iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
Forum Member
✭✭

Comments

• Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's like she is on medication and was slurring, hopefully she is OK.
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Jeez, the Susan Boyle conundrum is a difficult one for me from a moral POV. This is a woman who was on benefits before BGT and now she's a multi-millionaire but I still can't help thinking she's being exploited. But maybe she isn't? It genuinely makes my head hurt.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Incredible vocalist. But here she sounds very slurry and absolute no control of her voice whatsoever.
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez, she doesn't even know the lyrics a lot of the time. So awkward.

I've always disliked Susan, I find her incredibly overrated vocally and the impression I get from her in interviews and stuff is that she's a very arrogant woman, right from when she was wiggling her hips on the live shows of BGT shouting at piers, to her standoffish attitude in interviews, I just get the impression she is not a nice person at all, and is very cocky.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »

I've always disliked Susan, I find her incredibly overrated vocally and the impression I get from her in interviews and stuff is that she's a very arrogant woman, right from when she was wiggling her hips on the live shows of BGT shouting at piers, to her standoffish attitude in interviews, I just get the impression she is not a nice person at all, and is very cocky.

I don't think someone born with brain damage as a baby can be considered arrogant. Naïve is a much better desription
  • Options
    scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    I don't think someone born with brain damage as a baby can be considered arrogant. Naïve is a much better desription

So because she's brain damaged she's completely voided of having negative character traits? What an absolutely ludicrous thing to say. If she's well enough to be a "singing sensation" and release albums and whatever then she's well enough to be a bitch.
  • Options
    WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So because she's brain damaged she's completely voided of having negative character traits? What an absolutely ludicrous thing to say. If she's well enough to be a "singing sensation" and release albums and whatever then she's well enough to be a bitch.

What a ridiculous comment.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No of course not BUT you can't compare someone born with brain damage to someone who isn't to have the same reason behind their negative character traits.

You see her as arrogant and a bitch whereas I see her as extremely vulnerable and naïve.

My friend's daughter is down's syndrome and is extremely manipulative but you can't class her in the same context as an adult who is manipulative. She is an adult in age and body but has the mind of a child I think it is the same with Susan she hasn't got the same life skills as other adults
  • Options
    JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was so uncomfortable to watch. Loved her on BGT, loved her first album and there is no doubt I'd love her Christmas album too if I ever got round to it. What I'd love most of all is for her to just be happy, she didn't seem too happy.
    :(
  • Options
    Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was so uncomfortable to watch, she looks so uncorrectable and frightened. Someone in her team needs to dealt with for this as she should not have been allowed to go on in that condition.

In order to be fair I watched her daybreak performance of this song on youtube also and it was much better.
  • Options
    soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all been hype with her act. If you saw that performance in your local Am Dram you'd think it just about OK but as a world-wide superstar she doesn't cut it in the slightest. Through no fault of her own she has no charisma, no stage presence and is cringworthy to watch. A tribute to the power and influence of Simon Cowell within the industry..:cool:
  • Options
    newplanetnewplanet Posts: 398
    Forum Member

We're all well enough to be *perceived* to be anything by anyone. Let's not forget that all we're talking about here is YOUR opinion of her, so whether or not she's well enough to be a bitch is a moot point. Because your opinion of her character isn't necessarily the truth.
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched about half of it, she looked like a terrified rabbit caught in the headlights of a car
  • Options
    chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member

I agree with your comment/s. Never got the sympathy for her. Have always seen her as rude and cocky.
  • Options
    Forum Member

You are coming across as deeply unpleasant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dupe................
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    She didn't seem drunk in the interview. I just think she can't hit the notes anymore outside of the studio.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    She didn't seem drunk in the interview. I just think she can't hit the notes anymore outside of the studio.
    This was 2 weeks ago in Texas:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC7-wwGg6lM
    She sang 3 songs, twice, in front of 20,000 people.

This was 2 nights before that performance for Children in Need:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iZJ01TcyuY

She did 7 sold out concerts in Scotland, in July, and sang 24 songs each night,so that pretty much blows your theory.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    That was embarassing to watch, uncomfortable actually.
    She didnt look happy up there at all, was slurring terribly and she didnt even know the words most of the time. :(
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please, if I was performing on Wendy Williams show then I wouldn't make much effort either...that hideous Wendy makes Jeremy Kyle appear as the epitome of class.
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    i don't think that she was drunk. She has always been incredibly nervous in live performances and in interviews her autistic traits display what may be awkward or inappropriate social behaviours. I thought that the singing performance was affected by three things - she didn't know the words and couldn't read the auto cue … she couldn't fully hear the backing track ….. she was very close to the audience. Nerves were high at many points of not knowing the words and she sounded unsure, unclear and out of tune. She still has an amazing voice but this was a bad performance for the aforementioned reasons.
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    officially diagnosed as autistic (Aspergers)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a536702/susan-boyle-reveals-aspergers-diagnosis.html

Not sure why it took so long… such a shame that she was not diagnosed early on ….

best wishes to her :)
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's absolutely terrible it has taken all those decades for them to realize she is Asperger's. I always thought she either Asperger's or Autism and without sounding harsh, but it was so obviously clear with how she is in public situations, way back from her BGT days.
  • Options
    britney.jeanbritney.jean Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    aww love susan, and wendy williams is always hilarious !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Wendy performance was so awkward >.< bless subo..cant believe they let her perform in that state.