The Apprentice: The Final - BBC1 9pm

1464748495052»

Comments

• Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ibeca wrote: »
    I'm happy Tom won (though Leon or Melody would have been my choices halfway through the series and thought Tom should have been out the week that all three of them were in the Boardroom) but though I didn't like Jim at all, I ended up feeling sorry for him. It couldn't have been made more obvious that he had been kept in for the sake of television.

I coulodn't believe that I actually began to feel sorry for Jim last night :eek::eek: and he looked awful on the second half of the show, so thin.
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    I'm quite happy Tom won although I'd have preferred Helen.

I think the tasks and the business plans were all just a way to determine the most suitable person for a partnership. It was never guaranteed that winning the tasks would be enough on its own or that the business plan proffered would be used but I'm sure they all provided useful information to LS about each candidate's suitability.

I don't feel cheated by the result. In fact, I think Tom's losses were almost invariably down to others not listening to him whether he was the project manager or not.

I have been quite bemused by all the talk about how bitchy Helen is. I've never had that impression at all, from her. I don't know why some people think she didn't congratulate Tom. I distinctly heard her congratulate Tom as soon as he won.

Regards

Julian
  • Options
    ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,048
    Forum Member
    hendero wrote: »
    An entertaining series but in terms of choosing a deserved winner of a competition, a complete waste of time. Tom lost eight of 11 challenges, he had very few impressive moments during the series, and Lord Sugar thought his final business idea was stupid. Helen wins 10 of 11, and although her final idea was also lame in the extreme, she seemed a far more deserving winner.

Don't the producers screen the final business plans, and if they're useless (which was true of both the final two), tell the candidates to pick something else? If not, they should.

If the show was in the old format Helen would've walked it. She's the ideal employee. However in this style of show, Tom was the better person to win because LS was looking for someone with ideas and who had experience of running a business. Someone to partner him. He had more steel in him than people gave him credit for by pushing his invention forward so Wal-mart took it on. And the times he made comments and had reservations about some of the things his PM's/team members wanted to do in the tasks, but nobody listened to him. Maybe being too polite was the reason he didn't get his point across all the time. His observations were invaluable and if he'd been listened to more maybe the teams he was in wouldn't have lost so many tasks. Some people have said he always said things with hindsight when he was in the boardroom, he didn't. He simply mentioned the again the things he'd had concerns with.

I'm fed up with people on here slagging Tom off. He deserved to win. He didn't lose the tasks on his own, there were other members in the teams when he lost. Just as Helen didn't single-handedly win all those tasks. I think he's learned from being in the show that he's got to push his ideas more, but he won't be working with people who're just fighting to win the Apprentice and who feel they have to shout and be obnoxious and stab you in the back to get heard. He's a genuine, clever, nice guy who's turned a negative thing like dyslexia into a positive. I hope he's a success, good luck to him!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    Tom winning is a suprise. He was in the boardroom on countless occasions througout the series and in the only time he was project manager, his team still lost. The ideas were rubbish as well, some stupid curved nail file which only got compliments because he managed to deliver it to a Walmart buyer. The flogging office chairs was funny when he missed out the "chair" bit in his business plan. LS went for him because he was an inventor and seller like him. Jim was just all charm and cliches, nothing else.

Susan really should have won. She has by far the best business and makes £1,000 a weekend selling her own cosmetics at Greenwich market and has managed to convince every Boots store in the country to give her business a million-pound profit by the end of the first year. It was a shame that she did not understand marketing and even got into the trap of acknowledging this when LS asked her in the boardroom. Her naivety and immaturity cost her as well, she was hard to like.

Helen was unlucky also as she was only in the losing team once and was by far the most consistent candidate. It is a shame that her boring dental appointments business idea let her down and lack of personality. This has been an interesting Apprentice series but it lacked the character of previous series which included The Brand and Katie Hopkins.
  • Options
    RandomArbiterRandomArbiter Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    craig_1983 wrote: »
    Bye Bye

Wei Ling

Bye Bye......

"LS" you will see Susan in the future - yeah probably in court after being done for tax evasion and corporate manslaughter from forgetting to test her cream with anyone else but a backstreet chemist for arsenic.

Oh dear. What's with the sour grapes and casual racism... were you mistreated by a Susan type in the past?

Anyway, I thought Helen's last second plea was hilarious.. .Tom's rebuke was rubbish though, should have been "Well Sir Alan, I have a new plan also... it involves building a spaceship to go to the moon"... Helen would have been miffed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    What we going to watch now