Peter Andre Upsetting The Locals In Malta

Comments

• artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh be fair!
    No-one with a normal,everyday Dad would be able to think of them as well as PA does.
    The man has won AWARDS for his selfless service to Daddydom ffs.
    We are truly not worthy.:rolleyes:

I don't know what would have happened to the human race if he and Tango had not come along to tell us how to parent. We would have continued on in a unnaturally unorange fashion, thinking that privacy and dignity were genuinely good concepts and listening to music that was not heavily influenced/copied from someone whose death gave them a relevance they had not had for about a decade.

We would never have known the joy of adding ZZA to any random noun, the life-affirmation that comes from joining two words together to make another, wholly unnecessary word, or the power that comes from having some-one else intone your internal monologue.

We would never have seen the step-by-step guide to how to court each other in public, how to court publicity when you are courting each other in public, how to make a career out of a fauxmance, how to make a marriage out of a fauxmance, how to make a tv show out of a marriage and how to publicly put your beloved children through hell to show how much you love them.

We owe them a great debt.
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what would have happened to the human race if he and Tango had not come along to tell us how to parent. We would have continued on in a unnaturally unorange fashion, thinking that privacy and dignity were genuinely good concepts and listening to music that was not heavily influenced/copied from someone whose death gave them a relevance they had not had for about a decade.

We would never have known the joy of adding ZZA to any random noun, the life-affirmation that comes from joining two words together to make another, wholly unnecessary word, or the power that comes from having some-one else intone your internal monologue.

We would never have seen the step-by-step guide to how to court each other in public, how to court publicity when you are courting each other in public, how to make a career out of a fauxmance, how to make a marriage out of a fauxmance, how to make a tv show out of a marriage and how to publicly put your beloved children through hell to show how much you love them.

:D:D:D:D:D
    Love it.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    The anger seems more directed at the mayor for not having a public consultation and for selecting someone who is non-Maltese. Was Pete supposed to turn down the honour, surely that would have been more offensive to the locals?

Ah cmon. :D As if the locals would give a toss. And plainly they don't. Or rather, they do, but that's because he accepted. Why try and paint him as someone celebrated and influential enough to have the power to offend? If it was eg. Sting maybe, I'd see your point, but the Cheesy DOTY? Come off it.

All he had to do was say 'Mayor Dingli, honoured as I am to be considered for such a prestigious role, I'm not really fit for post, what with not being remotely cultured or influential and in fact, I'd probably be an Anti-Ambassador, an, if you will, Ambassador of Embarrassmentage and Valletta would suffer as a result.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the posts in this thread are hilarious. :D:D Keep them coming. :):)

I'm so glad you've grown to understand our level of ridicule in this thread.:D
    Oh be fair!
    No-one with a normal,everyday Dad would be able to think of them as well as PA does.
    The man has won AWARDS for his selfless service to Daddydom ffs.
    We are truly not worthy.:rolleyes:
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Oh please!:rolleyes:Like those kind of negotiations take place in public! Peter Andre is incapable of turning down anything that will get him publicity (Marriage to Jordan, Mayonnaise lids for being Bestdadintheworld and now Cultural embarrassment to Malta.). I'm sure the Mayor just didn't decide to bestow the honour on him after seeing him at the Maltese awards! There would have been quiet approaches from one side to the other.

lexi22 wrote: »
    Ah cmon. :D As if the locals would give a toss. And plainly they don't. Or rather, they do, but that's because he accepted. Why try and paint him as someone celebrated and influential enough to have the power to offend? If it was eg. Sting maybe, I'd see your point, but the Cheesy DOTY? Come off it.

All he had to do was say 'Mayor Dingli, honoured as I am to be considered for such a prestigious role, I'm not really fit for post, what with not being remotely cultured or influential and in fact, I'd probably be an Anti-Ambassador, an, if you will, Ambassador of Embarrassmentage and Valletta would suffer as a result.

Pure unadulterated brilliance.:D:D
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so glad you've grown to understand our level of ridicule in this thread.:D

I think the whole subject is just a riot DD. :D The fact that little Malta (of all places) has become involved, just makes it even funnier! :D

Not to mention I'll be forever grateful for the introduction to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnjrfmuq_qg&list=FLYVzm-TYcDMWChuvVNCM4Ug&index=2 They're brilliant! :D
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »

Do NOT give him ideas!
    Although I'm not sure that something as mundane as President of Cyprus is fit for someone with the awesome, magnitudinous talent of PA.
    Supreme High Commander of the Universe surely?
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As Cyprus has not called him to appear for them in the Eurovision song contest maybe Malta might want him:) His wife failed to get through, maybe he could do one better:eek:
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt PA is taking it all that seriously, it seems he won best international artist too, which is amusing.I mean its Malta we are talking about here,a little island..I dont blame the locals for complaining that one of their own was not chosen.
    I never disliked him, though I can see that he is a bit cringey, immature and emotive.He has his good points and his bad. He did not deal with the marriage breakup very well and got drawn into too much negativity but neither did his ex. nor many other divorcees.It happens in emotional situations like divorce that people act badly and forget the impact on their kids.
    Both KP and PA are guilty of this and both love attention and fame. They are very similar but to be fair KP goes to more extremes for attention even than PA or any other Zlister for that matter. I don't know why KP fans attack him and excuse her behaviour.
    I don't think many people are interested in their lives now, people have had enough. He has certainly upgraded with that new g/f, very classy.She is an intelligent , hot quality woman, maybe the guy is not as bad as he is made out to be, to snare her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »
    I doubt PA is taking it all that seriously, it seems he won best international artist too, which is amusing.I mean its Malta we are talking about here,a little island..I dont blame the locals for complaining that one of their own was not chosen.

Good, because we are not, either. Well, we the Anti-pa's.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never disliked him, though I can see that he is a bit cringey, immature and emotive.He has his good points and his bad. He did not deal with the marriage breakup very well and got drawn into too much negativity but neither did his ex. nor many other divorcees.It happens in emotional situations like divorce that people act badly and forget the impact on their kids.
    Both KP and PA are guilty of this and both love attention and fame. They are very similar but to be fair KP goes to more extremes for attention even than PA or any other Zlister for that matter. I don't know why KP fans attack him and excuse her behaviour.
    I don't think many people are interested in their lives now, people have had enough. He has certainly upgraded with that new g/f, very classy.She is an intelligent , hot quality woman, maybe the guy is not as bad as he is made out to be, to snare her.

Are you serious?:eek:

Classy.............lmao :D:D:D

What classy woman would be seen dead out with that abomination?:yawn:
  • momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good, because we are not, either. Well, we the Anti-pa's.

Nor me ! the pro-pa :D

It's got to be joke though....surely ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    momma11 wrote: »
    Nor me ! the pro-pa :D

It's got to be joke though....surely ?

You mean Pa. right?

:D
  • momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mean Pa. right?

:D

Ha ha ! :p
    I mean .... certainly not ! the very idea :eek::D
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cazzz wrote: »
    As Cyprus has not called him to appear for them in the Eurovision song contest maybe Malta might want him:) His wife failed to get through, maybe he could do one better:eek:

Careful, you might upset poor young Kiev - as he keeps reminding everyone on Twitter, Kate's his wife now.
    He has certainly upgraded with that new g/f, very classy.She is an intelligent , hot quality woman, maybe the guy is not as bad as he is made out to be, to snare her.

Quite agree but then Emily has the advantage of knowing the actual man rather than the caricature drawn by some posters who have no first hand experience of him. I'd put money on them announcing their engagement in the near future.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Careful, you might upset poor young Kiev - as he keeps reminding everyone on Twitter, Kate's his wife now.

Quite agree but then Emily has the advantage of knowing the actual man rather than the caricature drawn by some posters who have no first hand experience of him. I'd put money on them announcing their engagement in the near future.

In a two page spread in OK? I don't think any of us would be shocked by that.:D
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they do I hope it's a one-off in aid of HIPZ. They've been datiing for over 6 months and there's been no joint interviews or OK spreads so far which suggests that he's keeping this relationship far more private.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

On his show, no doubt, with the narrator providing running commentry while Pete tells us he wants to keep it very private. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im finding it hard to believe he actually won "best international artist" and I cant find a list of the other nominees.

http://www.di-ve.com/lifestyle/malta-music-awards-2013-nominees

It says he was a "special" international guest, who performed. No one can dispute the fact he is "special":D:D:D but not seriously best international artist.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »
    Im finding it hard to believe he actually won "best international artist" and I cant find a list of the other nominees.

It says he was a "special" international guest, who performed. No one can dispute the fact he is "special":D:D:D but not seriously best international artist.

Oh no, he is a very international artist - his nationality seems to change to suit his mood/topic/audience.

Australian/Greek/English...you wait, he'll do a Who do You think you Are and will suddenly become Peider O'Andre - just to cover Ireland and Northern Europe, too.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member

I think it more likely that some event only he attended "to opening any envelope"
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently he and whatsherface were treated like a King and Queen when they went to Malta music awards.

Writing in his new! magazine column, he said: ''Emily and I had an amazing time in Malta last week and were treated like a king and queen! While we were there, we were invited to the President's palace - which was incredible - and we also visited a local children's hospital.

I was in Malta to perform at the Malta Music Awards, and as a surprise they gave me the Cultural Ambassador award for my charity work, in addition to the Best International Artist award.''

While Emily enjoyed herself on the trip, Peter said its only the tip of the iceberg, as he is lining up even more special treats for the love of his life.

Writing in his new! magazine column, he revealed: ''Emily hasn't really been on any trips like that with me, and it was a real treat. I can't wait to spoil her even more.''

Source: http://www.contactmusic.com/news/peter-andre-was-a-king-in-malta_3503844
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    Apparently he and whatsherface were treated like a King and Queen when they went to Malta music awards.

Writing in his new! magazine column, he said: ''Emily and I had an amazing time in Malta last week and were treated like a king and queen! While we were there, we were invited to the President's palace - which was incredible - and we also visited a local children's hospital.

I was in Malta to perform at the Malta Music Awards, and as a surprise they gave me the Cultural Ambassador award for my charity work, in addition to the Best International Artist award.''

While Emily enjoyed herself on the trip, Peter said its only the tip of the iceberg, as he is lining up even more special treats for the love of his life.

Writing in his new! magazine column, he revealed: ''Emily hasn't really been on any trips like that with me, and it was a real treat. I can't wait to spoil her even more.''

Source: http://www.contactmusic.com/news/peter-andre-was-a-king-in-malta_3503844

And I'll ensure an ITV2 camera crew is with us to capture every single private and intimate moment of me spoiling her and being the bestboyfriendintheworldeverwholoveshisgirlfriendmorethananyothermanaliveanddon'tforgettomentionilovemykidsjustasmuch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"There will also be a special Best International Artist award which this year will be given to Belgian-Australian artist Gotye for the international smash hit Somebody that I Used to Know."

Maybe they made up an award on the spot for Pete if he agreed to promote Valletta on his show? That Mayor Dingli sounds like a man reading from the CAN opportunistic hymnsheet.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    And I'll ensure an ITV2 camera crew is with us to capture every single private and intimate moment of me spoiling her and being the bestboyfriendintheworldeverwholoveshisgirlfriendmorethananyothermanaliveanddon'tforgettomentionilovemykidsjustasmuch.

Can't wait to see them sat on thrones with crowns on their heads with him pulling that face that makes it look like he has smelt something horrible