Pro evo 13 or Fifa 13

124»

Comments

• Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before I buy PES 2013 could someone answer the below questions:

1 - Is a computer controlled Phil Neville still able to outpace a human controlled Theo Walcott?

2 - Can I actually shot outside the box with sufficient power for it to beat the keeper?

3 - When I put the ball in the box am I able to perform a decent header on goal or does it still loop up harmlessly in the air?

4 - Is it possible to get your players to actually attack without extensive pre game tactic changes or used of complicated in game tactics?
    I haven't bought a FIFA game since FIFA 2001 however I am becoming increasingly tempted.

not sure pes is for you mate, pes is just like football manager,rewarding for hardcore football fans.

for casual footy fans it could be a tad too much.
  • Options
    wolverinewolverine Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don Dapper wrote: »

Interesting. Not the score for PES 2013 but the past scores for both the FIFA and PES/Winning Eleven series.

Winning Eleven 6 (a score of 93%) and Winning Eleven 7 (a score of 92%) are the two highest ranking football games of all time according to Metacritic.

Here are the recent FIFA scores:

FIFA 08 (82%), 09 (87%), 10 (91%), 11 (89%) and 12 (89%)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pes has the better gameplay
    fifa has the better presentation.

im buying pes
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    not sure pes is for you mate, pes is just like football manager,rewarding for hardcore football fans.

PES is like a less enjoyable football manager. Clunky control menu doesn't help it. At least you can dive straight into FM. Can't say that about PES.

Remember its competing in the market with FIFA
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I bought PES back on the playstation 2 before it was even known as PES. I owned every PS2 version up to PES 2010 and all subsequent PS3 versions. I played Champ Man 3 and 4 for days on end at uni and am waiting to buy the latest FM. I'm a season ticket holder of my local club and go to watch my local non league club whenever the games don't clash. I'd say i was a fairly serious football fan.

However I have no interest in playing a football game that requires hours of learning tactic changes just in drag out a 1 nil win in every game.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Before I buy PES 2013 could someone answer the below questions:

1 - Is a computer controlled Phil Neville still able to outpace a human controlled Theo Walcott?

2 - Can I actually shot outside the box with sufficient power for it to beat the keeper?

3 - When I put the ball in the box am I able to perform a decent header on goal or does it still loop up harmlessly in the air?

4 - Is it possible to get your players to actually attack without extensive pre game tactic changes or used of complicated in game tactics?

I haven't bought a FIFA game since FIFA 2001 however I am becoming increasingly tempted.

1 - Those with pace on PES are able to fully utilise their pace against slower defenders. Therefore, when controlling a defender, it is down to you to take a good position, jockey him onto his wrong foot, call in a team mate, and so on. There are times when it looks like a pacy winger cannot beat a slower opponent for pace, but this is realistic, as the defender is holding him off, putting an arm across him, that sort of thing.

2 - Yes. Shooting is crisp, and you can pull off some amazing shots from way out. Add to that the random ricochets you get inside the area, shooting makes for some excellent moments.

3 - Heading is poor. There does not seem to be any consistency to it. The exact same corner could be delivered to the same striker in the same position, user pressing same button at the same time. One occasion, header might bullet into the net. On another occasion, it might just harmlessly sail over the bar.

4 - Yes you can. Point R3 at an opponent and click. That player will make a run. This is a brilliant feature. If you are adventurous, point R3 at player, click and hold R3. You are now in control of that player's run. Difficult to control two players at the same time with the two sticks, but fantastic when you get it nailed.

PES is great this year. HOWEVER, for me the lack of league mode was a killer. Fantastic gameplay, but after winning teh Champions League, I had no other mode open to me which I was interested in. I'm currently playing Fifa as I love career mode, but PES definitely has the better gameplay. By a distance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    TechnoGeek wrote: »

Cheers for that. Great article.

What is a little unnerving is dwhlufc's comment at the bottom of the page, which essentially is a carbon copy of my main points/gripes about PES!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought PES back on the playstation 2 before it was even known as PES. I owned every PS2 version up to PES 2010 and all subsequent PS3 versions. I played Champ Man 3 and 4 for days on end at uni and am waiting to buy the latest FM. I'm a season ticket holder of my local club and go to watch my local non league club whenever the games don't clash. I'd say i was a fairly serious football fan.

However I have no interest in playing a football game that requires hours of learning tactic changes just in drag out a 1 nil win in every game.

or your just not very good? bad workman blames their tools and all that

also menus clunky? you can start a game from start up of the xbox within 30 seconds.
  • Options
    vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    PES is like a less enjoyable football manager. Clunky control menu doesn't help it. At least you can dive straight into FM. Can't say that about PES.

Remember its competing in the market with FIFA

Can't dive into a match in PES? Now I really have heard it all, apart from having a quick match option its pretty much straight forward. In terms of playing the game properly, using tactics, layouts and the rest of it... I see it being no different than FM apart from its easier using a mouse than a pad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    or your just not very good? bad workman blames their tools and all that

also menus clunky? you can start a game from start up of the xbox within 30 seconds.

That's a possibility - I am getting on a bit ;)

On the PS2 versions I always played at 5 stars (or 6 where available) and I was able to win all the cups and the master league without too much issue. But once i moved over to PS3 versions I was forced to drop down to 3 stars, and even then I struggle to score.

Personally I think that a good football game should live up to the old "minutes to learn, life time to master" adage. I want to be able to play with a friend who has never played before and still have a good game.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely both games pale into insignificance when compared to FM 13??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely both games pale into insignificance when compared to FM 13??

That's like saying a banana pales into insignificance when compared to a potato.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    different games, fm is played religiously for 6 months and then a break is required in my experience

pes is played 4-5 a week all year round.
  • Options
    Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to spend hours playing Championship manager and Football manager games and then one day thought, why the fudge am I sitting in front of my PC whilst it generates a load of football results.

Haven't played a football manager game for about 3 years since.

PES and Fifa all the way for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fowl Fax wrote: »
    I used to spend hours playing Championship manager and Football manager games and then one day thought, why the fudge am I sitting in front of my PC whilst it generates a load of football results.

same. i not played since football manager on the spectrum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fowl Fax wrote: »

I kind of agree. I used to get so frustrated playing Champ Man 3/4 that eventually I decided that I was better off just not playing it. Though I miss having the background football knowledge you acquire whilst playing it. It makes following football a lot more interesting when you know the players at every club and their abilities, and also the upcoming 'wunderkids'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still play Football Manager 2008 on 360, one more match turns into one more season just can't help myself.