might share some wisdom with you.

If you can find a mountain, good luck. :D
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As Digital Spy is free you can hardly complain about bad service if support are not replying to you as fast as you would like, especially if you are using an adblocker, which is how the site is funded and how they are able to pay staff and make a living!

I still think the problem relates to the adblocker, even though you disabled it I think the browser has cached the element which loaded when you had the adblocker enabled.

I'd try disabling the adblocker and then clearing the cache, close the browser, re-open and reload the page. We know that several users have found the adblocker to be the cause in previous threads. This is not a new issue i've seen threads from over a year ago with users finding it was caused by ad blockers or other similar addons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thine Wonk wrote: »
    As Digital Spy is free you can hardly complain about bad service if support are not replying to you as fast as you would like, especially if you are using an adblocker, which is how the site is funded and how they are able to pay staff and make a living!

I still think the problem relates to the adblocker, even though you disabled it I think the browser has cached the element which loaded when you had the adblocker enabled.

I'd try disabling the adblocker and then clearing the cache, close the browser, re-open and reload the page. We know that several users have found the adblocker to be the cause in previous threads. This is not a new issue i've seen threads from over a year ago with users finding it was caused by ad blockers or other similar addons.

So the problem is not HTML5 then?

No other website, that I have visited, has this problem.
  • fenlanderfenlander Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's not a 'problem' at all. Perhaps - just a possibility - DS are writing their code in such a way as to discourage people from using adblockers, given the loss of revenue adblockers cause them. Annoying, perhaps, but you can hardly blame them. I've encountered other sites where items don't work if there's a blocker working. If you decide to block, you have to deal with any fallout it might cause.

DS put up site that works in all the major browsers. They don't actually owe you any answers if something doesn't work on your specific system. They're providing a website, not a 'service', and as you don't pay them anything they don't have to jump any time you say jump. 'Pathetic'? - I don't think so.

So you come to a forum and ask other users for answers and then berate the people who've been trying to help you. It seems we're not offering a satisfactory level of service, either. Here's some news - you don't always get a answer that suits you on a forum, but people will be more likely to make an effort to help if you're courteous and helpful yourself. We don't actually owe you any answers either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS, can you please fix the HTML5 problem?
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you contacted DS directly?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/contact/?contact_type=forum

edit - i see you have, personally I agree with Thine Wonk.