Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    I'm an audio typist. There's one particular guy I type for who insists that his letters are exactly as he dictated them, punctuation and all. This wouldn't normally annoy me, except that his grammar is dreadful (for example, he likes to use semicolons instead of commas at random) and it makes my letters look bad. I'm getting cross again thinking about it now. :p
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you order something at a restaurant and there isn't much on your plate so you want another meal when you get out, I don't order food from them again as there is no point.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you're having a pleasant Sunday afternoon all calm and relaxed AND the fire alarm goes off for no apparent reason. >:(
    And this is by no means a subtle beep. IT'S THE MUTHA OF ALL ALARM BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP. I live in a tower block and had no idea if it was just me or a alarm test or someone above me (preferable the ass directly above and his noisy family) was ablaze. Nothing in here was on fire so I've just spent the last 30mins in a big freakout as I waited for a bunch of firemen to come bursting in the check me place out (place needs a little tidying to put it mildly) and today is one of those bad hair days (to put it v.mildly). I guess we're supposed to all gather outside but I'm not really one for crowds (to put it v.f.mildly)
    I could see a fireengine outside but the men inside looked all calm and relaxed which kids spoke to this just being a test (or they believed Leicester would be better off it this tower block burnt down). Then the engine was gone and after ~30mins and methinks some camomile tea will help get my heartrate down.
    :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    coughing

There is this one woman in one of my works who is constantly coughing..Either she has a cold, virus and goes off to get some cough medicine..she takes it when it says, but she still has it..I ask her if she took it and she says she can't be bothered to..i asked her if she wants a sweet, as i find it soothing to suck on a sweet ( as i had some in bag), and she refuses..I started working there end of September last year and she still has it..cough, cough, bloody cough :( I said to her you had that cough ages now, and she said yea last year :o..oh she smokes too, always going for **** breaks tut tut rolleyes..she goes out for **** and then coughs some more and smells of them :(

rant over lol
  • Options
    ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    Going to the circus and the kid sat in the seat in front of you constantly waving one of those flashing tosspot beacons so you end up blind by the end.
  • Options
    Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you reply to a thread, then someone comes along and says the same thing as you. Either they haven't read your post (trivial and annoying) or they think they can say it better (trivial and annoying).

It's possible you've both been typing your responses at the same time but theirs got through first.
  • Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Traffic at weekends. Especially local traffic. Like today I went to fill up at the petrol station. I couldn't get in as it was rammed. So I went to the next one but couldn't even get there as the traffic was solid with people trying to get to a retail park. What is wrong with people? Its supposedly a day of rest but some would rather spend it looking round Pets are us, Boots or Pound shop than relaxing at home.
  • Options
    Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    victor mel wrote: »
    Traffic at weekends. Especially local traffic. Like today I went to fill up at the petrol station. I couldn't get in as it was rammed. So I went to the next one but couldn't even get there as the traffic was solid with people trying to get to a retail park. What is wrong with people? Its supposedly a day of rest but some would rather spend it looking round Pets are us, Boots or Pound shop than relaxing at home.

Maybe it's the only chance they get if they are working Monday to Saturday.
  • Options
    chandlerpchandlerp Posts: 4,956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am seriously pissed off that all the Penn & Teller tickets have basically been sold to touts and are now for resale on Ticketmaster's own secondary ticket site Getmein for vastly inflated prices. If Ticketmaster terms and conditions do not allow resale of tickets why the f***are they allowing people to sell them? Oh, yeah. They get a second commission on an even higher price. It is a f***ing con.

Bring back queuing at the box office for at least 75% of tickets I say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think the cinemas and theatres should be 50 per cent online and 50 per cent box office.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to the circus and the kid sat in the seat in front of you constantly waving one of those flashing tosspot beacons so you end up blind by the end.

Or going to the cinema and ending up sitting right behind the tallest person in there
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Modern day middle classness really bugs me, When did it become acceptable to become so pretentious.

What has happened to making cupcakes with a blob of icing sugar and a bit of sugar paper, when did making cupcakes become an art form ?

When did food snobbery become a thing ? If I buy a tomato from Lidl's surly it is going to taste pretty similar to a tomato from Waitrose or Sainsbury's.

So Coffee is now a basic human right but only if you buy it from a large coffee chain. because when I use my flask I get the strangest looks you will ever see.

So is beans on toast bruschetta ?

Cheddar and Red Leicester are quite enough when it comes to Cheese thank you very much.

Usually Travelled all over Europe but never been north of Tottenham.

Makes a huge deal of recycling but drives a 4x4

Bought Harriet her first pestle and mortar at the age of 6.

Thinks Debenhams is really good value for money.

People who say stuff like I haven't been abroad for 3 years, Or my absolute worst is when they Name drop holiday destinations as if its like they have just popped to the corner shop or something... the usual suspects are Gran Canaria. Tenerife and Malaga, Usually followed by have you been oh you haven't well you should go......

I say its the middle classes as well but its not really. its usually the ones in between Working class and middle class you know council estate kid done good, That type of guy with his slightly Ageing but stuck up wife, She is usually in a gold chain with a **** on the go and bottle blonde hair. The Guy usually has a beer belly and enjoys a chicken vindaloo and a cobra beer for his dinner.

Maybe its just me but they seem to be on the rise or maybe its just the people I associate with haha ;)

Thanks for the laughs, think you and me are from the same pod!
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Im a woman and i sweat. No anti-p womens deo even comes close. The only deoderant on the market ive found that is about 70% effective is mens rightguard.

Presumably then the womens version would work? Nope. The 72 hour one must last for 12 hours surely? Nope.

The only options i have is either wear the mens and smell like a man or look/smell sweaty.

Why dont they either make a mems deoderant which is unscented so women can wear it (they make plenty of female unscented ones) or make the womens version exactly the same strength just with a different smell?
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you buy a DVD and are forced to sit through endless trailers, menus, copyright warnings, company logos and God knows what else that it wont allow you to skip past. I just want to play the God damn film not faff around through 10 minutes of crap before I can watch it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When people get you a DVD of something new instead of a Blu Ray. My Blu Ray Player/PS3 is there to get a good picture and not SD.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Im a woman and i sweat. No anti-p womens deo even comes close. The only deoderant on the market ive found that is about 70% effective is mens rightguard.

Presumably then the womens version would work? Nope. The 72 hour one must last for 12 hours surely? Nope.

The only options i have is either wear the mens and smell like a man or look/smell sweaty.

Why dont they either make a mems deoderant which is unscented so women can wear it (they make plenty of female unscented ones) or make the womens version exactly the same strength just with a different smell?

I'm the same and, like you the men's Right Guard is the only one that works, but I like the smell and if I smell like a bloke, I apologize!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just received my Veronica Mars movie DVD (my ~£75 helped kickstart it) and am reminded how much it bugs me re: Piz in the movie -
    he basically got shafted, was solely there to be "the one she DIDN'T choose" and they didn't even let him punch Logan "by accident" during the brawl. Even though I liked the character I feel the movie would have been improved no end had they simply left him out of it.
    >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chandlerp wrote: »
    I am seriously pissed off that all the Penn & Teller tickets have basically been sold to touts and are now for resale on Ticketmaster's own secondary ticket site Getmein for vastly inflated prices. If Ticketmaster terms and conditions do not allow resale of tickets why the f***are they allowing people to sell them? Oh, yeah. They get a second commission on an even higher price. It is a f***ing con.

Bring back queuing at the box office for at least 75% of tickets I say.

What show is it for?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    silversox wrote: »
    I'm the same and, like you the men's Right Guard is the only one that works, but I like the smell and if I smell like a bloke, I apologize!!

My problem is im a bit tomboyish so i get a bit self conscious going out in jeans and a hoody and smelling quite blokey! Im afraid someone will think im a man or think im a bit odd for not realising im using mens deo instead of womens! Even buying it is bad enough.

Plus im sure its not very sensual for my oh when we are getting intimate and the smell of mens deoderant fills the air..... :D
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is one of the Right Guards that smells exactly the same for both sexes.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The amount of Cristiano Ronaldo swaps I've got for the Panini World Cup sticker album.

What makes it even odder is that I've done a little research and it seems like he's one of the six stickers that come with the album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trailers that tell show you the whole movie. Prime example is the new Scarlet Johansson movie called Lucy (directed by Luc Besson)
    If you don't want to know EVERYTHING that happens but just a basic idea as to what it is then
    - think Crank :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There is one of the Right Guards that smells exactly the same for both sexes.

Which one?

Last time we went shopping i did a quick sniff test and bought the two least masculine smelling ones, but they were still pretty blokey!
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Which one?

Last time we went shopping i did a quick sniff test and bought the two least masculine smelling ones, but they were still pretty blokey!

I can't remember the name, but it smells quite like talc. I thought my husband had picked the female one.
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who tell me "You don't look like you're married"

What the f&ck does that even mean?!?!?

Also, (at work) people that can't make up their minds and say that they'll phone back within the hour but never do. Just tell me you can't make it and it's fine rather than me carrying a phone around all afternoon! :(
This discussion has been closed.