In parks: Put your dog on a bloody lead!

12346»

Comments

• Daffodil67Daffodil67 Posts: 1,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Put your dogs on a bloody lead anywhere! As I said upthread, I have 2 chihuahuas....Post from another forum

Poor Sophie got attacked today, she is fine though dont worry.

I was out walking her and Rosie, luckily as Rosie is so small she tires easily so we were almost at the end of our walk and I had her picked up at that time.

Im still walking Sophie on the lead and this Jack Russell springs out and starts to try and attack her, where I got it from I dont know, but I found the co ordination to spin round with Rosie still in my arms and punch this dog on the nose to get him away from her. (She isnt in any season) . The stupid owners were all apologetic and said 'Oh he hates other dogs' so my reply to that is 'Well if that's the case why are you letting him bolt out of the house with no lead?' Argggh! Stupid people, Lucy was the sweetest dog ever and still would never leave the house without her lead on and she only would ever run up to other dogs to be friendly but it was the other dogs I didnt trust!

Sophie had the indignity of having to have a bath when I got her home cos this beast had peed on her. Absolutely stank!!

I love dogs but I am a little picky and I was almost put off dogs for life by a very hostile Jack Russell the family had when I was a teen. It was only Lucy that got me back loving doggies again and I would never have a male dog again after him. Ive met lots of lovely male dogs but it's funny how it gets to you eh?

I dread to think what would have happened if I'd still had Rosie walking on the lead, she is not even 2.5lb. Luckily Sophie is quite big for a chi (5.5lb) so could stand her own a little during the brief attack.

Im going to take Sophie back on another brief walk around the block now (So we go right by where she was attacked) so she doesnt become too afraid to go out.

Im sorry if Ive offended any Jack Russell lovers but my experiences through life with them have never been positive: The one when I was a teen, the only time I EVER saw Lucy bare her teeth and show aggression during her whole almost 13 years with me was when a JR attacked her for no reason and now this today.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daffodil67 wrote: »
    Put your dogs on a bloody lead anywhere! As I said upthread, I have 2 chihuahuas....Post from another forum

So I've been taking my dogs for a walk to a local woods the past couple of weeks at 5:45 am and you want me to keep them on the lead
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    So I've been taking my dogs for a walk to a local woods the past couple of weeks at 5:45 am and you want me to keep them on the lead

Well , if I was a chihuahua owner who keeps my dogs on leash that your dog mauled at that time of day then YES.

Is it that hard? Why should you justify your dogs attacking mine at ANY time of day?
  • JaxxfanJaxxfan Posts: 1,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a great shame we don't have dog parks like they do in America :(
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daffodil67 wrote: »
    Well , if I was a chihuahua owner who keeps my dogs on leash that your dog mauled at that time of day then YES.

Is it that hard? Why should you justify your dogs attacking mine at ANY time of day?

I wouldn't justify any dogs attacking yours but at 5:45am the only person I see is the milkman when I'm walking to the woods once in the woods I haven't seen anyone - but when I'm out with my dogs if we approach another dog walker I recall my dogs and put them on the lead until we've gone pass each other which is only good manners - dogs need to be able to have a run sometimes a lead walk is not enough excercise
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    I wouldn't justify any dogs attacking yours but at 5:45am the only person I see is the milkman when I'm walking to the woods once in the woods I haven't seen anyone - but when I'm out with my dogs if we approach another dog walker I recall my dogs and put them on the lead until we've gone pass each other which is only good manners - dogs need to be able to have a run sometimes a lead walk is not enough excercise

That's fine, I was annoyed last night and as usual on Digital Spy was annoyed that someone took my post and twisted it.

Im glad to hear you put your dogs back on lead if there are other dogs about. I cant risk ever letting the chis off lead in an open space but they get enough of a run in the garden.

But Im not likely to be walking my chihuahuas at 5.45am in Welwyn Garden City anytime soon so it's ok lol.