Options

Why all the hate and ridicule for Winston?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 184
Forum Member
Yep I get he may not be every ones cup of tea, but come on people he is always smiling and trying yes trying to make a joke at times be it vulgar or senseless, but at least he is not been like all the other house mates and making a complete bozo of them selfs. So just wondered what it is some of you people seem to not like about him..??

Comments

• Options
    scottishmagscottishmag Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris described him like an abandoned car, yes with the 2 front doors open
  • Options
    TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    No one hates Winston. It's nigh on impossible.

The ridicule is more than fair.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's sexist, boring and very shallow

he also can't defend himself or keep up an argument
  • Options
    Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    He is a big dope but not really nasty.
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's harmless. I think people want to accredit him with a lot more than he deserves due to the friends he keeps, but really he's just been rather pleasant so far. There's a reason no one in the house actively dislikes him, he's given them no cause. I like Winston, he's a good guy.
  • Options
    gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    because this is ds mate and on ds every male hm every year is hated because apprently they are too pretty to be on big brother and apperently only plain looking men can be entertaining:confused: lool. i like winston and i find him funny.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,117
    Forum Member
    Where is this ridicule of Winston? I can barely see a thread about him, apart from one about his age.

I do find him really one-dimensional and tedious, but I don't think I've mentioned him for quite a while until now. There's barely anything to talk about to be fair.
  • Options
    dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's male. That's all it takes around here
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    I find it baffling. He's a bit thick but harmless, he is unintentionally hilarious
  • Options
    Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    He reminds me of a young ray winstone, and every one loves him. If Minder was still running he would make a great extra on it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dtorre wrote: »
    He's male. That's all it takes around here

Chris is the forum favourite isn't he. So that makes zero sense.

I think popular male housemates are usually smart and witty so that could be a reason why Winston hasn't much appeal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fake and boring. The biggest game player in there with his dumb act. Also, he is apart of Helen's gang and that's enough for me to hate him. Oh and rude remarks about women.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luke S Syndrome. He's not really that bad, but tainted by the company he keeps.
  • Options
    Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    divergent wrote: »
    he's sexist, boring and very shallow

You summed him up perfectly. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris is the forum favourite isn't he. So that makes zero sense.

I think popular male housemates are usually smart and witty so that could be a reason why Winston hasn't much appeal.

Just because 'certain' males aren't being targeted doesn't mean other males aren't being disproportionately targeted because of their gender, mainly by female posters
  • Options
    gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fake and boring. The biggest game player in there with his dumb act. Also, he is apart of Helen's gang and that's enough for me to hate him. Oh and rude remarks about women.

hate is a strong word mate how can you hate someone you never met dislike yes but hate some of you on here are very over the top lol.
  • Options
    Lozzo99Lozzo99 Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely do not agree with people saying he isn't nasty.
    There is a massive mean streak in him - he is always laughing when someone is being insulted or ridiculed. For instance when Jale was being called a maggot he was practically peeing himself with glee.>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just because 'certain' males aren't being targeted doesn't mean other males aren't being disproportionately targeted because of their gender

So obviously there's actual qualities that separate these 'certain' males and other males.

To be honest, Winston is simple, dumb and hangs around with unlikeable housemates whose behaviour and attitude rubs off on him. A girl would be equally disliked under those circumstances.
  • Options
    SunnySunshineSunnySunshine Posts: 5,399
    Forum Member
    Yep I get he may not be every ones cup of tea, but come on people he is always smiling and trying yes trying to make a joke at times be it vulgar or senseless, but at least he is not been like all the other house mates and making a complete bozo of them selfs. So just wondered what it is some of you people seem to not like about him..??

Having a hissy fit because you're up for eviction is always pisstake-worthy in my opinion.

He's truly dreadful in Eastenders too. Scenery chewing godawful.

His answers on his profile always sound as if they were writen by a 13 year old."I wanna do a freesome wiv two models and then watch a film and have sweets!"

Winston tells stories about punching sharks and vomiting on female genitalia - are we not s'posed to mock this kind of idiotic bollocks any more?

This making a complete bozo of themselves that you mention? Winston's doing it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So obviously there's actual qualities that separate these 'certain' males and other males.

To be honest, Winston is simple, dumb and hangs around with unlikeable housemates whose behaviour and attitude rubs off on him. A girl would be equally disliked under those circumstances.

Kimberly hangs around with the same group that Winston does but I've not seen her getting the same amount of bile from certain female posters here that Winston has received. Winston has actually contributed more to the show so far than Kimberly has and yet he is constantly described as a 'dullard' and 'boring' but she isn't. It's pretty obvious what's going on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    Winston is funny and full of the joy of life, housemates like that don't seem to go down well here.
  • Options
    TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    Kimberly hangs around with the same group that Winston does but I've not seen her getting the same amount of bile from certain female posters here that Winston has received. Winston has actually contributed more to the show so far than Kimberly has and yet he is constantly described as a 'dullard' and 'boring' but she isn't. It's pretty obvious what's going on

You only get angry if you care. Even the most crashing bore can be endearing.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'm still failing to see where this OTT Winston hate is.

Look at all the negative Kimberly threads though.
  • Options
    wigwag46wigwag46 Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    He's a complete neanderthal. Total twit and not a very nice twit at that!
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't get too excited about someone so gormless. Can't tell if all or just part of it is false yet.