Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 151)

Comments

• Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    khughes90 wrote: »
    After Stug-gate finishes, I want them to go back and do something with Doug and coming out. Maybe have him have have a possible lady-friend and discuss that, yes he did really like Ste, but still likes women as well. I wouldn't mind an actual bi character and I think Doug would fit that well, because how intensely he felt for Bex.

I think this is mostly because PJ is good and I don't want him wasted :o

I wish they could do that :( But I think they're a bit stuck with it. Saying he's bisexual now after they made him gay would insult some viewers even more than making him gay did in the first place.
  • AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,906
    Forum Member
    I'd say the Dublin stuff is quite close to Christmas, because didn't we think that JP first appears at Christmas?
    Here are some What's On Tv rewordings:

Mon 29th: Riley's memorial turns into a football match and Rhys is annoyed when Tony scores against him. Meanwhile, Ste is angry when Ally arrives. When they all head to The Dog after, it then turns into a witch-hunt against Brendan. Will Cheryl step in?

Later, it's time for Cheryl to clear out Lynsey's room and it's emotional when she finds a tape they made - a bittersweet memory...

Tues 30th: Ste's shocked when his Mum turns up - Doug invited her. It's clear she hasn't lost her nasty side as she calls him 'queer'. Ste flips when Doug and Pauline continue to hound him, how will Doug react?

Brendan loses it at his and Cheryl's counselling session and storms out, leaving an apologetic Cheryl behind. Will he face his demons?
    Wow, Ready, thank you. So the counsellor is for the Bradys then. Fantastic. I guess she starts touching on something Brendan's too scared to explore, or he says something and Cheryl doesn't believe him? I think it's too early for the sexual abuse to be revealed to Cheryl though.

Poor Brendan.:(
  • AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,906
    Forum Member
    I wish they could do that :( But I think they're a bit stuck with it. Saying he's bisexual now after they made him gay would insult some viewers even more than making him gay did in the first place.
    He should have a chat with Eoghan, who can explain to him the concept of bisexuality. And then they shag.

#Doughan
    Forum Member
    Wow, Ready, thank you. So the counsellor is for the Bradys then. Fantastic. I guess she starts touching on something Brendan's too scared to explore, or he says something and Cheryl doesn't believe him? I think it's too early for the sexual abuse to be revealed to Cheryl though.

Poor Brendan.:(

No problem! Hopefully we'll get some other good rewordings when they update the rest of the days.

I'm guessing so. It's probably something linked to his past. It's going to be hard but brilliant to watch.
    I feel like every time I leave for 30 minutes, I come back and find more. And all of them are interesting. I don't even need them to say, Brendan and Ste snog, because there's just SO much going on that fascinates me. :o

It's never safe to leave again, clearly ;)

We don't need BIB, but it would be nice :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's amazing. Both uncomfortable and isolated, both angry and frustrated, Ste being chased by Doug and Pauline, Brendan being chased by Cheryl. They so badly need this chat. :o:(

Best spoilers we've had for 15 months.

I feel like every time I leave for 30 minutes, I come back and find more. And all of them are interesting. I don't even need them to say, Brendan and Ste snog, because there's just SO much going on that fascinates me. :o

Ha! I know, who would have predicted all this? Not me. :o
    Forum Member
    He should have a chat with Eoghan, who can explain to him the concept of bisexuality. And then they shag.

#Doughan

Ha! :D "Oh, so that's what bisexual means? I never knew, dawg!"

Yes please :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that during Brendan and Ste's heart to heart there's some acknowledgment of Brendan and Ste's past. I wonder if there will be any sort of remorse shown from Brendan of what he put Ste through when he finds out about Ste's parents and what Terry was like to Ste. I think that kind of information would eat Brendan up inside now that he's changed and it would be good to see some of that remorse for their past. It probably won't happen but it would be nice. Maybe that will come a bit later...

BH
  • kaz80kaz80 Posts: 1,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that during Brendan and Ste's heart to heart there's some acknowledgment of Brendan and Ste's past. I wonder if there will be any sort of remorse shown from Brendan of what he put Ste through when he finds out about Ste's parents and what Terry was like to Ste. I think that kind of information would eat Brendan up inside now that he's changed and it would be good to see some of that remorse for their past. It probably won't happen but it would be nice. Maybe that will come a bit later...

BH

That would be good, i kinda like Brendan to apologise for all he put Ste through. Maybe once he accepts he loves Ste he will, would prove to Ste that Brendan has changed if he gives his heart felt apology to him
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope that during the wedding, we see that Ste doesn't want to marry Doug and that he is having doubts :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member

I know. But then, it is possible. My GBF has been gay since 15/16 and when he was 20 he come across one girl he really liked and was baffled by it. He is attracted to women, but prefers men. I think they could do that with Doug.

I also want Brendan to flip out when the counsellor mentions their childhood and Cheryl bangs on about how great it was.

I want subtle hints from Brendan about Pa to Cheryl now until the reveal. Obviously, talking about it in September has brought it to the front of his mind and with Ste explaining a few things, I want hints now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope that during the wedding, we see that Ste doesn't want to marry Doug and that he is having doubts :o

i think they would have to do that, with last few weeks, we can see his feelings for Brendan coming back, but he will be scared too. I watched an old ep last night when he was saying he cant breathe without him and it scared him or something along these lines:)
    Forum Member

BH

That's definitely what I'm hoping for out of the conversation. I think it's really important for Brendan to realise what he did to Ste. I'm sure he already knows deep down, but I'd love for him to acknowledge it, and apologise with sincerity one day.
    I know. But then, it is possible. My GBF has been gay since 15/16 and when he was 20 he come across one girl he really liked and was baffled by it. He is attracted to women, but prefers men. I think they could do that with Doug.

But I think Bex was that girl already - Doug was clearly in love with her. If he still said he's gay after that, then I don't think they can realistically change the story.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    It's never safe to leave again, clearly ;)

We don't need BIB, but it would be nice :D

Who needs going out? It's cheaper to stay in, innit. Social life now strictly confined to Sat/Sun evenings.

All in good time, Ready. All in good time ...
    x-Maya-x wrote: »
    Ha! I know, who would have predicted all this? Not me. :o

Definitely not me either. As recent as 6 weeks ago, we were all tearing our hair out over that godawful sham wedding storyline. And now ... Brendan's in therapy and in love with Ste, and Ste's losing his rag, and is in love with Brendan.
    :eek:

I'm still confused by Eggy by the way. Is it just me? So Lynsey knew he was bi, because she told Ste one time that her brother was bi? But he's also in the closet, because Cheryl doesn't know? Or she knows, but she just doesn't know he had a fumble with Brendan? And if he's out, like Ste implied, why would he still be hiding his history? I honestly can't make any sense of it. I can't wait for him to be gone, really.
    *reaches for panadol*
    Forum Member

BH

Obviously I really want Brendan to apologise and Ste to really believe it. But I can see, that if Brendan were to do it now, Ste would think it is out of guilt because of what he went through as a child.

I'd love it if the reason Brendan was going to Ste was to apologise. Like the counsellor said, apologise to/set something right with one person you have really hurt in the past and that's why he goes to the deli.
    Forum Member

[insert cap here of Ste going up the aisle with rabbit in the headlights expression]

;)
    Forum Member
    Who needs going out? It's cheaper to stay in, innit. Social life now strictly confined to Sat/Sun evenings.

All in good time, Ready. All in good time ...

Exactly ;) We need to be on spoiler watch.

That first kiss they have...oh my :o
    I'm still confused by Eggy by the way. Is it just me? So Lynsey knew he was bi, because she told Ste one time that her brother was bi?

Ah, is that what Ste said? I couldn't hear him properly. I thought he said Lynsey had told him Eoghan was bad! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [insert cap here of Ste going up the aisle with rabbit in the headlights expression]

;)

all the time, hoping and praying someone stops the wedding and goes Ste what are you doing, you don't love Doug
    Forum Member
    I'm still confused by Eggy by the way. Is it just me? So Lynsey knew he was bi, because she told Ste one time that her brother was bi? But he's also in the closet, because Cheryl doesn't know? Or she knows, but she just doesn't know he had a fumble with Brendan? And if he's out, like Ste implied, why would he still be hiding his history? I honestly can't make any sense of it. I can't wait for him to be gone, really.
    *reaches for panadol*

Oh no. Eggy has knocked everything out of whack for me. I just don't get it or the background.

I wouldn't have enjoyed the story involving Kris, but it would have made a hell of a lot more sense to me. Damn you Mr McCarthey.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's definitely what I'm hoping for out of the conversation. I think it's really important for Brendan to realise what he did to Ste. I'm sure he already knows deep down, but I'd love for him to acknowledge it, and apologise with sincerity one day.

Exactly, I just can't see Brendan being at all OK with finding out about Ste's past and not acknowledging what he put him through at all. In fact it could be the reason why he pushes Ste to be with Doug, because he feels once again like he's dangerous for Ste.

Also I think it would horrify Brendan to know that he was treating Ste like Terry treated Ste. That he made Ste feel that kind of fear that Ste's Dad made him feel. I don't know if that makes sense, but I think that is something that would really affect him after what he's faced up to in Later. I think that information would emphasize it more in his own thoughts that he's no good for anyone- especially Ste. Maybe that's why he tells him to go be with Doug.

BH

BH
    Forum Member
    Ah, is that what Ste said? I couldn't hear him properly. I thought he said Lynsey had told him Eoghan was bad! :D

Oh god, maybe he did! I am even more confused now.
    I'll go and relisten.
    Hollyoaks is so hard sometimes. :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiil.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no. Eggy has knocked everything out of whack for me. I just don't get it or the background.

I wouldn't have enjoyed the story involving Kris, but it would have made a hell of a lot more sense to me. Damn you Mr McCarthey.

hes a weird one all right, he just seems so bitter, was this bullying of Brendan's mental? like if it was physical and Cheryl was seeing Eoghan, surely to goodness she would of known and mentioned it by now:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll go and relisten.

I heard the same as you, C&S. Except I couldn't tell if Ste said, "Lynsey never told me her brother was bi," or, "Lynsey told me her brother was bi."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll go and relisten.

i thought he had said Lynsey said her brother was bi also. Strange she would tell Ste and not her best friend Cheryl though:confused: unless she knew about whole Brendan thing and knew she better keeping it from Cheryl
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duckmoo wrote: »
    Flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiil.

Duckmoo. :D

What you flailing about? ;)
This discussion has been closed.