Candy Crush addiction - ( and other app addictions)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    Watcher #1 wrote: »
    While I'm semi-addicted to Candy Crush (damn you frustratingly random sweets), I only play on FB, so it doesn't cost me a penny.

The only downside is that I can't save the free lives that are waiting for me when I have a full set :( On the plus side, it means that I can only have five goes at a level when I get home, and then I have to do something useful :) )

The thing that made me happiest yesterday was clearing 7 levels after getting past one that had me stuck for a few days :o

doesn't cost anything on the phone/ipad either if you don't want it to :confused:
  • Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,040
    Forum Member
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    doesn't cost anything on the phone/ipad either if you don't want it to :confused:

Don't have a smartphone or an iPad. No cost for the game, no need to buy power ups.
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    off to try conquer 70 but i can never get through it
    Forum Member
    Watcher #1 wrote: »
    Don't have a smartphone or an iPad. No cost for the game, no need to buy power ups.

I'm merely pointing out that it doesn't cost on them either, it's exactly the same as on fb.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,933
    Forum Member
    Its so slow on ipad atm it was fine earlier:(
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its so slow on ipad atm it was fine earlier:(

I had that - make sure you're connected to Facebook. That sorts it!
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hang on, I'm confused. I have only ever played this game on my iphone before but for the first time in ages I logged into my facebook on my laptop tonight and decided to play Candy Crush on the laptop via facebook. However, I noticed that I have some boosters available - 1 striped/wrapped combo, 2 jelly fish and 3 jazzies to be precise. Where did these come from? I certainly didn't buy them. And why don't they show up when I'm playing it on my iphone?
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Hang on, I'm confused. I have only ever played this game on my iphone before but for the first time in ages I logged into my facebook on my laptop tonight and decided to play Candy Crush on the laptop via facebook. However, I noticed that I have some boosters available - 1 striped/wrapped combo, 2 jelly fish and 3 jazzies to be precise. Where did these come from? I certainly didn't buy them. And why don't they show up when I'm playing it on my iphone?

I think you get one-off boosters for using your facebook account and also for using the app as well. you also get occasional boosters as you progress through the chapters - maybe because you haven't logged on for a while, it's stored them all up
    Forum Member

I discovered this a while ago. No idea why but they're free rewads for logging in via mobile, p,aching for certain amouns of time etc. sadly they only show up on fb.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you get one-off boosters for using your facebook account and also for using the app as well. you also get occasional boosters as you progress through the chapters - maybe because you haven't logged on for a while, it's stored them all up
    I discovered this a while ago. No idea why but they're free rewads for logging in via mobile, p,aching for certain amouns of time etc. sadly they only show up on fb.
    Ok.....so technically it's not cheating if I use them...?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok.....so technically it's not cheating if I use them...?

No - have at it. I used all mine fairly sharpish and found i could have done with them on later levels.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No - have at it. I used all mine fairly sharpish and found i could have done with them on later levels.
    So I finally have a chance at beating 147 then.... :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just did it! I just beat level 147 - FINALLY! Why didn't I log into Facebook on my laptop sooner?? Those fish are amazing :D
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuck on 97.:( Last weekend I was still on 29!
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suck it 117! I hate those ingredient levels, glad to be past it
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,933
    Forum Member
    decobelle wrote: »

i love them! theyre my fav
  • lucy777lucy777 Posts: 2,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »

Still on 110 :mad: !!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    A renake of chuckie egg, frogger. , a first persione remake of snake and an app called videofx which lets you do PREDATOR style thermal imaging videos.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Level 133 is bugging me at the moment. It has a generous amount of moves for what the task actually is, there aren't really that many jellies to clear, but for some reason I just can't do this level!
  • TxBelleTxBelle Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on 339, there are only about 20 levels after that.

So how long did it take you to get there and do you have any tips?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TxBelle wrote: »
    So how long did it take you to get there and do you have any tips?

There are no tips ;)
  • PopRocketPopRocket Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    arrrrrgggghhhhh level 97 is so frustrating!!!!! :mad:
    Forum Member
    There are no tips ;)

Sorry to disagree but.....:D:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to disagree but.....:D:p

A "tip" on this game would be like telling a player they have to avoid the ghosts on pacman ..
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    sweh wrote: »
    I've never heard of this game, I'll check it out!

I'm currently addicted to an online pictionary type app game called Charadium. It's sooo good.

I must check this out , I am addicted to 4pics 1 word but waiting for update is painfully slow- my sis in law has iphone and got update days ago- no android update yet :(