Options

The Emmerdale Discussion Thread (Spoilers in tags — Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jacob is being a right little git.
    When does his Mum come back?

End of the year/start of next year
  • Options
    dobby's bludgerdobby's bludger Posts: 1,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jacob and gabby can form a bratty children club
  • Options
    Jewels501Jewels501 Posts: 26,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i just caught up with Emmerdale up to yesterday's episode. i was really surprised Paddy was ignorant of the Hague Convention and the full implications of Rhona breaking the travel ban in the Court Order.

I recall Rhona seemingly doing some "research" on their legal position. Did they really think Marlon would let it lie and leave them to it?:confused:

Seems ridiculous that they even considered running away like they did.
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,387
    Forum Member
    Jewels501 wrote: »
    i just caught up with Emmerdale up to yesterday's episode. i was really surprised Paddy was ignorant of the Hague Convention and the full implications of Rhona breaking the travel ban in the Court Order.

I recall Rhona seemingly doing some "research" on their legal position. Did they really think Marlon would let it lie and leave them to it?:confused:

Seems ridiculous that they even considered running away like they did.

Let's se if they still think they are doing the right thing when
    Paddy discovers he could be struck off

I'm firmly team marlon on this one I have to say
  • Options
    Jewels501Jewels501 Posts: 26,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's se if they still think they are doing the right thing when
    Paddy discovers he could be struck off

I'm firmly team marlon on this one I have to say

I'm just surprised they even considered going ahead when even the tiniest amount of research would have told them how much trouble they would be in. It's not as if they were running away from an oppressive regime or a bad father...just seems so out of character.

I don't like Maurel but I'm completely behind Marlon in this as well even if his "hang-dog" face will probably be the death of me...:D
  • Options
    YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Rik Makarem was on tv this morning talking about the live episode he said...

Two births , Two weddings and one death

The Births are obvious- who will the two weddings be ?
    Chas and Dan I presume are one couple- who else?

and I have seen lots of suggestions about who the deaths may be
    Carl and Cameron seem to be the main suggestions- i hope it is horrible Robbie or awful Kerry
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yera wrote: »
    Rik Makarem was on tv this morning talking about the live episode he said...

Two births , Two weddings and one death

The Births are obvious- who will the two weddings be ?
    Chas and Dan I presume are one couple- who else?

and I have seen lots of suggestions about who the deaths may be
    Carl and Cameron seem to be the main suggestions- i hope it is horrible Robbie or awful Kerry

Declan and Katie!
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Didn't someone post a link somewhere to a soap mag cover with pics of four characters in wedding clothes as a promo for the anniversary week?

The female characters in wedding dresses and veils in the pic were
    Chas and Katie

I'm sure I saw the pic somewhere. :confused:

However, I think that one of those weddings will not go ahead.
    Surely when everything is found out about what one of the 'betrothed' characters has been involved with the wedding will be called off?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Didn't someone post a link somewhere to a soap mag cover with pics of four characters in wedding clothes as a promo for the anniversary week?

Chas and Katie

Surely when everything is found out about what one of the 'betrothed' characters has been involved with the wedding will be called off?

Isit bad that I really want chas to say "Cameron" at the alter instead of "Dan" ??

I know Friends did it wirth Ross, but what a way for the affair to be revealed!
  • Options
    pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Chas and Katie

The picture used in this article?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The picture used in this article?

That's the one!
    Thanks!

Thought I was imagining things for a minute!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isit bad that I really want chas to say "Cameron" at the alter instead of "Dan" ??

I know Friends did it wirth Ross, but what a way for the affair to be revealed!
    maybe the name carl will slip out instead:eek:
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ashley
    has a new job on the farm

Doing what, crow scaring?:p

Seriously, what are they doing to Ashley, why don't they leave the poor bloke alone. Hasn't he suffered enough living with the shrew and his father all these years.:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doing what, crow scaring?:p

Seriously, what are they doing to Ashley, why don't they leave the poor bloke alone. Hasn't he suffered enough living with the shrew and his father all these years.:mad:
    it could be worse at least he didn't have to live with sherlock holmes:eek::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    seriously, Rhona is the most selfish self-centered character EVER.

Trying to convince Paddy to dodge his comunity service and go on the run - resuting in a warrant for his arrest and him never being allowed to step on english soil without being arrested??

Sounds terribly Aaron Livesy and its all because she wants to keep Marlon out of Leo';s life.

Hope the rumours about her leaving are true. There's no way she can come back from this.!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't care about Gennie and Nikhil's baby.
    I've gone right off her and he's starting to get on my nerves.
    I don't care about Rachel and Jai's baby, either.
    Far too many pregnancies in this show at one time.
    FAR too many.
    Kids ruin everything.
    I don't care about Amy or her Mum. I do think both are doing a good job acting-wise but I just don't care about them.

I like Dan now he's been 'fleshed out a bit' and I don't want him to marry Chas.
    I don't like Cameron or Debbie. Can't they just shove off back to Jersey or something?

I don't like Robbie or Katie. I don't want Declan to marry Katie.
    I do like Declan and I could like Megan if they made her a bit more likeable - but on the whole, I'm bored with all of their scenes.

Come ON Emmerdale.
    You are getting increasingly harder to watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Live episode looms ever closer.

The wet weather threatens to throw all the plans into turmoil.
    What if it's rained off?
    And all the hard work goes to waste?

I still don't think a live episode is worth all the pressure.

The cast and crew must be nervous wrecks.

I wish them all the very best of luck.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Live episode looms ever closer.

The wet weather threatens to throw all the plans into turmoil.
    What if it's rained off?
    And all the hard work goes to waste?

I still don't think a live episode is worth all the pressure.

The cast and crew must be nervous wrecks.

I wish them all the very best of luck.

Stuart has said if it rains, it rains and they'll take extra precautions if it does...with them being miles from studio sets they don't really have a choice lol.

Imagine Gennie giving birth in the rain though, Kid'll be a big drip....Like father like Son/daughter though I guess....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stuart has said if it rains, it rains and they'll take extra precautions if it does...with them being miles from studio sets they don't really have a choice lol.

Imagine Gennie giving birth in the rain though, Kid'll be a big drip....Like father like Son/daughter though I guess....

Well they do have a choice.............

DON'T DO A LIVE EP.

Imagine the people whose job it is to stand there with a microphone on a pole over the heads of the actors.
    If there's a scene outside and it's chucking it down, at least the actor can move about. The mic pole holder has to just stand there getting wet and endure very sore arms.

I'm sure there's a technical name for that job - but it must suck in bad weather.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm worried how the Festival will fare if the weather doesn't improve.

God forbid Roy Stride should electrocute himself with his organ in the rain!!:eek::eek:

I love Scouting for Girls. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

God forbid Roy Stride should electrocute himself with his organ in the rain!!:eek::eek:

Haven't they already filmed those bits?
    Mind you, it was probably chucking it down with rain back then anyway so it will all match up.

Wonder if there are two lots of for filming schedules/camera position charts? One for scenes outside and a second for filming them indoors in case it rains?

So that would mean two lots of rehearsals.

Like I say, is it worth it?????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well they do have a choice.............

DON'T DO A LIVE EP.

Imagine the people whose job it is to stand there with a microphone on a pole over the heads of the actors.
    If there's a scene outside and it's chucking it down, at least the actor can move about. The mic pole holder has to just stand there getting wet and endure very sore arms.

I'm sure there's a technical name for that job - but it must suck in bad weather.

it'd be no different to doing a day of filming for a normal episode...These guys have filmed scenes in snow and god knows what so I think they could handle a little bit of rain. They'd be well wrapped up im sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

I think the festival eps air a week before the anniversary eps. the only source I have seen that in however is soaplife so it'll probably be wrong
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't they already filmed those bits?
    Mind you, it was probably chucking it down with rain back then anyway so it will all match up.

Wonder if there are two lots of for filming schedules/camera position charts? One for scenes outside and a second for filming them indoors in case it rains?

So that would mean two lots of rehearsals.

Like I say, is it worth it?????

Oh yes, never thought of that. Too busy thinking of Roy Stride's organ. :o

Anyway, it's too late to ditch the live ep now, after all the advertising they've done, so fingers crossed for them. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    it'd be no different to doing a day of filming for a normal episode...These guys have filmed scenes in snow and god knows what so I think they could handle a little bit of rain. They'd be well wrapped up im sure.

Yes and when there's a heavy downpour they go for shelter, halt filming and resume when the rain isn't so heavy.
    Or move a scene inside,and they halt filming while cables and cameras and lights are moved and set up elsewhere.

A Live Ep makes no allowances for any of that.
This discussion has been closed.