Options

Bad Hair Cut

mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,318
Forum Member
I took my daughter(9) for a trim down where I usually have my hair done, so for the last 2+ yrs, pretty regular customer, cut and colour.
Well the owner of the shop cut my daughters hair, and to be completely honest, my daughter looks like a boy child from the 1950's.
I have got to the stage that I am fed up of paying hairdressers top money for a poor job. Where the hell do you go to complain? Anything else in life you purchase you could return, refund but with hairdressers it is always so difficult to critisise, and you often end up paying the price and moving on.
Even last time I had my colour done here, they messed up and I had a distinctive stripe of orange down my regrowth parting. Much to my horror of her suggestions like ' I cross parting' to hide the problem:eek::eek: No she then redyed the roots, ONLY as I nearly cried.
Anyway my argument is that this woman has butchered my daughter's hair. She made a big mistake cutting the fringe and continued the very short fringe round to the side of her head, so tried to cover the job by layers on a 9n year old, with fine hair.
I contacted the hairdresser by phone the next day to say I was unhappy, her responce, well your daughter was a fidget etc I cut the fringe and it was touching her eyebrows (2 inches above maybe). The bulshit was unbelievable.
All I want to know is if you are ever unhappy with a haircut where do you go to complain?
Thankyou:)

Comments

• Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless the hairdresser is a franchise (like Toni & Guy), I don't think they have a governing body to complain to. The only thing you can do, and should have done, is to refuse to pay for a bad cut. It's too late now because for all anyone knows (and I know you didn't), you could have tried to sort it out yourself and messed up. You'll have to put this one down to experience and change hairdressers. If your daughter's hair isn't too short, find another hairdresser (with recommendation) who can at least make it look better until it grows out a bit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    Just demand your money back from the salon. I am a Hairdresser and if anyone (not that I have had any) complained I would first try to sort it and if it was beyond sorting then issue a refund or partial refund depending on the problem and providing they contact me within approx a week as I believe if someone isn't happy they would get back to them within a day or 2.

How long ago is it since it was done?
  • Options
    mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,318
    Forum Member
    VanillaK wrote: »
    Just demand your money back from the salon. I am a Hairdresser and if anyone (not that I have had any) complained I would first try to sort it and if it was beyond sorting then issue a refund or partial refund depending on the problem and providing they contact me within approx a week as I believe if someone isn't happy they would get back to them within a day or 2.

How long ago is it since it was done?

Hi Thanks for your advice. The cut was done last Friday and I complained following day, Saturday morning.
    I'm not a bitch and only complained over phone to save her embarresment og going into the shop.
    I said I would stop the cheque payment and she hung up on me. Her attitude was smarmy, with as the above poster said 'prove it'.
    Guess I will just put it down to experience and move on.
  • Options
    Mrs DoodlesMrs Doodles Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mistygal wrote: »
    I took my daughter(9) for a trim down where I usually have my hair done, so for the last 2+ yrs, pretty regular customer, cut and colour.
    Well the owner of the shop cut my daughters hair, and to be completely honest, my daughter looks like a boy child from the 1950's.
    I have got to the stage that I am fed up of paying hairdressers top money for a poor job. Where the hell do you go to complain? Anything else in life you purchase you could return, refund but with hairdressers it is always so difficult to critisise, and you often end up paying the price and moving on.
    Even last time I had my colour done here, they messed up and I had a distinctive stripe of orange down my regrowth parting. Much to my horror of her suggestions like ' I cross parting' to hide the problem:eek::eek: No she then redyed the roots, ONLY as I nearly cried.
    Anyway my argument is that this woman has butchered my daughter's hair. She made a big mistake cutting the fringe and continued the very short fringe round to the side of her head, so tried to cover the job by layers on a 9n year old, with fine hair.
    I contacted the hairdresser by phone the next day to say I was unhappy, her responce, well your daughter was a fidget etc I cut the fringe and it was touching her eyebrows (2 inches above maybe). The bulshit was unbelievable.
    All I want to know is if you are ever unhappy with a haircut where do you go to complain?
    Thankyou:)

I really do know where your coming from here.
    as i am growing my hair so when i go the hairdressers i only want the ends cut up but my hairdresser knowing this gave it a GOOD thinning out and cut about 4-5 inches off!
    needless to say i wasn't happy and havent been back since
    i have since used another hairdressers and i told her i was growing it and only wanted the ends cutting off which is i am glad to say all she did
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you need to find a new hairdresser. If you are so unhappy with your own treatment at her hands then why go back with your daughter?