Will Russia "invade" Ukraine

Comments

• Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    WindWalker wrote: »
    Your level of understanding is abysmal. This latest instance is a different issue altogether to my post. That was about blowing up tanks, capturing crews and destroying columns of vehicles. The later reports are about catching 10 paratroopers who appeared to be walking. Totally different things and nothing to do with providing proof for the destroyed tanks/vehicles that i posted about. Don't let that stop you making a fool of yourself though.

Mate ....you're making a fool of yourself....you said the 10 Russian soldiers may be USA soldiers or spies which is beyond ridiculous...even Russia says they were Russian .

You're the one providing links to crazy crackpot conspiracy sites lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blockz99 wrote: »
    Mate ....you're making a fool of yourself....you said the 10 Russian soldiers may be USA soldiers or spies which is beyond ridiculous...even Russia says they were Russian .

You're the one providing links to crazy crackpot conspiracy sites lol

Quote where I said that please?
  • snukrsnukr Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy goose-stepping day to:

The racist, anti-semitic and homophobic fascists in the Ukraine Government;

Frau Merkel who is celebrating with them and giving them a gift of EU citizens' money;

Geoff Pyatt who is waving their lousy looking flag to the rafters and waxing hokily about "beautiful" Crimea. Not by Cornish standards it isn't. Whether it is Crimea or California a lump of old rock in US Ukraine is a lump of old rock.

Kagan may be wrong on everything he has ever crafted but he was nearly right on one thing. If Americans are from Mars, then (Western) Europeans are from Venus. What that means is that a significant section of us in the latter category will never be a part of the international community being led by the States into befriending that regime as it wants. That so-called Government is ISIS without an Islamic component. Air strikes on it would be far more apt.

https://twitter.com/GeoffPyatt

In what way are the Ukrainian government, "racist, anti-semitic and homophobic fascists"?
    Poroshenko and Yatsenyuk both have Jewish ancestry and a number of top positions are held by Jews, also isn't it Russia which is heavily criticised for it's homophobia?
    Merkel isn't a friend of Ukraine, she said it can join the Eurasian Union if it wishes, a totally ridiculous comment.
    The Ukrainian flag looks better than the Russian and British and American flags for that matter.
    Have you ever been to Crimea? I have and it's more than "a lump of old rock", there are certainly parts of it which are more beautiful than Cornwall which I have also been to.
    Forum Member
    Quote where I said that please?

One wonders if the captured Russian crew had Langley, VA crew cuts? ...
    here you go straight from your post....it must be hard keeping up with your conflicting conspiracy theories there are so many...but glad to be able to refresh your memory :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One wonders if the captured Russian crew had Langley, VA crew cuts? ...
    here you go straight from your post....it must be hard keeping up with your conflicting conspiracy theories there are so many...but glad to be able to refresh your memory :D

That was in the article I quoted. The use of italics denotes that and the link at the end confirms it. My comments are after the link in normal typeface.

Do you not look at links or understand how articles are used on forums? :confused:
  • LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    snukr wrote: »
    In what way are the Ukrainian government, "racist, anti-semitic and homophobic fascists"?
    Poroshenko and Yatsenyuk both have Jewish ancestry and a number of top positions are held by Jews, also isn't it Russia which is heavily criticised for it's homophobia?
    Merkel isn't a friend of Ukraine, she said it can join the Eurasian Union if it wishes, a totally ridiculous comment.
    The Ukrainian flag looks better than the Russian and British and American flags for that matter.
    Have you ever been to Crimea? I have and it's more than "a lump of old rock", there are certainly parts of it which are more beautiful than Cornwall which I have also been to.

The Jewish ancestry of Yatsenyuk has been debated and, from memory, the authorised opinion is that it is great fiction. Just because the far right in Ukraine has described him as "a thieving Jew" doesn't mean that he is Jewish.

Whatever, Nuland and her husband are Jewish but that didn't stop them and McCain giving full support to proven haters of Jewish people in Ukraine. "Scum" is the word Tyahnybok has used for them. Some of those haters are currently Government Ministers in Ukraine. Mainly the ones in Svoboda. Additionally, the appointed leader of the military response to the uprising in East Ukraine, Heletey, was the founding father of the far right Social-National Party of Ukraine, alongside Tyahnybok. Conveniently, he was quietly dismissed after the airline was brought down.

On gay rights, independent civil rights assessments indicate that Ukraine has a worse policy position than Russia and I can prove it if necessary on the basis of my research. Stephen Fry, the likes of Chris Bryant, and many others just jumped on the anti Sochi bandwagon and in doing so badly skewed opinion. Some continue to do so. A flag is a flag unless it is really special. The Ukrainian flag is totally forgettable. I have never been to Crimea but if it's that good, emigration could ultimately become an option if what remains of Ukraine is inflicted on the EU populations.
    Forum Member
    That was in the article I quoted. The use of italics denotes that and the link at the end confirms it. My comments are after the link in normal typeface.

Do you not look at links or understand how articles are used on forums? :confused:

So you don't agree with the Article you quoted ?
    You think the Article you quoted saying they were American spies is just Russian propaganda ?

Lol......you're renound for posting links to conspiracy sites and then when challenged you say "oh its not me saying this its the sites " or I was just quoting someone else ....why did you post a piece saying the Russian Soldiers were American agents ? .....you're so transparent lol ...but please as I've said before do continue to post as it makes quite a lot of us laugh ;-)
    Forum Member
    Surprise , surprise, the puppet masters repeating what the puppets said. If America had kept it's nose out of EU and Ukraine in particular, none of this would be happening. But them war is a money making scam with opportunity to pillage after the dust settles...

Are you still in denial ......

Do you still hold the line that Russian has not supported the pro Russian Ukranian rebels militarily ?

Do believe the latest reports of thousands of Russian troops crossing the border and fighting on the side of the Rebels ?
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that those 100 aid trucks were all near empty told us that something was brewing.

Winter is approaching and Putin knows that he as the off switch available on EU gas supplies. Expect worse. We are damned if we do nothing, damned if we do something, that is why wars usually escalate.
  • OvertheUnderOvertheUnder Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28967526

Has Russia just escalated the crisis?
  • jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone who thinks Russian troops aren't and haven't been deployed to Ukraine is in lalaland or denial. Russia is using the same tactics it deployed in Georgia and will achieve the same outcome it did there.
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,129
    Forum Member
    I wish Russia would just get on with it and crush the puny Ukrainians.
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're using the same 'little green men' tactic they used in Crimea, only this time Ukraine forces are fighting back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Russia would just get on with it and crush the puny Ukrainians.

Most primitive pro Russians would want the same. They've no idea what it's like to live in a civilised world, free from a bully like Putin.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone is still in doubt.
    MOSCOW, Aug 28 (Reuters) - A member of President Vladimir Putin's advisory council on human rights, Ella Polyakova, said on Thursday she believed Russia was carrying out an invasion of Ukraine..
  • AxtolAxtol Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    jmclaugh wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks Russian troops aren't and haven't been deployed to Ukraine is in lalaland or denial. Russia is using the same tactics it deployed in Georgia and will achieve the same outcome it did there.

Yes they are using the same tactics they did in Georgia and the same tactics we used in Libya. They've learned from watching the West that as long as you keep repeating that your invasion is just to "protect civilians" you can get away with almost anything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Axtol wrote: »
    Yes they are using the same tactics they did in Georgia and the same tactics we used in Libya. They've learned from watching the West that as long as you keep repeating that your invasion is just to "protect civilians" you can get away with almost anything.

Russia doesn't need to learn from the West. It does what it wants, always has done and doesn't care what anybody else thinks.

Do you agree with Russia invading Ukraine?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ukraine Accuses Russia Of Launching Invasion, Then Promptly Retracts

Ukraine accused Russia on Thursday of mounting an invasion in the southeast of the country in support of pro-Moscow separatist rebels. Ukraine's security and defense council said the border town of Novoazovsk and other parts of Ukraine's south-east had fallen under the control of Russian forces who together with rebels were staging a counter-offensive. "A counter-offensive by Russian troops and separatist units is continuing in south-east Ukraine," the council said in a post on Twitter. ... and then everything was promptly denied: CORRECTED-UKRAINIAN PRESIDENT POROSHENKO SAYS RUSSIAN TROOPS HAVE BEEN BROUGHT INTO UKRAINE (NOT 'RUSSIAN MILITARY INVASION HAS TAKEN PLACE')

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-28/ukraine-accuses-russia-launching-invasion-then-promptly-retracts

As always, links to sources within article.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you don't agree with the Article you quoted ?
    You think the Article you quoted saying they were American spies is just Russian propaganda ?

Lol......you're renound for posting links to conspiracy sites and then when challenged you say "oh its not me saying this its the sites " or I was just quoting someone else ....why did you post a piece saying the Russian Soldiers were American agents ? .....you're so transparent lol ...but please as I've said before do continue to post as it makes quite a lot of us laugh ;-)

Your hysterics are getting quite worrying, or at least, your lack of knowledge about quoting external sources is. The last bit was sarcasm on the part of the writer of the article indicating Langley involvement in Ukraine. That bit has been well reported, even in the msm. That you attribute that to me is indicative of your apparent inability to read and understand posts on message boards. Might be better to take your time reading rather than jumping in with confused comments. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jmclaugh wrote: »

Odd thing is US money is doing exactly the same thing by employing foreign mercenaries to fight on behalf of Kiev.

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2014/05/24/363971/foreigners-fight-on-kievs-side-in-east/

Large sections of the Ukrainian Army have refused to move against Eastern regions and those that have done, have done so reluctantly - Barring of course the bloodthirsty Neo Nazi brigades which Western leaders and the Press have been cheerleading on.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/27/ukrainian-troops-in-full-chaotic-retreat-as-putin-/

Indeed many of the 'conscripts' in the Ukraine Army are from the East of the country, so hardly surprising they are refusing to kill their families and neighbours.
    Why people become enraged because the Russians are supporting Russian speaking people in a neighbouring country from being slaughtered is selectively picking and choosing what suits a right wing view point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Russia doesn't need to learn from the West. It does what it wants, always has done and doesn't care what anybody else thinks.

There has only been the word of the 'outfit' in Kiev to verify this so called invasion.

In the same vein do you agree with the US pumping billions of dollars into the pockets of certain influential organisations and individuals in the Ukraine to achieve the government it requires in the Ukraine?

Bearing in mind of course that Chevron and Shell have been given the drilling rights in various regions of the Ukraine for shale gas, and also bearing in mind that shale gas will particularly be abundant in the coal rich Donbass region of the Ukraine.

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/8/10/long-before-the-fearofwartherewasfearoffrackinginukraine.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Odd thing is US money is doing exactly the same thing by employing foreign mercenaries to fight on behalf of Kiev.

http://www.presstv.com/detail/2014/05/24/363971/foreigners-fight-on-kievs-side-in-east/

Large sections of the Ukrainian Army have refused to move against Eastern regions and those that have done, have done so reluctantly - Barring of course the bloodthirsty Neo Nazi brigades which Western leaders and the Press have been cheerleading on.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/27/ukrainian-troops-in-full-chaotic-retreat-as-putin-/

Indeed many of the 'conscripts' in the Ukraine Army are from the East of the country, so hardly surprising they are refusing to kill their families and neighbours.
    Why people become enraged because the Russians are supporting Russian speaking people in a neighbouring country from being slaughtered is selectively picking and choosing what suits a right wing view point.

Indeed it is. People being slaughtered by their own governments in the Middle East and it's bombs away from the west, people on here cheerleading for attacks on Assad, casual calls to bomb various countries where civilians are killed and injured yet total about face when it come to Ukraine.

Is that because the mainstream media has led with an anti Russia narrative from the start? Where are all the calls for evidence from Ukraine over MH17? No ATC recordings, no plots, no radar, no information. Nothing at all and fuzzy third hand pictures from America make up the sum total. Russia has provided evidence and raised serious questions, all ignored in favour of a week or two of anti Russia propaganda.

As I've always said, Russia secured it's own military base in Crimea, it then gave the people a vote on what they wanted. This was after Ukraine was taken over in a western backed military coup. One which had the democratically elected president feeing or face being murdered. The head of the CIA was in Ukraine, Blackwater are operating in Ukraine, American vice president's son is now on the board of it's biggest energy company and fracking by western (American) companies will follow as sure as night follows day.

The gold was flown out in the dead of night for 'safe keeping' to be replaced with western created debt dollars. Debt that had the condition attached that in order to receive the full sum, Ukraine had to fight and secure the East. The government formed since then is a western puppet regime, which as since been dissolved, so who knows who's in charge or what safeguards there are for Ukrainian citizens. Meanwhile innocent men, women and children die, they are without basic amenities and require aid urgently. Russia tries to help by supplying aid and the western media go in to overdrive to try and hamper even that.

Some people really need to open their eyes and see what's going on here.
    Forum Member
    If anyone is still in doubt.
    Your hysterics are getting quite worrying, or at least, your lack of knowledge about quoting external sources is. The last bit was sarcasm on the part of the writer of the article indicating Langley involvement in Ukraine. That bit has been well reported, even in the msm. That you attribute that to me is indicative of your apparent inability to read and understand posts on message boards. Might be better to take your time reading rather than jumping in with confused comments. :)

I'm far from hysterical lol ...Ahhhh there you go again distancing yourself from what you quoted when your called out on it.......you havn't distanced yourself from the "its a jewish conspiracy " links or the "bodies were dead before they were put on MH17 " links.. .....You've still not explained why you keep quoting and linking to crazy sites then meekly saying I'm only pointing out what others are saying :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the proof Russia is sending thousands of troops into Ukraine? Where is the video evidence? Not saying it's not true but I don't see any substantial evidence anywhere.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,554
    Forum Member
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28967526

Has Russia just escalated the crisis?

Its been escalating it ever since the Ukrainian army started to mop up the small numbers of seperatist fighters. The seperatists have had a problem recruiting locals - which isn't surprising given the polls suggest a majority of locals want to stay in the Ulraine, and the locals where the Ukrainian army has retaken towns seem glad to have got rid of a lot of thugs, cossack mercenaries, serbs and assorted former members of the Warsaw Pact special forces.

The war has had a clear momentum. The Ukrainians had too few troops to do anything much at first. Their best units were covering the northern approaches to Kiev from the Russian armoured concentration the Russians built up to the north of there. The Russians then withdrew , and the Ukrainians moved units East. As they advanced, Russian units came back to the border areas, and equipment started crossing .Putin didn't care that this was all recorded on youtube and satellite pictures, as he discounts Obama , Cameron, and Merkel As the Ukrainians closed in on Donetsk and Lugansk , the Russians cleared the border areas of Ukrainian troops by supplying fire support. They have since been using control of the border to supply enough multiple rocket launchers and some tanks to allow the seperatists to attack the small Ukrainian units trying to contain the remaining seperatist held cities. They have also supplied enough surface to air missiles to blunt Ukrainian airpower, and stop attack helicopters being used effectively on the Russian supplied armour. When all that didn't work, Putin seems to have escalated again to bigger convoys of armour, and Russian volunteers.

Her's now abandoning the Hitler Czech and Poland playbook, and is adopting Stalin and Mao's from the Korean war . As the seperatists are telling us today , the lost paratroopers from one of the russian airborne divisions , have now been joined by Russian troops who have volunteered to spend their leave helping their fellow Russians take over the Ukraine. We now have Russian equipment, manned by volunteers who happen to be Russian troops "on leave" - which is exactly what happened in Korea - where Russian built tanks and Russian Migs piloted by Russians took on UN forces, and the N Korean regime were saved from defeat by a massive infusion of Chinese "volunteers".