French Game: Kill as many gay people as possible

ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This game had previously been banned by facebook but is now available in the Google play store:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/11/24/google-play-sells-game-in-which-users-have-to-kill-as-many-gays-as-possible/

There were calls for this game to be banned in France, and yet Google are currently allowing it to be downloaded.

I realise I'm bringing attention to the game, but, it is crazy to me that this was even developed, and for me it's the sort of thing that is almost dangerous...

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scary thing is, there will be people who will call for this to remain on Google Play under some twisted version of "freedom of expression" or "opinion".

Of course it needs to be pulled and pulled ASAP. Yes it's "only a game" but you can bet your bottom dollar that if a similar game existed about any religious organisation that it wouldn't last a day.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Yes it's "only a game" but you can bet your bottom dollar that if a similar game existed about any religious organisation that it wouldn't last a day.

Unless it was someone else's religion then that's fine and they should get over it if it was their own then it's needs banning as it's vile sick and twisted.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two posts into a thread that has nothing to do with religion and already we're talking about religion!

Only on DS! :D
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    This game had previously been banned by facebook but is now available in the Google play store:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/11/24/google-play-sells-game-in-which-users-have-to-kill-as-many-gays-as-possible/

There were calls for this game to be banned in France, and yet Google are currently allowing it to be downloaded.

I realise I'm bringing attention to the game, but, it is crazy to me that this was even developed, and for me it's the sort of thing that is almost dangerous...

Bloody hell! That's horrendous. Not only should the game be pulled immediately, surely there's an argument that the makers should be prosecuted.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Two posts into a thread that has nothing to do with religion and already we're talking about religion!

Only on DS! :D
    TBF it goes without saying the game should be banned but then a lot of people would disagree and call it the nanny state and PC Brigade (How many posts before those terms are used in favour of the game) and I should be able to play what I want to play
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seems its already been (or will be pulled) by google so its a bit of a no story

just change it to nonces and everyone would be raving about how its the best game in the world
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TBF it goes without saying the game should be banned but then a lot of people would disagree and call it the nanny state and PC Brigade (How many posts before those terms are used in favour of the game) and I should be able to play what I want to play

Still nothing to do with religion though.
  • jackthomjackthom Posts: 6,627
    Forum Member
    It's hardly something Google would want to be associated with so I'm not surprised if it already has, or will soon disappear.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see there's one commenter in the link (so far) who can't help but be completely childish and immature.

Edit: The game developer must obviously be very homophobic.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still nothing to do with religion though.

No it isn't but I think it's actually a valid comparison in this case. I know the anti-religion crowd do generally tie themselves in knots trying to create the usual anti religion/Islam nonsense out of nothing, but I do think it's valid here. obviously IMVHO :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it weird nobody has told us the title, so searching is annoying. Trying to find so i can flag as inappropriate.

BUT IV'E GOT NO IDEA WHAT TO LOOK FOR.
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    "The game requires users to shoot at gay men in order to avoid being sexually attacked."

How absolutely bizarre.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's only a game. It is no more likely to make a person go on a killing spree than Grand Theft Auto or Call Of Duty.

We have become far too precious about the content of video games.
  • dip_transferdip_transfer Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i've put all sorts of word combinations in the search engine and i can't find it, it's either well hidden or gone .
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makes a change from killing zombies to avoid having your brains eaten.
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only a game. It is no more likely to make a person go on a killing spree than Grand Theft Auto or Call Of Duty.

We have become far too precious about the content of video games.

No, we have become too mush-brained by video games to realise what we are doing.

When I say "we", I really mean gamers, as I am not one.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member

Indeed. Not sure why people are getting themselves all upset about this. You're not supposed to take prostitutes out into the middle of nowhere before stabbing them to death and burning their corpses, but I do on GTA 5, because it's childishly funny.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    No, we have become too mush-brained by video games to realise what we are doing.

That's nonsense. A healthy mind is not going to be brainwashed by video games. Someone who is not predisposed to violence will not become violent just because they play violent games.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »

I'm a gamer and I can tell what reality is thank you very much. I have played the likes of GTA and Resident Evil and never paid for a hooker, stolen a car, taken drugs, killed a zombie or found stashes of bullets lying around.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Bizarre and distasteful.
  • ste1969ste1969 Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nanscombe wrote: »
    Makes a change from killing zombies to avoid having your brains eaten.

if they get to you before you kill them do you end up with a sore arse:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    It is weird, but then again we've been killing straight people for years in video games. Might be about time us gays got a bit of a killing in games too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ste1969 wrote: »
    if they get to you before you kill them do you end up with a sore arse:o

I wouldn't. I have an arse like a wizard's sleeve :D:p
  • roger_purvisroger_purvis Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Electra wrote: »
    Bloody hell! That's horrendous. Not only should the game be pulled immediately, surely there's an argument that the makers should be prosecuted.

What for? :confused: