Options

Is Alexandra Burke ignoring advice?

rattierattie Posts: 7,050
Forum Member
Time and again Alex Burke makes stage and public appearances dressed in outfits which are unflattering - so much so the Daily Mail eagerly leaps on each one :rolleyes:

For example:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2147445/Fashion-fail-Alexandra-Burke-doesnt-care-attempts-dress-sexy-leave-looking-frumpy-stage-Glasgow.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2167243/Alexandra-Burke-takes-stage-T4-On-The-Beach-red-white-checked-ensemble.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

The thing is it isn't just the Daily Mail

http://pappzd.com/2012/05/alexandra-burke-rocks-racy-grandma-dress/

She is curvy and pear shaped and wears what any stylist would surely know is not going to be something which is going to suit her shape. So why does she keep doing it?

Is she not aware of the negative press and the image she is being so critisised for, even by her fans? Or is she refusing to listen? All celebs read their own press after all.

She can look great with her hair framing her face and clothes which accentuate her top half and not her bottom like here:

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2010/08/hot-shot-alexandra-burke-celebrates-birthday/

It can't be helping her image amongst the market she is aimed at to keep making these fashion mistakes and yet on the face of it she seems to be ignoring the situation. I was watching T4OTB and saw her yet again wearing tight,highwaisted trousers and a little crop type top which was exactly the style which lead to her being singled out just days ago.

On the face of it, it makes me think she is refusing to listen to advice or is that unfair?

Comments

• Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Who cares?

She is young and is experimenting with fashion. I think she has a really gorgeous healthy/fit body too.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's not a catwalk model, she's a singer, and while she definitely needs a new stylist, I'm not sure where the blame actually lies here....she dresses fine by herself when going out to parties etc....but when it comes to performance outfits, I'm not sure she really dictates what she wears....same for Leona...she always wears these weird circus pants and ringleader jackets, but she never dresses so bizarrely on her own, she always looks nice......and seeing as though they are both on the same management group, I'm not sure they get much choice when it comes to performance outfits...

For me the T4OTB outfit wasn't so bad....she wore something much much worse in 2010, and it didn't take away from the performance....the sexy/slutty style doesn't really work for her though....she should stick to short dresses/tops etc, rather than some of the things she has worn...

It's annoying because either she isn't listening or her styling team just isn't taking the advice on board. Fans have tweeted her stylist over and over, but who knows whether they are listening...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    weird thread. I judge people on their songs. And I like most of alex's songs
  • Options
    MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Base it on music not clothing weird tbh i love all her music she never lets me down on that front
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    i don't like the picnic blanket
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Why should the style of her clothes bother you OP....are you her mother???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    Image is very important in show biz, whether people like it or not.
    I agree with the OP, her outfits don't do her any favors.
    We don't whether she receives good advice or any.
  • Options
    rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    E05297535 wrote: »
    Why should the style of her clothes bother you OP....are you her mother???

If I was I'd tell her myself :)

Her appreciation thread is full of concern about her image and very derogatory comments! As Chi points out, in her world image counts for a lot, it just seems daft to me to apparently ignore feedback. Emphasis on the apparently.

On the face of it, it seems voicing an opinion on her image is acceptable on this forum only as long as you are a fan. Why?
  • Options
    ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    Chem wrote: »
    weird thread. I judge people on their songs. And I like most of alex's songs

I like Alex and her voice, as for her clothes: the old proverb says it all 'clothes don't maketh the man (woman)'