Options

Tellymix has pointed out the uneven playing field

silvensilven Posts: 1,412
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In their item entitled: Big Brother 2014: Letters from home... but not for everyone! they pointed out the limitations of the 'public' vote:-

"In a cruel twist, only some of the housemates will get their letters from family and friends.

And it’ll be down to just ONE housemate to decide who gets their letters and who does not.

And that one housemate will be chosen by us (iPhone owning) viewers as part of this week’s People Power twist.

A new poll active now on the Official Big Brother App (available on the App Store for iOS7 users only) asks which housemate should be put in charge of who gets their letters from home.
"

Good for them.

Comments

• Options
    CheddarcakesCheddarcakes Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of them will get them in the end. They always do just a week later
  • Options
    JayDee279JayDee279 Posts: 3,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It'll be hilarious seeing Zoe's not-the-slightest-bit over-the-top reaction to her letter from home after her five whole minutes in the house.
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Silly that they've still not got an android version, even Channel 4's new cheap Sing If You Can or whatever has an android version already and that doesn't even start for another week
  • Options
    SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why they can't do a public vote on the main page like they did yesterday to choose which group was best in the Dance Off. That way EVERYONE has a chance to vote instead of a selected few.
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It happens every year just in a different way. My goodness there has been some old cobblers flying around this year.
  • Options
    BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    Skyrah wrote: »
    I don't understand why they can't do a public vote on the main page like they did yesterday to choose which group was best in the Dance Off. That way EVERYONE has a chance to vote instead of a selected few.

It could be very well they have a deal with Apple.
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    Silly that they've still not got an android version, even Channel 4's new cheap Sing If You Can or whatever has an android version already and that doesn't even start for another week

I am presuming Apple have paid them a sh1t load of money not to.
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless a particular demographic is likely to have an iphone or ipad and that demographic is more likely to support one particular HM then I really don't see it makes a difference. I am guessing that that those who have the app are fairly representative.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    JayDee279 wrote: »
    It'll be hilarious seeing Zoe's not-the-slightest-bit over-the-top reaction to her letter from home after her five whole minutes in the house.

hehe:p
  • Options
    earlofbedlamearlofbedlam Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    Skyrah wrote: »

Channel 5 is obviously getting a backhander for promoting the app. tw*ts
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BeeBumble wrote: »
    It could be very well they have a deal with Apple.

Of course they have. The name of the game this year is product placement.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    It happens every year just in a different way. My goodness there has been some old cobblers flying around this year.
    For once, I actually agree with you :o:D