The Smiths documentary on bbc2 sunday at eleven.

Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
Forum Member
For anyone who's interested. Only half an hour sadly, so it seems we're going to get little to no depth, but it could still be interesting.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    Yep I will defo be watching this.

Like you said though shame about the length.

Still worth a watch though.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,507
    Forum Member
    Will be watching to see if explains their appeal to me which I have never got.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up. Will check it out.
  • JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that the young guns go for it one? I've seen it loadsa times.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Julzei wrote: »

I was wondering if it was this one too. I've seen this one.
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Julzei wrote: »

Not like any other love its called if that helps.
  • DomestiquesDomestiques Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The really should re show the south bank show special. Cant stand the band, but it was a very good documentary.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Not like any other love its called if that helps.

I'll watch that then! :)
    The really should re show the south bank show special. Cant stand the band, but it was a very good documentary.

Never saw it but would watch it. I'm really into the Smiths at the moment.
  • my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not long enough, but a decent reminder of their brilliance as far as it went
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rourke or Joyce never mentioned once. But I guess if you're looking at it from a cultural perspective they were just 'part of the band'.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    Rourke or Joyce never mentioned once. But I guess if you're looking at it from a cultural perspective they were just 'part of the band'.

Well they never did much to contribute other than playing the genius of them lay with Marr and Morrissey and when discovering them a few years ago they were not my main focal or starting point which i feel is the same for many :) Plus i think that whole legal debacle has somewhat tainted them for some people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Well they never did much to contribute other than playing the genius of them lay with Marr and Morrissey and when discovering them a few years ago they were not my main focal or starting point which i feel is the same for many :) Plus i think that whole legal debacle has somewhat tainted them for some people.

Yeah was thinking it might be something to do with the whole suing thing. Definitely didn't come off well. Moz and Marr were the life and soul of the band for sure.