sky+ install question

Gaz.BazGaz.Baz Posts: 1,878
Forum Member
✭✭✭
hi was wondering if you guys could help answer a question

ok i recently moved home and took my sky+ and telephone line with me,my mum has moved into my old home and she wants sky+ in

the problem was she didnt want to have a phone line so i went and bought a second hand sky+ box on ebay and plugged it in for her,all is well but she wants to get the entertainment channels on as well as the record/pause function

however i wasnt thinking when i bought the box and am not sure that if i phone sky up they will welcome a new customer with their own box

is this possible?

many thanks

Comments

• Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,324
    Forum Member
    Gaz.Baz wrote: »
    hi was wondering if you guys could help answer a question

ok i recently moved home and took my sky+ and telephone line with me,my mum has moved into my old home and she wants sky+ in

the problem was she didnt want to have a phone line so i went and bought a second hand sky+ box on ebay and plugged it in for her,all is well but she wants to get the entertainment channels on as well as the record/pause function

however i wasnt thinking when i bought the box and am not sure that if i phone sky up they will welcome a new customer with their own box

is this possible?

Yes, they will happily welcome a new customer with their own box, all you need is a 'second hand box contract' - it means Sky just post you a card, and it doesn't cost them a box, a dish, or sending an installer out.
  • Willie WontieWillie Wontie Posts: 2,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your mother wants what is called a "second hand" contract. That means that Sky send her the card with whatever subscriptions she wants on it - but don't sell or install any hardware.
  • Gaz.BazGaz.Baz Posts: 1,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brilliant many thanks for that

will get on the blower now to sky