Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People posting "Deleted"
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when you really need a bunch of somethings but they only come in packs containing too few or too many.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    when you really need a bunch of somethings but they only come in packs containing too few or too many.

Birthday cake candles, for example! Very irritating when you want 21 and have to buy 3 packs of 10. I know you can keep them for the future but really only the 9 unused ones will be any good for next year, leaving you to buy 13 more (i.e. 2 packs of 10). xx
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Then don't give a 21 yr old a cake with ****ing candles on it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^so you simply buy a pack of 10, cut them all in half to get you 20 candles, then write on the cake, "Happy 20th Birthday Again" :)

My gripe falls into the same category as all those offers you see in the supermarket of the buy 3 get one free type, when you only wanted 1, so you buy more to save money and either don't use the extra (thus wasting money rather than saving) or binge and eat them all and feel right sickie afterwards - I'm looking at you "4 pack of Cadburys Twirl bars for £1". Singularly they're ~60p so that pack is a right bargain, right ?! Not so if instead of buying your weekly one, you buy the pack of 4 and lack the will-power to eat one a week and instead devour them all within 1/2 hour of getting home.... hmmmmmm, cadburys chocolate..... hmmmmm. Darn it.

Also those 4pack of batteries when your electrical "appliance" only requires 3 - who the heck thought of that ?! - a conspiracy I say, cos they know there is NO FREEKING way you're gonna be able to keep that single left over battery safe and secure until the next time you need one, oh no it's gonna get lost, hoovered up or thrown away when you wrongly think it is an old used up on.

btw: re: your candle dilema, if too many people felt that way it could lead to some kinda Logan's Run future. :eek:
    Then don't give a 21 yr old a cake with ****ing candles on it
    this is a new Ann Summers product, right ?! :cool:
  • clsyorkshireclsyorkshire Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My work colleagues who, knowing full well that I finish work at 4.30, wait until about 4.15 to give me the answers to the queries I asked them over the course of the day.
  • chandlerpchandlerp Posts: 4,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who are incapable of staying in their lane when driving, instead focussing on where they want to be and heading straight for it instead of following the curve of the road.
  • SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    chandlerp wrote: »
    People who are incapable of staying in their lane when driving, instead focussing on where they want to be and heading straight for it instead of following the curve of the road.
    That'll be people for whom road markings are merely decorative flourishes to brighten the road surfaces. Concur - add people who ignore roundabout lane markings esp on the approach and wait to enter it straddling two lanes due to their myopic incompetence.
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Late middle aged men who decide to be brave and wear a pair of shorts, regardless of their pure white varicosed legs and the fact that they haven't replaced their lace ups and black socks with trainers or sandals. The overall effect is quite scary!
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Trolly loads of bedding plants left unwatered at supermarkets. 'Tis downright neglect and cruelty and makes me very cross.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    My gripe falls into the same category as all those offers you see in the supermarket of the buy 3 get one free type, when you only wanted 1, so you buy more to save money and either don't use the extra (thus wasting money rather than saving) or binge and eat them all and feel right sickie afterwards - I'm looking at you "4 pack of Cadburys Twirl bars for £1". Singularly they're ~60p so that pack is a right bargain, right ?! Not so if instead of buying your weekly one, you buy the pack of 4 and lack the will-power to eat one a week and instead devour them all within 1/2 hour of getting home.... hmmmmmm, cadburys chocolate..... hmmmmm. Darn it.

Apparently you can freeze chocolate bars, leaving them temporarily inedible, so with the multipack you could take one out to defrost before you go to work on the days you want a Twirl.

However, in my house this would probably just result in everyone breaking their teeth trying to devour the frozen chocolate.

Thanks for the candle tips too! xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Freezing me twirls - genius !! :cool:

That slight (?) delay could be all I need for the chocky craving to pass. :)

Though, hopefully I won't find myself trying out the defrost feature on my microwave. :blush::p
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    What IS the f**king deal with so many people uploading slide-shows of still pictures as Youtube video's?

It seems like, whenever you click on a YT video these days, there's almost a 50/50 chance that what you get will be half a dozen crappy still pictures in a slide-show, accompanied by some completely inappropriate music.

The cynic in me thinks there's probably some office in Delhi where they're paying kids pennies to put these video's together and upload them to YT all day to get revenue from views.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    What IS the f**king deal with so many people uploading slide-shows of still pictures as Youtube video's?

It seems like, whenever you click on a YT video these days, there's almost a 50/50 chance that what you get will be half a dozen crappy still pictures in a slide-show, accompanied by some completely inappropriate music.

The cynic in me thinks there's probably some office in Delhi where they're paying kids pennies to put these video's together and upload them to YT all day to get revenue from views.

I think you'll find it's done by those who still use MS Movie Maker. Nowhere near Delhi, either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something trivial that annoys me INTENSELY is paragraphless blocks of text be it on a forum, newspaper comments section, or whatever.......I will not read it I refuse to out of stubbornness! Is it so hard to press the enter key even once?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SnrDev wrote: »
    That'll be people for whom road markings are merely decorative flourishes to brighten the road surfaces. Concur - add people who ignore roundabout lane markings esp on the approach and wait to enter it straddling two lanes due to their myopic incompetence.

They also don't seem to realise what the little stick at the side of the steering wheel does. :D:D
  • FoxywarriorFoxywarrior Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Traffic lights turning to red as you approach for no reason. No vehicles at the junction and no pedestrians waiting to cross. It's almost as if they wait for you. Their mates then join in and once caught in the sequence, they all bloody start.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    When you post a humourous or silly comment and sometime even use :D:p;) to indicate that it's not a serious comment but you get someone posting a full page diatribe in response.

Sometime the initial comment is so obviously not serious that it doesn't desever a reply unless someone is playing along with the joke.

The rant deserves a FFS get a life but really it's not worth bothering. It's what the rolleyes smiley used to be used for.
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Why in packets of Starburst do they have so many orange sweets? They're the worst ones and then you're left with a ton of orange sweets left once the packet is finished.

^ Finally I got to post a trivial thing!

Also people who are having a bad day and take it out on you, I can't do anything about the situation so stop acting shitty towards me.
  • james2018james2018 Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When i try to buy supermarket conveyor belt dividers and the cashier keeps putting them back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^buy them at the self-service tills cos they weigh the same as the 40m cling film :)

[edit] allegedly.... stealing is bad and wrong and naughty... don't steal, or dod rugs. >:(
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    People who post deceiving statuses on facebook for attention, like this woman on mine

"Soooooo happy! After two weeks my babys are finally big enough that i can have proper cuddles! Really looking forward to them getting even bigger xxx"

Sounds nice doesnt it? A new mum happy that her premature twins are big enough that she can hold them?

Wrong, shes referring to her two new pet snails! Of course she didnt divulge that information until she had lots of people asking her if she had had twins and congratulating her!
  • RuinedGirlRuinedGirl Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbclassics wrote: »
    Why in packets of Starburst do they have so many orange sweets? They're the worst ones and then you're left with a ton of orange sweets left once the packet is finished.

^ Finally I got to post a trivial thing!

Also people who are having a bad day and take it out on you, I can't do anything about the situation so stop acting shitty towards me.

The same thing happens with Wine Gums >:( About a million (that may be a slight exaggeration) green/yellow/orange ones and only two or three black or red ones in a big bag of them (which have inevitably all been eaten by other people before you manage to get one.) -grumbles-
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    People who post deceiving statuses on facebook for attention, like this woman on mine

"Soooooo happy! After two weeks my babys are finally big enough that i can have proper cuddles! Really looking forward to them getting even bigger xxx"

Sounds nice doesnt it? A new mum happy that her premature twins are big enough that she can hold them?

Wrong, shes referring to her two new pet snails! Of course she didnt divulge that information until she had lots of people asking her if she had had twins and congratulating her!
    Snails? Who on earth cuddles snails?
  • Ron_JRon_J Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RuinedGirl wrote: »
    The same thing happens with Wine Gums >:( About a million (that may be a slight exaggeration) green/yellow/orange ones and only two or three black or red ones in a big bag of them (which have inevitably all been eaten by other people before you manage to get one.) -grumbles-
    Everyone knows that the black winegums give you cancer. Anyway, the best Opal Fruits/Starburst were the yellow ones which they inexplicably stopped producing a few years ago. Followed by green, orange, red and purple in descending order of niceness.
This discussion has been closed.