Options

The lighting in the Stadium has been Fantastic

TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The lightlng has been amazing, set the standard for all BIG events from now on.

Well Done

Comments

• Options
    Stone_JonesStone_Jones Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Yes, it was phenomenal. The company responsible for the lighting should get some award in the next Queen's honours list! Epic stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it was phenomenal. The company responsible for the lighting should get some award in the next Queen's honours list!

Agree, its been an eye opener what they can do now
  • Options
    Neda_TurkNeda_Turk Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    I think nearly everything was near perfect and the Cauldron was, well I can't talk about that without blubbing and I've done enough of that tonight.

Also the state of the art wire work (Overhead wire system that 'flew' everything: People and rings!

And the scenery people and movers - The planning in getting things in and out was epic!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neda_Turk wrote: »
    I think nearly everything was near perfect and the Cauldron was, well I can't talk about that without blubbing and I've done enough of that tonight.

Also the state of the art wire work (Overhead wire system that 'flew' everything: People and rings!

And the scenery people and movers - The planning in getting things in and out was epic!

I am not a one for opening ceremonies, but I really enjoyed ours a few weeks ago, I may be sad but I have watched it a few times.

The bringing together of the rings was brill

Not sure if I will watch the closing again but, again, the lighting over the two ceremonies, outstanding.
  • Options
    Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most days someone asked on here what those black boxes were by everyone's seat in the Olympic stadium, now you know!

Must say that was a superb idea and one I dont think I've ever seen done in other stadiums.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    It was incredible.

All the people who whined about the design of the stadium should learn a lesson.

Don't judge something when you've only seen sketches, or while it's a building site.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Psycho_Ned wrote: »
    Most days someone asked on here what those black boxes were by everyone's seat in the Olympic stadium, now you know!

Must say that was a superb idea and one I dont think I've ever seen done in other stadiums.

and one that I believe all big events will have to follow.
  • Options
    Stone_JonesStone_Jones Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    If people didn't enjoy that show, well, they got no soul. How could you not be moved by that? The sheer spectacle. Without wishing to sound pretentious, the show summed up the human spirit. It shows you what humans can do (okay, having nine billion quid helps too! :D).

The Olympics is perhaps the best example of what people can achieve when they put their prejudices to one side and come together. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If people didn't enjoy that show well, they got no soul. How could you not be moved by that? The sheer spectacle. Without wishing to sound pretentious, the show summed up the human spirit. It shows you what humans can do (okay, having nine billion quid helps too! :D).

The Olympics is perhaps the best example of what people can achieve when they put their prejudices to one side and come together. :)

Well said
  • Options
    lexemelexeme Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    and one that I believe all big events will have to follow.

Indeed but we actually followed on from the Pan Arab Games ceremonies which (i think) were the first to use the technology on a grand scale in a stadium.

They went one step further though and had 3D projections on the entire stadium floor, the LEDs in the seating were used as an extension of the projected floor screen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexeme wrote: »
    Indeed but we actually followed on from the Pan Arab Games ceremonies which (i think) were the first to use the technology on a grand scale in a stadium.

They went one step further though and had 3D projections on the entire stadium floor, the LEDs in the seating were used as an extension of the projected screen.

Well whoever did it first, Fantastic to watch