Samsung tv and recording

Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forums so I hope you'll excuse any mistakes I make. My name is Heather and I live in N.Ireland. I have just bought a Samsung UE40EH5000K tv and I want to know if and how I can record from it.Also where Sky should be tuned in on the set. The technician tuned it in to Channel 1 which is where BBC1 is. You have to press button 1 twice to get the station.

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to record Sky then use the Sky box, or if it is not a Sky + box then swap it for one that is.

If you want to record Freeview (assuming you have an aerial) then use a Freeview PVR.

You don't actually record off the TV. All the TV does is display the output of the Sky box or Freeview PVR. These boxes do the recording all by themselves, they don't even need a TV to be in the same house really (though a bit hard to select the programmes you want to record with out a telly :D)

The Sky box should be connected via SCART or HDMI (depending on whether it's an HD box or not). Which means it should not appear as a channel on the remote. You use an INPUT or SOURCE button on the remote to select the appropriate SCART or HDMI if the TV does not autoselect when the Sky box comes out of standby (SCART only usually for that).

If the Sky box is only connected via an aerial lead then that is the worst possible way to watch it. Unless of course TV and Sky box are not in the same room? If they are side by side then SCART or HDMI is by far the better option.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Hello Chris
    Thanks for all the advice. It was very useful.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    hskelly1 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,
    I'm new to the forums so I hope you'll excuse any mistakes I make. My name is Heather and I live in N.Ireland. I have just bought a Samsung UE40EH5000K tv and I want to know if and how I can record from it.Also where Sky should be tuned in on the set. The technician tuned it in to Channel 1 which is where BBC1 is. You have to press button 1 twice to get the station.

Are you talking about recording to USB memory?

I have the UE40D6530 series and it can record Freeview to usb stick. (only a certain type of memory stick can be used).

You might be able to record Freesat if your TV has Freesat too.

P.s. Looks like that model doesn't have the PVR facility.