Options

Manx Radio AM / Caroline North

radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Manx Radio Not carrying Caroline North at the moment.

Comments

• Options
    Excess BaggageExcess Baggage Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prob from 9am as before
  • Options
    Seagull259Seagull259 Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never does until 08.30 when Manx Radio's Chris Williams Carnaby Street goes out on both stations. Broadcasts from the Ross start at 10.30 with Kevin Turner followed by the return to the ship of Peter Philips at 12.00.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So no John Ellery on Manx Radio then from 6.00 ?
    Its was before
  • Options
    Kitt 2000Kitt 2000 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How good is it to hear peter Philips on Caroline again ?

He must have the best voice in radio..
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Another excellent day of radio ---- thanks again Manx Radio .
    This is how presentation should be ----
    Happy listening all .
    Regards
  • Options
    LeeBoy19LeeBoy19 Posts: 1,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kitt 2000 wrote: »
    How good is it to hear peter Philips on Caroline again ?

He must have the best voice in radio..
    Yes great to hear him again on the radio and more to the point on Radio Caroline. Interesting chat between him Chris Pearson yesterday.
  • Options
    Fred FlintstoneFred Flintstone Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oscar1 wrote: »
    Another excellent day of radio ---- thanks again Manx Radio .
    This is how presentation should be ----
    Happy listening all .
    Regards

Couldn't agree more. These special link ups with Manx Radio have become a must listen to.
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Only 2 hours left to listen
    and it will all happen again at the end of October.
    Brilliant week end as ever.
    Regards
  • Options
    ProjectionistProjectionist Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't agree more. These special link ups with Manx Radio have become a must listen to.
    They are pretty good, anything missed is available via:

http://www.woodleynet.co.uk/caroline/podcasts.htm

Chap who runs that, does a Stirling job.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His name is Roland Beaney
  • Options
    sharesboy16sharesboy16 Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    As I Have Said On Here Before Why Does Not The Manx Government Owned Manx Radio Put In A Takeover Bid For Radio Caroline Sail The Ship To Douglas Harbour And Use It For Its Studio And A Massive Tourist Attraction.
  • Options
    rmc57rmc57 Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I Have Said On Here Before Why Does Not The Manx Government Owned Manx Radio Put In A Takeover Bid For Radio Caroline Sail The Ship To Douglas Harbour And Use It For Its Studio And A Massive Tourist Attraction.

Probably because the Manx don't think it's worth doing. Anyway, you can ask them yourself using the links on this web page.

http://www.tynwald.org.im/links/contact/Pages/default.aspx

Not everyone loves Caroline as much as we do. There's a huge difference between allowing the use of the Foxdale A.M. transmitter for a couple of days a month and buying up the entire station and ship.

In addition, the current, regular Caroline service is based on volunteers working at a studio in Maidstone. I suspect you'd need to find a completely different team of presenters.

Then there's the cost of getting the Ross right round Britain to Douglas. I don't think the locals would agree that it would be a massive tourist attraction.

It's all rather impractical. Better to enjoy what we have than get too wound up over a flight of fancy.

I'm just delighted that Manx Radio keep allowing this to happen. It's the monthly highlight of my radio listening - radio as it should be, intelligent, fun and with such varied music. I'm still staggered at how much music from the 60s to 80s that I am still discovering or had forgotten.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His name is Roland Beaney

Correct :) I was tired when I wrote the post, & his name slipped my mind!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it works great as it is, the costs of not only getting the Ross to the IOM & more important, maintaining her once she is there, would be enormous - Peter Moore (AKA Malcolm Smith) does a great job looking after the Ross, organising not only volunteer's to maintain the ship, but folks to do many programmes on the two regular services + then the technical side has to be looked after, now "Uncle Albert" is organising boat trips to see the ship, it all takes a lot of dedication & effort. Would they all have to move to the IOM too?

The secret is, the people involved LOVE doing it - "IT" being keeping both the life & spirit of Radio Caroline alive - in all it's aspects. Yes, they are all getting a bit on the "Mature" side of life now, it would be great to find some "Younger (& fitter) blood" to take on some of the tasks - but would they have the love & dedication for the job?
    Would you ever get them to put down their mobile phones long enough to do the job?
    I'm not sure :)
  • Options
    Kitt 2000Kitt 2000 Posts: 1,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These broadcasts are so much better moe they include the 1980d..

Just sticking with 60s and 70s was getting tiresome..