Kojak and Magnum on ITV4

Comments

• GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was too distracted by the fact that Erin Gray was in that episode. She was one of my 80s crushes.

Yeah she was hot back then, i remember her in Buck Rogers. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought I knew her from something else but could remember.

And I must agree the dummy did look silly but I couldn't see Thomas running up a real mountain with Higgins on his back. But we don't watch Magnum for the hyper realism we what it for the fun and silliness and the hot 80's girls in bathing suits:D
  • jnojno Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    According to Wikipedia, Magnum P.I. has been referenced on the 5-0 remake

The successor series to Hawaii Five-O, Hawaii Five-0, paid tribute to Magnum, P.I. when in the 2013 episode "Hoa Pili" the cast referenced the show Magnum, P.I. as they were flying over the island in a helicopter to the sound of the Magnum, P.I. theme

However from that it would appear that in the world of Five-O, Magnum is a fictional tv show.

It is indeed - I have seen this episode and they all talk about it while in a helicopter at the end. Also, Larry Manetti appears in one episode as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missed the 2nd part of Memories are Forever (the one about his wife), as only Kojak was on on Thursday due to the double football, so i thought they would show the 2nd part on the Friday afternoon, but on checking the guide, i noticed they'd showed the repeat of Thursdays Kojak as usual on the Friday morning, but they also showed a Magnum after it, and that must have been the 2nd part which wasn't shown on the Thursday, as when i recorded the Kojak and Magnum as usual on the Friday afternoon, the Magnum was the next episode 'Tropical Madness' :mad:
  • moviesmanmoviesman Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Now that we have Kojak and Magnum on what will they put on after there shows run to the end Id like Itv3 to show classic Mission Imposible, McKenna, The Rifleman, Branded, Black Beauty,The Avengers starting with Diana Rigg,Battlestar Galatica.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Magnums come to the end of its run, as yesterdays was the first episode again, just the first part though, don't know when the 2nd part of it will be shown again, as the next episode, is the one with Higgins taken to Lazeroncis, and Magnum carries that dummy on his back up all those steps, and the one after that is China Doll, about that lasses brother who gets killed by that guy after that Vase or something.

Been looking on that Imdb, theres loads of eps left, and they've missed some out, as after the 2 parter Deja Vu, it went straight to the one where TC's mate got killed by that shopkeeper, but there was about 3-4 episodes before that one after Deja Vu according to Imdb.
  • Lily_MLily_M Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV4 have treated Magnum appallingly. They've shown episodes in any old order and missed out loads. They even missed out the two-parter "Did You See The Sunrise?" which is generally considered by Magnum fans to be the best ever episode.

By the way, there's a brilliant website for Magnum fans:

www.magnum-mania.com
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im sure they did show Did You See The Sunrise?, i thought that Macs Back one was good/funny, where he was laughing with him on the beach at the end, and he didn't have his tash, then when he realised, he ran back into the house, and saw him, TC, Higgins and Rick laughing, but this time he had his tash back :D

Been some really good ones, i loved those ones with the other PI, Luther Gillis as well :D

I'll have to check out that site, thanks :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think the next episode is the one where Higgins gets taken to Lazeronics, can't really remember now, but its definitely been on, im sure it has, its called Black On White.

The Did You See The Sunrise? episode has been on, i remember seeing it now, the one where Magnum shot the Russian bloke at the end.
  • Lily_MLily_M Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Im sure they did show Did You See The Sunrise?, i thought that Macs Back one was good/funny, where he was laughing with him on the beach at the end, and he didn't have his tash, then when he realised, he ran back into the house, and saw him, TC, Higgins and Rick laughing, but this time he had his tash back :D

Been some really good ones, i loved those ones with the other PI, Luther Gillis as well :D

I'll have to check out that site, thanks :)
    Don't think the next episode is the one where Higgins gets taken to Lazeronics, can't really remember now, but its definitely been on, im sure it has, its called Black On White.

The Did You See The Sunrise? episode has been on, i remember seeing it now, the one where Magnum shot the Russian bloke at the end.

Ah, I thought they hadn't shown Sunrise but they must have shown it out of order. I don't always watch it on ITV - I only have Freeview so don't have HD, and I have all the episodes on DVD anyway - but I often dog-sit for friends who have Sky so I watch it in HD when I'm at their house. A couple of months back I watched Three Minus Two on one day and Sunrise should have followed the next day(s), but they skipped to the next episode Ki'i's Don't Lie (the Simon and Simon crossover).

And yes, Black on White was on not long ago, it's supposed to be 4 episodes after Sunrise btw!

I'm not a great Luther Gillis fan, he irritates the hell out of me. But even in the episodes I'm less keen on, there's always something good - quite often it'll be a scene between TM and Higgins - Higgins is such a great character, and Tom Selleck and John Hillerman together are a joy to watch.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sunrise one was on not that log ago, so probably did show it out of sequence, which i think they've done to quite a few for some odd reason.

I love Higgins, he reminds me of Uncle Albert from OFAH when he starts one of his long war stories, and TM just puts his head down and buggers off, leaving him talking to himself :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good job i decided to record this Black On White, as just watched a bit of it, and i can't remember seeing it before, so if it was on, i must have missed it. :p

Lovejoys in this one, he was in one before, where he was trying to kill his wife/gf or something, so must be playing a different character in this one.
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    I missed half of the episodes of Magnum, are they reshowing them again? I was so so (oh dear...) much younger when I first watched them, the storylines are far more hard hitting than I remember. It really was a great show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not really sure, as Fridays was the first episode again, which is a 2 parter, but they only showed the first part this time for some reason, the next episode which they showed (Todays), was the Black On White, but thats from Season 3, and the next episode, is China Doll again, which is the 3rd episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EPGs changed now, next episode isn't China Doll, its the 2nd part of the pilot, Snow In Hawaii, and the next episode after that, is Skin Deep, not sure if ive seen that one either, so will have to record and have a look to make sure :p

Just looked it up on IMDB, i have seen it, its the one i had seen with Lovejoy in before.
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    Im not really sure, as Fridays was the first episode again, which is a 2 parter, but they only showed the first part this time for some reason, the next episode which they showed (Todays), was the Black On White, but thats from Season 3, and the next episode, is China Doll again, which is the 3rd episode.

I have it on my planner now, last time round it only recorded two episodes, think ITV must have changed times round or something. Thanks Grouty :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenzen wrote: »
    I have it on my planner now, last time round it only recorded two episodes, think ITV must have changed times round or something. Thanks Grouty :)

No problem :)

Wonder if they'll go back to normal after Christmas, and continue on from where they left off, as Kojak hasn't started repeating yet.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like ITV are not going to show 'new' episodes. Digiguide reveals that they are carrying on screening all of series 1, then series 2 up to episode 3 (allegedly all and in order) - this up to mid/late January after which data is not yet available - though it seems safe to assume they will just carry on in this way.

No idea why they have done this. Even if they had not bought all the episodes then they showed up to series 6 episode 6 (Round and Around) before reverting - so that is part way through a season and one presumes they have bought at least the rest of series 6.

I guess we will have to wait until about April to find out! :cry:

Sadly ITV have form for this - they showed all of Providence (a first run series), ended on a massive cliffhanger and never screened the final few episodes that resolved all the plots its duped viewers had just wasted months watching ITV to follow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats a shame, i was really enjoying seeing them again :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Kojaks coming to an end in the next few days as well, as just been looking up the next few upcoming episodes, and they are the last few of the final series.
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    Just caught these shows by accident. Anyone know why both the title themes for Magnum and Kojak are different to the originals? Is it something to do with royalties?
  • radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Part way through season one, The Magum theme changed to theme written by Mike Post
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Part way through season one, The Magum theme changed to theme written by Mike Post

This is how they were aired in the US. The now famous theme was considered superior to the one the full series started with and viewer power ensured it got added to the same credits. ITV are simply showing it in the way it happened in real life in the US 30 years ago - though in the space of about a week/ten days instead of four months!

In these early episodes also watch out for the occasional voice of Robin Masters (the unseen owner of the house). He is played by someone very famous but uncredited.
    Orson Welles
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't remember that first Magnum theme when it first started, the one we all know now which it changed to is much better.
  • Rolling StoneRolling Stone Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    The Kojak theme only changed for Season 5 (the final season), which is what is currently showing.

Had you watched during Oct/Nov you would have recognised the more familiar titles.

I guess they may repeat it all again (they have shown every episode)when Season 5 finishes, which is very soon.........