Remember Me

filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Remember Me ..the new Michael Palin Ghost Story on BBC 1 looks good and a great cast aswell ! Looking forward to seeing it this weekend I Wondered why the BBC havnt done (i may be wrong ) a Ghost story for this Christmas and this new 3 part drama may be the reason !

Comments

• BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,547
    Forum Member
    This does look interesting going by the trailer.
  • Chas1989Chas1989 Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Anything with Michael Palin in it is worth a watch. Trailer looks interesting so will be watching this.
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member
    It is a great shame Mr. Palin didn't veer more towards acting rather than travel documentaries. Ive always found him a natural character actor.

Looking forward to Remember Me.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    He was interviewed by Ross the other day and he said this was his first proper dramatic part.
    He's waited a long time to choose the right part for him to start off with.
  • mustard99mustard99 Posts: 2,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this too. Love a good ghost story. Here's hoping this is a good one.

Should be with Mr Palin in it. I used to live near him and we often crossed paths in the newsagents. Nice man.
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Palin said he always wanted to do a Ghost Story part and when actors want to do the part so much they usually play it so well !
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    mustard99 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to this too. Love a good ghost story. Here's hoping this is a good one.

Should be with Mr Palin in it. I used to live near him and we often crossed paths in the newsagents. Nice man.

My TV mag did an interview with him when he was on location filming this.

'This is unprecedented. It's a February night in Scarborough, where the BBC is shooting Remember Me. We're lingering in a seafront hotel that's also the show's production base, and here's Michael Palin.

We're scheduled to sit down with him tomorrow morning, but tonight... ? Tonight he wants to know if we fancy a drink, because he's going to the bar. We do, he does,and then he sits down for an off-the-clock chat - about travel, The Beatles, Scandi drama (he loves it) ...

It has to be restated: this is unprecedented. Famous people do not do this. But then - and he won't thank us for restating this cliche - Michael Palin is not just famous. He's famously nice.

When we catch up with him the following say, he shrugs it off. "You'd just arrived, we're all staying in the same hotel, it was nice to have a chat"

:)

I'm looking forward to this as well. Sounds like something the Beeb would put on at Christmas. Wonder why they didn't keep it til then.
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    I'm going to record this and watch it over Xmas. It looks promising.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    This looks very promising, looking forward to it
  • filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its got a great cast Mark Addy , Mina Adwa (Thin Blue Line ), Sheila Hancock , Julia Swarlia and of course Michael Palin . !
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am looking forward to it, because i can't look backward to it
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Looks interesting, can't wait!
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    filmfan7 wrote: »
    Its got a great cast Mark Addy , Mina Adwa (Thin Blue Line ), Sheila Hancock , Julia Swarlia and of course Michael Palin . !

i.e. the same old faces that always crop up.

I must in the minority as I thought the trailer for this looked pretty poor. Michael Palin...jeez. Palin may be the nicest man in the Universe, but I'm not convinced that at this stage in his life he's known as anything other than 'Michael Palin'. It has more than a whiff of stunt casting about it.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to record this and watch it over Xmas. It looks promising.

That's a good idea, it would be perfect christmas viewing
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    He was interviewed by Ross the other day and he said this was his first proper dramatic part.
    He's waited a long time to choose the right part for him to start off with.

Considering how great he, and Robert Lindsay, were in GBH I think he's being overly modest there. He was always the best actor of the Pythons, I think.

Definately be giving this a go. Got a lot of time for him as a performer and a man.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone going to watch this and watch it again at Christmas?
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    That would depend on if you liked it or not. Why would you watch it again at christmas if you didn't enjoy it the first time?
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Depending on how it turns out, probably.

I am too impatient to wait until Christmas to watch it, but I do love a good ghost story at Christmas, so if nothing else is being broadcast, I might watch this again.

I have to say, whatever that was rising up on the beach in the trailer was giving me goose bumps.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,547
    Forum Member
    i am looking forward to it, because i can't look backward to it

If you sit with your back to the tv and turn your head towards the tv you can :p
  • P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll be watching this too due to the good cast. Good to see Jodie Comer get a big role along with Michael Palin and Mark Addy, she was great in the last series of "My Mad Fat Diary".
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have reservations about watching this as Michael Palin looks a bit hammy in the trailer. Hope it's a decent story at least and better than that Christmas ghost drama with Vanessa Redgrave which was disappointing.
  • nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm creeped out already and it has barely even started yet. :eek: :D
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did he say he was 80 odd? He looks a bit young for playing an 80 odd year old. A lot of the cast from Trollied in this.
  • nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where was this filmed, does anyone know?