So Mary, 36 fancies 70-year-old Norris??

13»

Comments

• PhoenixblissPhoenixbliss Posts: 9,478
    Forum Member
    I think Mary is 50?Anyway age gaps like that are no big deal IMO
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mary is the worst character in a soap I've ever seen. Soaps are supposed to be vaguely reflective of reality and we are supposed to expect people to not bat an eyelid to a mentally unstable woman who is infatuated with a pensioner she once "kidnapped". She's not surreal or odd, just very unfunny.

Mary is quite normal for a soap character
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't Mary supposed to be a temporary character? A nutter that stalked Norris and would have met a sticky end (no doubt). Probably changed her character when they realised she was sticking around.

As for the age difference - might seem odd but not unrealistic. Not when there is already a transgendered woman married to a heterosexual man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    She looks older than Hayley, who is 41 in real life and 45 in the show. The actress that plays Hayley looks even younger in real life - she wears a frumpy wig in the show and that anorak, whereas in real life she's got punky spiky blonde hair. I've spied her at a few punk gigs in Manchester!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    mightytev wrote: »
    She looks older than Hayley, who is 41 in real life and 45 in the show. The actress that plays Hayley looks even younger in real life - she wears a frumpy wig in the show and that anorak, whereas in real life she's got punky spiky blonde hair. I've spied her at a few punk gigs in Manchester!

shes old and frumpy in real life aswell :D