Options

Do you have a preference from where to buy Apple products?

Not sure if I should get an IPod Touch from Apple or Amazon.

Price is: Apple > John Lewis > Amazon

but seems most people seem to buy directly from Apple? Are there added benefits from doing this?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's always nice to pluck 'em from your own orchard, but to be honest any supermarket is good enough really.
  • Options
    PretinamaPretinama Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    I don't think there's any real difference. I tend to go to the Apple store, but then I have one near where I work and one in my town.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    A depends on how much free time I have. If I have none then I order online from the Apple website.

If I have a few hours free then I take a run up to the Apple Store in Belfast and have a browse round for an hour or so.

Last thing I bought in-store was my iPad, which was much faster than ordering online. The last thing I bought online was the new Apple TV, Apple HDMI cable and the Apple Battery Charger, all delivered within 2 days.

I have nothing against Amazon or any other retailer but at least with the physical Apple Store you can play with stuff before you buy it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    thanks all
  • Options
    StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apple have a sale today - £15 off iPod Touch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    Stig wrote: »
    Apple have a sale today - £15 off iPod Touch.

yet it's still cheaper on amazon: 166 compared to 174

I might as well go for amazon if there is no other incentive to go directly to apple
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    you can have certain items engraved online at the apple store...
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless you're getting a buy-to-order model go with Amazon for the best price. Next cheapest is the super-secret discounted Apple prices that you can get if you meet certain criteria even if not a student, after that you may as well go to any retailer (or get a price match at John Lewis).
  • Options
    WeeksyWeeksy Posts: 6,139
    Forum Member
    Apple store... its just nice to go in there and for once not be playing with the products with no intention of buying!!