Options

Text Santa

ukbadgeukbadge Posts: 363
Forum Member
Surprised not to see a thread about this. More begging from ITV. Don't we get enough of this already on telly. What about a bog standard 'xmas entertainment' programme?

Comments

• Options
    Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Text Santa is a nice idea. Though if not for the ridiculous amount of begging adverts during breaks on every single day it would be more special.
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isnt this just 'Children In Need' with tinsel ?

Yes its a good cause, but lets be honest. 90% of people will record and just fast forward through the begging bits.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A worthy cause, but the line up looks horrendous. I'd give more money if they'd stop making 'Take Me out'.
  • Options
    davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ukbadge wrote: »
    Surprised not to see a thread about this. More begging from ITV. Don't we get enough of this already on telly. What about a bog standard 'xmas entertainment' programme?
    Couldn't agree more - the Friday leading up to Christmas and this is what ITV comes up with. Wont be getting a penny of my hard earned cash I can assure you.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe ITV are still trotting out this crap. Like a very poor Children in Need rip off.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone mentioned it last month in a thread about Children in Need, I admitted that I had never even heard of Text Santa. I looked it up online and they seemed to raise quite a small amount compared with Children in Need which probably fits with its much lower profile - this is the first I had heard of it being tonight.

Being cynical, I wonder if the Friday before Christmas is a quite period with everyone busy doing Christmas shopping so advertising revenue is lower than a normal Friday?
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    Someone mentioned it last month in a thread about Children in Need, I admitted that I had never even heard of Text Santa. I looked it up online and they seemed to raise quite a small amount compared with Children in Need which probably fits with its much lower profile - this is the first I had heard of it being tonight.

Being cynical, I wonder if the Friday before Christmas is a quite period with everyone busy doing Christmas shopping so advertising revenue is lower than a normal Friday?
    They are both for charity so it doesn't really matter how much they raise. It is hardly a competition. It is only running a year or two while Children in Need has been running forever. Last year, Text Santa had really good sketches so hopefully again this year.
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand Ant & Dec and Phil and Holly, but not Paddy and Christine...
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Atrocious line up but is well worth it as every penny goes to the likes of British Heart Foundation, Age UK, as well Hospices around the UK. The only thing I did wish for is that Homeless Charities like Shelter gained from it. Most importantly the money only goes to British Charities. Dig Deep people, there is poverty happening in the UK, where elderly people are without heating & families relying on food banks, despite what that anti benefit brigade & the daily wail want you to think, not everyone has mobile phones & 60" televisions, there are some truly in dire straits. Text Santa is your chance to help those in the UK that don't have hardly anything. I will be donating what I can, as I am also due to donate to the local Homeless charity in the next couple of days as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    There has been way too much Blobby Williams for one year,,,not again
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Atrocious line up but is well worth it as every penny goes to the likes of British Heart Foundation, Age UK, as well Hospices around the UK. The only thing I did wish for is that Homeless Charities like Shelter gained from it. Most importantly the money only goes to British Charities. Dig Deep people, there is poverty happening in the UK, where elderly people are without heating & families relying on food banks, despite what that anti benefit brigade & the daily wail want you to think, not everyone has mobile phones & 60" televisions, there are some truly in dire straits. Text Santa is your chance to help those in the UK that don't have hardly anything. I will be donating what I can, as I am also due to donate to the local Homeless charity in the next couple of days as well.

Yes, and the government continues to sends billions abroad...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They are trying their best, but it feels a bit flat
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bet they were glad to get inside the studio , it must be cold down by the river brrr
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is Philip Schofield on this as well? Can't they allow someone else to host an ITV programme for a change?
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only seen the reindeers and I'm liking it already.
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is Philip Schofield on this as well? Can't they allow someone else to host an ITV programme as well?

do ITV have any other presenters apart from him and vernon kay ?
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ukbadge wrote: »

At least itv only do it once a year, unlike the BBC.
  • Options
    hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always enjoy Text Santa. I think it actually feels more high quality than Children in Need, seems to have less filler and more entertainment yet still has all the emotional films throughout.

And to the person who said it doesn't raise nearly as much as CIN, first of all, like someone else has said, this is only the 3rd year TS has been on whereas CIN has been running from around 1980!

TS does really well and raises lots of money for 6 different charities.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dec looks like Noel Edmonds
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is Philip Schofield on this as well? Can't they allow someone else to host an ITV programme for a change?

Who else have they got? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturday Night Takeaway Text Santa
  • Options
    GJaneway69GJaneway69 Posts: 7,089
    Forum Member
    It's only been on 10 minutes and it's already more entertaining than this years Children in Need was, could do without bloody Barlow again tho :(
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what is this crap
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordyD wrote: »
    Yes, and the government continues to sends billions abroad...

Someone has to help pay for the Chinese and Indian space programmes.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    allyackles wrote: »
    Saturday Night Takeaway Text Santa
    Yup. :D

This is already better than CiN mind.