Options

EE: I hope Shirley fries for this!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Cody1Cody1 Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did anyone actually see shirley shoot phil? has shirley admitted to anyone it was her?? it was off camera, there could of been a struggle and sharon actually pulled the trigger...... or phil pull the trigger..........

yes we all assume it was her as she had hold of the gun, but many innocents have served jail sentences because we assumed ............ a temporary moment of insanity - again people can and do suffer from them and snap - phil was a ball-less ba......rd sat at his own wedding reception eyeballing Shirley knowing fine well how she feels about him, if anyone should fry its that sad excuse for a man !:(
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Cody1 wrote: »
    did anyone actually see shirley shoot phil? has shirley admitted to anyone it was her?? it was off camera, there could of been a struggle and sharon actually pulled the trigger...... or phil pull the trigger..........

yes we all assume it was her as she had hold of the gun, but many innocents have served jail sentences because we assumed ............ a temporary moment of insanity - again people can and do suffer from them and snap - phil was a ball-less ba......rd sat at his own wedding reception eyeballing Shirley knowing fine well how she feels about him, if anyone should fry its that sad excuse for a man !:(

Well Sharon was screaming that it was Shirley and in that state (she was near hysterical) I don't think she'd have been composed enough to lie about it. Also, if it wasn't Shirley, why did she just leave and not stay to defend herself - not even call an ambulance for Phil?

They could pull a switch on us as it wasn't shown on screen but everything indicates that it was indeed Shirley.
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noush wrote: »
    I hope Shirley gets her comeuppance!! She was bang out of order for what she did! Er no pun intended ;-)

She will pay for NOTHING!

The square has a new Queen, just like King Philith, Queen Shirley is untouchable :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    It is odd, he sweet talks her in private but when it's in front of people he goes silent or he just brushes it under the carpet and signing his business over, if that's what he did I can't remember if it was just putting her name on the door, is very odd as well he didn't even consider the impact the move and living with his two sisters/dad has on his own family, at the end of the day he still has a partner (wife or not) and three kids to think about grown up or not, I can't see anyone wanting to live with parents and older sisters again at that time of life, the house it practically rammed as it is.

There must be some reason for it, when this rape s/l starts to get going I think it will play a big part in divided loyalties, if he believes her or not and if he takes other peoples sides, I think Shirley and Tina will take Dean's side, it will have a big impact nevertheless.

They rather skimmed over the details of the 'third of the Vic' business - they never made it clear whether it just meant her name was over the door, whether she was getting a third of the profits, whether if they in time sold she would get a third of the equity. Like all financial or business things in Soap (EE especially) they kept it deliberately vague, probably so they can change it in the future. But the way she goes on about being part of the decision making, i'd say she is a full partner so he has in effect signed a full third over which is incredible thing to do when her only 'investment' in the business was telling him it was for sale and asking Stan for the 10k to deal with the rising damp. What happens if he dies - where does that leave Linda - stuck with Shirley forever or having to find the money to buy her out and again his children's inheritance. From what I gathered, he and Linda have spent years saving money from working at her mother's pub to get the money to buy the Vic and shirley just demands a third of it and he gives it to her? Incredible.

I don't think Tina will back Dean as she seems to have mahorly gone off him over the last couple of weeks. I have a horrible feeling that Nancy might not totally believe that Linda was raped.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Well Sharon was screaming that it was Shirley and in that state (she was near hysterical) I don't think she'd have been composed enough to lie about it. Also, if it wasn't Shirley, why did she just leave and not stay to defend herself - not even call an ambulance for Phil?

They could pull a switch on us as it wasn't shown on screen but everything indicates that it was indeed Shirley.

as i said we assume it was her as thats how it looked, but its soapland, they alter the scripts to suit ......... it was ronnies gun & she was quick to flee the house even though normally she would of been giving him first aid - i'm sure it was S, but if Shirleys to fry, i say fry a few more ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CherryRose wrote: »

The square has a new Queen, just like King Philith, Queen Shirley is untouchable :D

It does certainly feel that way at the moment.
  • Options
    B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    I'd have cheered if Shirley had pumped a couple of those bullets into Tubby McWatts/Rickman while she was on the job, do us twice the favour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    as i said we assume it was her as thats how it looked, but its soapland, they alter the scripts to suit ......... it was ronnies gun & she was quick to flee the house even though normally she would of been giving him first aid - i'm sure it was S, but if Shirleys to fry, i say fry a few more ;-)

I understand what you're saying but the difference with Ronnie is we know exactly why she left the house straight after ringong the ambulance and instructing Sharon on what to do with first aid. She was getting rid of the gun because she knew Phil, Sharon and herself would get into serious trouble if it was found. We don't actually have a reason for shirley to have run if she wasn't guilty except also to dispose of the gun because it had her fingerprints on it - but she left the gun there so that doesn't work.

The only real explanation is that she was in shock and feeling guilty at what she had just done.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love reading the excuses coming out for shirley. Full marks for the most outrageous.

As for shirley

She'll hide all she like but the police will catch her eventually

She's going dddoowwwnn

She'll be back in prison. Her natural habitat. Back where she belongs
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I love reading the excuses coming out for shirley. Full marks for the most outrageous.

As for shirley

She's going dddoowwwnn

The gutter is where she belongs ;-) Prison is too good for her :cool:

As is usual in soaps, Shirley probably will get away with it from a criminal justice point of view but I'd be happy with Mick and the rest of her family disowning her and Queen Sharon ruling the Square and looking down her nose at Shirley on a daily basis :D
  • Options
    CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As for shirley

She's going dddoowwwnn

Yeah just like Phil did for burning someone to death, like Lisa did for shooting Phil, like Ronnie did for killing Carl, we could go on forever with the list.

Shirley is untouchable, DTC loves her!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah just like Phil did for burning someone to death, like Lisa did for shooting Phil, like Ronnie did for killing Carl, we could go on forever with the list.

Shirley is untouchable, DTC loves her!!!

DTC isn't around forever. One day we will be getting a different producer

The list of crimes goes up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The gutter is where she belongs ;-) Prison is too good for her :cool:

As is usual in soaps, Shirley probably will get away with it from a criminal justice point of view but I'd be happy with Mick and the rest of her family disowning her and Queen Sharon ruling the Square and looking down her nose at Shirley on a daily basis :D

Its true the gutter is where she belongs

Cradling her gun while supping vodka
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member

This.

She will skulk and lie low at Babe's place until the heat dies down, then re-appear with a new 'fella' played by Karl Howman (who looks startling like Phil ... - and no, I don't think he can realistically be Andy as that ship sailed long ago) and we will be back to Shirley swanning around the square, bullying and sneering at people and saying 'Do you know who I am?'
    Rinse and repeat Shirley Carter behaviour - nothing new there at all.

A Carter/Mitchell 'war' is on the cards IMO. Mick is too soft and weak to front up the Carter clan and go up against Phil and Ben, so Shirley's new boyfriend will fulfill that role, catapulting Shirley (the most marmite character ever) even more firmly into prominence as the star of the show.

I hope DTC knows what he is doing. The Carters could turn out to be his Brannings.
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    Its true the gutter is where she belongs

Cradling her gun while supping vodka

She could still end up there.

Mick might not be very pleased when the 'secret' is revealed, and he realises that his 'big sister' lied to him every day of his life, AND tried to drown him. too

He might kick her out of the pub and onto the streets even if her name IS above the door.
    Christmas Day would be a good day for that to happen.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was wondering about this too. The last thing we saw was Sharon and Shirley wrestling over the gun. Bullets can't kill Super Phil though :D
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Too right :D
    She will soon be back stomping around in her long black boots.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Ronnie has got away with Murder and putting Carl's brother? in hospital, Phil has got away with multiple crimes, as has Janine. It's not a favoritism thing, it's just so the storyline can continue imo. Or EastEnders would have to invest in a Prison set, because most of the characters would end up there.

I personally don't want to see Shirley start drinking heavily after the reveal in reply to another comment above. I'm glad Shirley is being utilized better, she is a good character, played by a brilliant actress, why shouldn't she have a proper place in the show? I don't believe in all this marmite character stuff, no character is universally liked and I think the real categories are either, you love, like, are indifferent too, dislike, or hate a character and that applies to all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    haphash wrote: »
    Too right :D
    She will soon be back stomping around in her long black boots.

.....and swagger coats!:D:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    Ronnie has got away with Murder and putting Carl's brother? in hospital, Phil has got away with multiple crimes, as has Janine. It's not a favoritism thing, it's just so the storyline can continue imo. Or EastEnders would have to invest in a Prison set, because most of the characters would end up there.

I personally don't want to see Shirley start drinking heavily after the reveal in reply to another comment above. I'm glad Shirley is being utilized better, she is a good character, played by a brilliant actress, why shouldn't she have a proper place in the show? I don't believe in all this marmite character stuff, no character is universally liked and I think the real categories are either, you love, like, are indifferent too, dislike, or hate a character and that applies to all.

I don't think you can really say if a character has 'got away with it' until it is time for them to leave. Carl king in Emmerdale 'got away' with having caused 3 people's deaths for years but ultimately ended up with the soap karmic justice of being killed himself. Ronnie could well end up back in Prison for Carl if and when Womack chooses to leave again - in fact I suspect she will. The only one that seemed to really 'get away with it' was Stacey when she left in 2010 but they have addressed that (in a minor way) on her return.

Phil and Janine are the two that really do seem to 'get away' with everything but ou could argue that they have both spent time in Prison for crimes they didn't actually commit so perhaps that is some justice - though arguably nowhere near enough. Again though I suspect that if McFadden ever does decide to leave and they are as sure as they can be that it is for good, phil will end up dead for his crimes.

There will of course be some viewers that don't care one way or another about Shirley but I do think there are some characters that are more likely to either be adored or loathed and shirley is one of then. I'd say Alfie is another, partly due to many people having a definate view on Shane Richie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think you can really say if a character has 'got away with it' until it is time for them to leave. Carl king in Emmerdale 'got away' with having caused 3 people's deaths for years but ultimately ended up with the soap karmic justice of being killed himself. Ronnie could well end up back in Prison for Carl if and when Womack chooses to leave again - in fact I suspect she will. The only one that seemed to really 'get away with it' was Stacey when she left in 2010 but they have addressed that (in a minor way) on her return.

Phil and Janine are the two that really do seem to 'get away' with everything but ou could argue that they have both spent time in Prison for crimes they didn't actually commit so perhaps that is some justice - though arguably nowhere near enough. Again though I suspect that if McFadden ever does decide to leave and they are as sure as they can be that it is for good, phil will end up dead for his crimes.

There will of course be some viewers that don't care one way or another about Shirley but I do think there are some characters that are more likely to either be adored or loathed and shirley is one of then. I'd say Alfie is another, partly due to many people having a definate view on Shane Richie.

I guess it's a fair assumption but I know alot of people who are indifferent to Shirley and Alfie, so I just don't really agree with the marmite term. Cora and Sharon are often called marmite too, but then I also know people who are indifferent to them also.

I personally like Alfie but I don't 'adore' or 'hate' him. Same goes for Sharon. But then I do adore Cora and Shirley.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I guess it's a fair assumption but I know alot of people who are indifferent to Shirley and Alfie, so I just don't really agree with the marmite term. Cora and Sharon are often called marmite too, but then I also know people who are indifferent to them also.

I personally like Alfie but I don't 'adore' or 'hate' him. Same goes for Sharon. But then I do adore Cora and Shirley.

Well this isn't an Alfie thread but my opinion on him tends to fluctate depending on how he is being utilise at the time. The seruous stuff I adore him in - even if I don't like what the character is doing I find Richie really engaging to watch. However a lot of the 'cheeky chappie' comedy stuff I could really do without and wish he would jus bog off my screen.

Cora is another one like Shirley who I rarely like as a human being but enjoy watching as a character and would be very upset if they were ever written out.

Characters like David wicks, Ian, Janine I just love watching no matter what - often don't like what they were doing (if they were real and I knew them I would give them a very wide berth) but as characters in a show I always sympathise, understand and love watching them. I honestly would be okay sitting and watching Janine reading out the Yellow Pages for 30 minutes, I find her that engaging and charismatic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As for shirley

She's going dddoowwwnn

im not making any excuses for her, i dont condone any aggressive behaviour whatsoever, thats why i dont rate phil mitchell at all- i also think she did it, even though we never actually saw for ourselves who did it (i just think scriptwriters can alter it however they choose )

shes fluffed up in the biggest way ever........ her son she cant tell because he thinks hes her brother, her other kids messed up as shes been a crap mum - her best and only true friend murdered, and the one bloke she truly loves has been playing her off against someone else ....... anyone should be able to see where all this hatred ouzes from ....... phils done far worse throw them both in the same cell. Not excusing her in anyway but i can understand her finally snapping
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand what you're saying but the difference with Ronnie is we know exactly why she left the house straight after ringong the ambulance and instructing Sharon on what to do with first aid. She was getting rid of the gun because she knew Phil, Sharon and herself would get into serious trouble if it was found. We don't actually have a reason for shirley to have run if she wasn't guilty except also to dispose of the gun because it had her fingerprints on it - but she left the gun there so that doesn't work.

The only real explanation is that she was in shock and feeling guilty at what she had just done.

i know and your probably right but my theory is we can all have it worked out in our heads as the viewers but the writers will stuff it all up and change things to suit them (because we didnt actually see it happen on screen)
  • Options
    spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chuck her in a river. If she floats then burn her like they did in the good old days.