Death in Paradise - Series 2

Comments

• ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,363
    Forum Member
    jcafcw wrote: »
    Are we absolutely sure that Richard fancies Camille?

He has shown no outward sign of interest towards her.

But don't forget the episodes are the wrong way around, I think the last one was supposed to be the 1st of the new series so the one shown then with the blind date at the end and his looking back and Camille looking disappointed, should have been last Tuesdays.
  • GloriaSnockersGloriaSnockers Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't see the first series, but I've read up on it and more or less know what's going on. Mostly I find that it's just enjoyably silly, but having had three people in my life affected by cancer since the middle of last year, I'll admit to being annoyed by the one with the nun in it who was supposed to be suffering from the disease. I don't think there's much chance she could've hidden the fact from the others in the convent that she'd been going through chemo cycles because it had returned - she would have been too ill from the treatment to hide it. As for his deduction that she had a bald head under her nun-gear when she was still sporting a pair of very visibly healthy eyebrows, well...

On the whole, though, it's a bit of escapist daftness. I like the bit where he insists on gathering everbody together for an Agatha Christie-style reveal at the end. That must be just how they do it in London :)
  • Dawn SunDawn Sun Posts: 1,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But don't forget the episodes are the wrong way around, I think the last one was supposed to be the 1st of the new series so the one shown then with the blind date at the end and his looking back and Camille looking disappointed, should have been last Tuesdays.

Why would they be changed?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    Dawn Sun wrote: »

I don't know , but it was very obvious that the latest episode should have been shown first . I can only think that there might have been a similar murder in real life at the same time.
    Forum Member
    Dawn Sun wrote: »

Not sure, but below is a post saying what happened, so I'm going by them::D
    cylon6 wrote: »
    I enjoyed last night's episode. You can see that it was really episode 1 of this new series. Richard moaning about the heat and getting off the island, the first glimpse of Richard having a slight interest in Camille, Fidel being put forward for the Sergeant exams.

Robert Thorogood said they changed the order around and moved the first episode to episode 4 and it showed.[/QUOTE
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I don't think in Camille's case it's all that repressed. :D
    LOL :D I totally agree
    Forum Member
    Bumped up from page 7 ready for tomorrow.:D
  • sussex_seagirlsussex_seagirl Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to it. :D

I would really like to know why they decided to change the order around. I have massively enjoyed all of the episodes so far as individual stories, but last week's definitely felt like it should have been the first episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reminder for all about tonight's episode...

Death in Paradise
    Season 2 Episode 5 of 8
    Camille's best friend, a singer on a Caribbean party boat, collapses on stage during a night of music and cocktails. After she dies in the policewoman's arms, the officers question the vessel's staff and on-board tourists in an effort to get to the bottom of her mysterious demise. Photographs taken on the evening offer a fuller picture of what took place, but could the answer lie in the vocalist's pre-show routine? Meanwhile, DI Poole comforts a grieving Camille, but it soon becomes clear that sensitivity is not his strong suit. Ben Miller and Sara Martins star, with guest appearances from singer Jamelia, Dexter Fletcher (Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels) and Amanda Mealing (ex-Holby City)
    Read more at http://www.tvguide.co.uk/detail.asp?id=147571425#DEG58pDw2oI4A800.99
    Forum Member
    Bump!
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,734
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know the name of the song they were playing at the start of the episode? I first heard it at the end of Beetlejuice and I've always liked it.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good evening.

I'm afraid I don't know what the track is called, although I recognise it too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "And you have very soft hands chief" - LOL!
    :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    wuffles wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name of the song they were playing at the start of the episode? I first heard it at the end of Beetlejuice and I've always liked it.]

It's shake sanora by Harry belafonte. I like it but not as much as Sara martins in those jeans. Last weeks hot pants topped it though :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ooh I think I know who and why.
    Forum Member
    Mikey_C wrote: »
    ooh I think I know who and why.

Dexter fletcher is my guess.
    Forum Member
    skooldaze wrote: »
    wuffles wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name of the song they were playing at the start of the episode? I first heard it at the end of Beetlejuice and I've always liked it.]

It's shake sanora by Harry belafonte. I like it but not as much as Sara martins in those jeans. Last weeks hot pants topped it though :p

Ta!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love "Ring the Alarm" :)
    Forum Member
    skooldaze wrote: »
    Dexter fletcher is my guess.

Looks like you were right!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay I got it wrong! lol!

But that was utterly totally brilliant!!! :D:D

Great episode...
    Forum Member
    :)

I thought it must be a switches glass and the shot was supplied by him. When he came in for his knifes. I thought that throwaway bit must have been for something
  • Dawn SunDawn Sun Posts: 1,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another cracking episode! Thank god it's back on form! I was lost up until the reveal. Very clever!!! :D
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard really can't do sensitive can he?
    Forum Member
    jcafcw wrote: »
    Richard really can't do sensitive can he?

I thought the flowers at the end were a nice touch (both the beach scenes were sweet:)).

Glad it's back on form, even got my Hubby enjoying it (he spent the last series in his shed:D).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoyed that again.

I want to go to Guadeloupe - it looks so beautiful.