Options

It has been confirmed. Live feed axed. (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    Soulrebel1980Soulrebel1980 Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    I can see no reason why that benefits repeat could not have been shown at midnight, surely a new show would take preference over a repeat?
    That's by the by, just another example that BB is lower down on the pecking order, I know one person who is involved with the psych program is not all that impressed, don't ask me who.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »
    Of course not, it's dreadful. But they've paid for it now and they're going to stick with it so that's that. If they were going to pull it and put back Big Brother Live they would have done so already.

True, suppose they could have shoved SBYM over to 5* and made it clash with the soaps, but C5 wouldn't do that sort of thing....
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    I can see no reason why that benefits repeat could not have been shown at midnight, surely a new show would take preference over a repeat?
    That's by the by, just another example that BB is lower down on the pecking order, I know one person who is involved with the psych program is not all that impressed, don't ask me who.
    Well they've been that way around for three weeks now. And Benefits Britain has been leading C5's ratings since it started so it's possible the repeat window is doing alright as well. If it's doing better share wise than Bit On The Psych I don't see why they would switch them this week.

To be honest I don't really know why they bother with a spinoff show on BB's weakest night anyway. I would scrap it and add an episode of Bit On The Side on Sunday evenings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well they've been that way around for three weeks now. And Benefits Britain has been leading C5's ratings since it started so it's possible the repeat window is doing alright as well. If it's doing better share wise than Bit On The Psych I don't see why they would switch them this week.

To be honest I don't really know why they bother with a spinoff show on BB's weakest night anyway. I would scrap it and add an episode of Bit On The Side on Sunday evenings.

I don't know how it's doing ratings wise on a Sat night, those figures seem hard to track down don't they?

They could always bin the spin off show and replace it with LF..........(you know I wont let it lie!)
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True, suppose they could have shoved SBYM over to 5* and made it clash with the soaps, but C5 wouldn't do that sort of thing....

lolol yes they wouldn't dare do such a thing..:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »
    lolol yes they wouldn't dare do such a thing..:D

they'd have to be mental to even consider it......:p
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    The problem with soap episodes is they're all killer no filler. All the best bits, if you like. No idea why they would appeal to fans of the Big Brother live feed. ;)
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course not, it's dreadful. But they've paid for it now and they're going to stick with it so that's that. If they were going to pull it and put back Big Brother Live they would have done so already.

It is their loss as Big Brother got better ratings then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is there any official news when Viacom take over?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The problem with soap episodes is they're all killer no filler. All the best bits, if you like. No idea why they would appeal to fans of the Big Brother live feed. ;)

count me out, I detest all soaps, my missus loves Neighbours though, the fruitcake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    count me out, I detest all soaps, my missus loves Neighbours though, the fruitcake.

same I loathe soaps.
    Its the reason I cant watch just a h/l show even when we had the full 24hr feed would only watch the h.l show for DR bits and the stuff they would mute on the feed.
  • Options
    hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know how it's doing ratings wise on a Sat night, those figures seem hard to track down don't they?

They could always bin the spin off show and replace it with LF..........(you know I wont let it lie!)

Shit on the Side is an extreme low for television, it's obvious Channel 5 only have it because they need at least spin off and they're doing a really bad job at it. Every time I flick past all I see is Emma squealing or Rylan attention seeking and some horrible audience members trying to get on TV. The money used to make that crap could be better spent on a 24 hour Live Feed.

I won't be watching any future series of civilian Big Brother now. Not even if they changed it completely because it's been destroyed so much that I won't be able to get into it again. Big Brother should've died on Channel 4 and Channel 5 should've just taken CBB.

I'll still sign petitions and moan about no Live Feed though:D and the fact that Big Brother is a semi scripted soap made by idiots. I'm happy with being a bitter ex fan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmeister wrote: »
    Shit on the Side is an extreme low for television, it's obvious Channel 5 only have it because they need at least spin off and they're doing a really bad job at it. Every time I flick past all I see is Emma squealing or Rylan attention seeking and some horrible audience members trying to get on TV. The money used to make that crap could be better spent on a 24 hour Live Feed.

I won't be watching any future series of civilian Big Brother now. Not even if they changed it completely because it's been destroyed so much that I won't be able to get into it again. Big Brother should've died on Channel 4 and Channel 5 should've just taken CBB.

I'll still sign petitions and moan about no Live Feed though:D and the fact that Big Brother is a semi scripted soap made by idiots. I'm happy with being a bitter ex fan.

I really do get that feeling this series is in full BB10 mode.
    you can see the tree coming but someone hasn't applied the brakes.
    As for the spin off shows a year ago they needed a full review they haven't really worked on channel 5.

The biggest mistake Ben Frow did whoever this person was who stopped the live feed this year I hope they are happy. It might not have helped the Housemate situation but it might have helped balanced the view these HM's are all nasty.

I just hope the cost has been worth it. all the good they finally seemed to do last year has been lost, Reliance on Sex hoping this triggers some mass media coverage.
    its channel 5 the home that showed intercourse from the inside with a vagina cam.
    the place that showed a pig getting you know what.

Its just been wrong from the start this series
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really do get that feeling this series is in full BB10 mode.
    you can see the tree coming but someone hasn't applied the brakes.
    As for the spin off shows a year ago they needed a full review they haven't really worked on channel 5.

The biggest mistake Ben Frow did whoever this person was who stopped the live feed this year I hope they are happy. It might not have helped the Housemate situation but it might have helped balanced the view these HM's are all nasty.

I just hope the cost has been worth it. all the good they finally seemed to do last year has been lost, Reliance on Sex hoping this triggers some mass media coverage.
    its channel 5 the home that showed intercourse from the inside with a vagina cam.
    the place that showed a pig getting you know what.

Its just been wrong from the start this series

It's been wrong since they announced that they had brought BB. Each of the civilian series has been absolutely terrible and this one seems to be the worst.

Even though they got rid of Live Feed for Big Brother 10 I actually really enjoyed that series as it had an interesting mixture of housemates and there was a Live Feed after midnight which was a bit hit or miss due to them going bed early at times but when they weren't in bed the Live Feed was interesting.

I just can't get used to any of Channel 5 housemates as they don't look right for the show and I don't know why, I can name over 100 Channel 4 housemates but if you asked me to name all of the Channel 5 lot I could probably name about 6 of them. The housemates this year have all been found from agencies and it's the worst line up of all time as they're all actors, Essex blokes or hookers and not a single one of them has a personality or is remotely likeable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been wrong since they announced that they had brought BB. Each of the civilian series has been absolutely terrible and this one seems to be the worst.

Even though they got rid of Live Feed for Big Brother 10 I actually really enjoyed that series as it had an interesting mixture of housemates and there was a Live Feed after midnight which was a bit hit or miss due to them going bed early at times but when they weren't in bed the Live Feed was interesting.

I just can't get used to any of Channel 5 housemates as they don't look right for the show and I don't know why, I can name over 100 Channel 4 housemates but if you asked me to name all of the Channel 5 lot I could probably name about 6 of them. The housemates this year have all been found from agencies and it's the worst line up of all time as they're all actors, Essex blokes or hookers and not a single one of them has a personality or is remotely likeable.

Yep I do think the Hm's and what they are looking for needs serious rethink
    I've noticed for a while there isn't one fun thread out there its all negative and how nasty housemate ABC is etc.

they say on one hand the show is about fun so where is it? they say its not a social experiment yet they showed two hm's having sex.. I cant remember seeing sex on
    pointless or catchphrase so is it back as a social experiment where you see how people interact (this being on a sexual level).

the show has completely lost its identity.The days of just normal people are long gone but they need to drop the Agency selection and get at least 5 people in there who aren't comfy around cameras who's outlook on life doesn't stop once they don't see a reflection of themselves
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's exactly summed up how I feel about the show, you are spot on with the problems thats currently wrong with Channel 5 version and I agree the housemates as I`ve said before are appalling on Channel 5 all fake wannabes, actors models and hookers, its rather sad to see what`s become of the show especially when looking back how it used to be.

If most people had known how Channel 5 would ruin the show when the deal was announced in April 2011 I suspect most including myself wished they hadn`t bothered.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doop wrote: »
    That's exactly summed up how I feel about the show, you are spot on with the problems thats currently wrong with Channel 5 version and I agree the housemates as I`ve said before are appalling on Channel 5 all fake wannabes, actors models and hookers, its rather sad to see what`s become of the show especially when looking back how it used to be.

If most people had known how Channel 5 would ruin the show when the deal was announced in April 2011 I suspect most including myself wished they hadn`t bothered.

been made worse last year they really seemed to be taking steps forward
    the two hours wasn't much but the general hint was just the start of longer this year,
    When it failed on 5* we were easily told 5 times the online feed was doing well serving its purpose and would remain, At no point was anything negative raised about it (unlike the 5* farce).

We are in a situation right now Endemol wants a feed Channel 5 wants a feed but there;s still no feed. I really cant stress this enough at no point this year has anyone said "no there's no feed coming back". That's what's made this so annoying when you hear these people its like okay you all want the feed so where the hell is it!

they still cant see they could have the best of both worlds edit the h,.l show all they want but with a feed that would get the balance that's missing
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is more coverage of T In The Park.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what figures Stand By Your Man has been getting these past few weeks?

Plus this article doesn't seem to be in favour of the show:D
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/scottybryan/believe-it-or-not-there-is-a-dating-show-worse-than-take-me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know what figures Stand By Your Man has been getting these past few weeks?

Plus this article doesn't seem to be in favour of the show:D
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/scottybryan/believe-it-or-not-there-is-a-dating-show-worse-than-take-me

just getting lower and lower if memory serves correctly.
    the show cannot be justified the reason I've taken issue with it Ben frow made such a big deal about money and performance last year. There is no way in hell this show should have made air a complete and utter waste of money.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    same I loathe soaps.
    Its the reason I cant watch just a h/l show even when we had the full 24hr feed would only watch the h.l show for DR bits and the stuff they would mute on the feed.

Thats why BB is now dead to me, I always watched live feed but rarely watched the h/l show, only if there had been a big argument or something to see how they edited it. Quite simply there is nothing for me to watch.

All I have watched this year is the opening night, nothing else. I have no idea who is in there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Thats why BB is now dead to me, I always watched live feed but rarely watched the h/l show, only if there had been a big argument or something to see how they edited it. Quite simply there is nothing for me to watch.

All I have watched this year is the opening night, nothing else. I have no idea who is in there.

exactly its the editing ruined the show without a live feed to counter the crap they show as "fact". I suspect this is why Channel 5 fell silent. Endemol seemed to take the point with good grace but when that was included in the last Channel 5 letter its been total silence.

I covered the tried and tested "time constraint" factor by saying that's used yet they still find time for recaps and endless droning music and pointless bits only there to suggest a romance is going to happen.
  • Options
    Leathertrouser2Leathertrouser2 Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Just waiting for the Viacom deal to be finalised if endemol go back on what the email states going back to Tim Hinks with a copy of what was said,
    Also Ben Frow but I know 100% what you mean

Oathy I say the next part with complete respect and I fully support what you are doing in terms of Channel 5 & live feed however I am slightly confused as to why the E-mail you have received from Endemol can not be shared. Even if you were to display it, Viacom, Endemol are big cooperate companies, iregardless of an E-mail being displayed, they would go ahead with their plans.
  • Options
    livefeed24/7nowlivefeed24/7now Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member
    Oathy I say the next part with complete respect and I fully support what you are doing in terms of Channel 5 & live feed however I am slightly confused as to why the E-mail you have received from Endemol can not be shared. Even if you were to display it, Viacom, Endemol are big cooperate companies, iregardless of an E-mail being displayed, they would go ahead with their plans.

as i understand the situation he's been asked not to share it,like you say he could still share it but it would give endemol a reason to pull up the drawbridge and go into silent mode
    i think the fact that endemol even bothered to reply is significant
    but we'll just have to wait n see
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

since april they started putting disclaimers on the emails.
    before there was nothing and I was either tweeting or posting on my blog.
    but this last one even scared me it started with a disclaimer. the guy then said about the disclaimer then ended with a disclaimer. that's why I'm so annoyed if this does turn out to be another load of bs I will go back to hinks at Endemol its just not fair they should be sharing this information (I suspect as live feed said its just lip service)