Has Salmond won the referendum tonight?

iain_stevenson1iain_stevenson1 Posts: 1,349
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Without question Alex salmond has won the 2nd debate hands down.He may even have done enough to make it a game changer and put yes over the top. I think we are aboout to see history made after tonight !

Comments

• droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without question Alex salmond has won the 2nd debate hands down.He may even have done enough to make it a game changer and put yes over the top. I think we are aboout to see history made after tonight !

Darling hasn't done well. But Salmond doesn't impress me at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salmond has definitely won this debate.
  • pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    Salmond could not win an argument with himself let alone with someone else. He has shown himself up tonight. Its all about his ego.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salmond won, but the press and No supporters will kill this fact with countless excuses after excuses, and this comes from a guy who believed Darling won the previous debate

So many rUK members debating this issue who are clearly scared over the issue of Scotland leaving :D
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was certainly the most irritating, if that helps.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    So many rUK members debating this issue who are clearly scared over the issue of Scotland leaving :D
    or hoping for it ;-)
  • NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    There's no way Salmond won. All the poll results shown on sky news show about 50% to No and and 38 - 40% Yes.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He did pretty well, though I suspect its a little late in the day. I'm not sure people are really being swayed by the debates or even by the electioneering - I'dve thought you were either for or against such a fundamental question and couldn't be 'persuaded'

One thing though - something Salmond could've pointed out that there's no guarentee that in an Inderpendant Scotland that the SNP would actually be in charge so some of the questions like Trident maybe moot.
  • james_killroyjames_killroy Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A poll expert on Sky said despite Salmond winning tonight it will take a miracle over the next two weeks to make Yes win as every poll has only ever shown No in the lead.
  • heskethbangheskethbang Posts: 4,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salmond performed far better than Alistair Darling. 1-1
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most people are firmly entrenched, have been for months. These debates are meaningless flannel. Thank goodness it's nearly over.
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    Most people are firmly entrenched, have been for months. These debates are meaningless flannel. Thank goodness it's nearly over.

Yup, and we never have to hear from Salmond again. The whole thing is a waste of time.
  • carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think that is accurate. Every poll shows huge numbers of undecideds, some as high as 24%!
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    I watched it along with some friends who were either undecided or firmly in the NO camp, and they have all decided to vote YES now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carnoch04 wrote: »
    I don't think that is accurate. Every poll shows huge numbers of undecideds, some as high as 24%!

They are no voters but too scared to say so incase they get abuse. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abarthman wrote: »
    I watched it along with some friends who were either undecided or firmly in the NO camp, and they have all decided to vote YES now.

Really:o what swayed them tonight?
    Forum Member
    They are no voters but too scared to say so incase they get abuse. :D
    Scared of abuse. Scared of spiders. Whatever will they be scared of next?

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/scottish-independence-no-voters-scared-of-spiders-1-3513157
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member

That's fantastic! :D

Whether you like Salmond, you don't, you're a Yes voter, you're not, how anyone can say Salmond DIDN'T win that debate, I can't comprehend. :confused::o

One being 'irritating' does not impact on their ability to win a debate.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nosedive wrote: »
    There's no way Salmond won. All the poll results shown on sky news show about 50% to No and and 38 - 40% Yes.

The BBC Two show said that 77% thought Salmond won
    Forum Member
    Really:o what swayed them tonight?
    They felt that Salmond was confident and positive, but Darling was insincere and negative.

The BBC poll reckons 71% of viewers thought Salmond won the dabate. This might just swing it for the YES vote.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-28929057
  • maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    Nosedive wrote: »

The question was re tonight's debate, it is not about the poll results
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scared of abuse. Scared of spiders. Whatever will they be scared of next?

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/scottish-independence-no-voters-scared-of-spiders-1-3513157

Haha, love spiders . Will refrain from going farther. Will leave the insults to others.:)
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    Salmond has definitely won this debate.

He won the shouting match and making up facts competition. I'm not sure he won the debate, the argument or the referendum.
  • LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    I didn't follow it because England was not allowed to listen to the first one.

It suggests that if there is independence, 50% of what Scotland does will be done in secrecy.