Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this has been discussed (I'm assuming)
    But I'm actually wondering if "little me" will get an EP release and if it'll be last week December or first week January?

They would probably go preform "little me" in December til EP release and try and work out album sales first.

Then hopefully 3rd single is after Demi tour. I
    Think it'd be a disaster if 3rd single is during Demi tour.

I do wonder if they are going to send a single to USA radio. As far as I know "move" hasn't been sent. Perhaps
    They will see how "little me" does in USA digital downloads (if release before album)...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    davem1234 wrote: »
    in other news buzzjack are saying 1D has sold around 115k albums

I highly doubt that sale figure is accurate tbh. Yes they have a dedicated fanbase but I don't think it's big enough for them to shift 115k in just one day. They weren't big enough to help them get a #1 single for Story of My Life after all. And seeing the amount of negative comments their album has received so far, I'm doubtful it'll do that much better than their previous ones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »
    I highly doubt that sale figure is accurate tbh. Yes they have a dedicated fanbase but I don't think it's big enough for them to shift 115k in just one day. They weren't big enough to help them get a #1 single for Story of My Life after all. And seeing the amount of negative comments their album has received so far, I'm doubtful it'll do that much better than their previous ones.

I think that figure is pretty accurate. Buzzjack are normally reliable. ..... I think this is just based on their pre orders so I think they will sell 200K

Is there any news on where Salute is on the chart ?
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There ya go!

@LittleMixOffic 13m
    #LittleMe is @BBCR1's #TrackOfTheDay! Take a photo of you Shazaming the track when you hear it ;) Mixers HQ x #Exciting #LittleMeOnRadio1

Haha nice! Didnt know this as I didn't listen to radio 1 today
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Potentially the 1st celebrity endorsement on Twitter from Eliza Doolittle.

"Hey @LittleMixOffic love your new song!"

Still not sure whether people are talking about Move or Little Me though.
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    the girls were filming Alan Carr Christmas special today
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also Scott Mills said its out on 23rd December so I expect we won't hear much of it on Radio 1 for a few weeks now. Capital have it playlisted but 'Move' very much still seems the flavour of choice at the moment, people still loving it.
    the girls were filming Alan Carr Christmas special today

Little Me will be performed on here no doubt, nicely timed with the release.
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Rizzle Kicks ‏@RizzleKicks 22 Nov
    Oi Little Mix are giving me that throwback to early 00's R&B pop kinda vibe and I like it!
    Retweeted by Little Mix
  • JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim_A wrote: »
    Also Scott Mills said its out on 23rd December so I expect we won't hear much of it on Radio 1 for a few weeks now. Capital have it playlisted but 'Move' very much still seems the flavour of choice at the moment, people still loving it.

If the release date is the 23rd, R1 should be playlisting it this week/next week. Plus they've taken Move off the playlist so there's no reason for them to not put Little Me on it. Radio don't generally change their playlist much over/just after the Christmas period, so it should stay playlisted for a while.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rizzle Kicks ‏@RizzleKicks 22 Nov
    Oi Little Mix are giving me that throwback to early 00's R&B pop kinda vibe and I like it!
    Retweeted by Little Mix

I think this was posted a few pages back.

I like Alan Carr he makes me laugh. Still can't get over the Tulisa comment last year which made them all uncomfortable. ha.

I wonder if LM will ever get a spot on Ellen Degeneres? That would be a good slot to get whilst in the US!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if LM will ever get a spot on Ellen Degeneres? That would be a good slot to get whilst in the US!

Unlikely I would say, unless they are able to 'tag along' with somebody else like Kelly Rowland for a performance, similar to how Simon Cowell dragged 5H along with him for his recent appearance.

A lot will depend on how popular the lead US single is. Buzz will lead to invitations for tv shows, nobody really knows who they are at the moment. Just imagine 'Salute' being performed in a TV studio though :o Seriously, the lead single has to be something else. Same for 'Move', not likely to impress that much in those circumstances.
  • Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What other shows have they yet appear on to promote Little Me?

Loose Women
    Alan Carr (Xmas)
    Graham Norton
    Sunday Brunch
    Text Santa is a maybe..

Shows They can appear on but management probaly havent heard of..
    Jonathan Ross
    Paul O Grady Show
    Blue Peter

Any Others?
  • sniffingchocakesniffingchocake Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Gabrielle was really gushing, when Leigh said she had bought her new album (has this been posted)
    "@GabrielleUk: @LittleMixOffic Wow thank you so much. You girls are fierce, your harmonies are amazing been a fan for a long time. Thank you Leigh-Anne Xx"

Glad they are on at least one chat show over chrimbo, hope there are more promo opportunities lined up.
    Forum Member
    What other shows have they yet appear on to promote Little Me?

Loose Women
    Alan Carr (Xmas)
    Graham Norton
    Sunday Brunch
    Text Santa is a maybe.?

Arent they doing a Christmas card thing for text Santa already?, I guess an appearence or at least a pre- record should be lined up for that?

Maybe they could do BBC breakfast, cant imagine strictly letting them on
  • Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arent they doing a Christmas card thing for text Santa already?, I guess an appearence or at least a pre- record should be lined up for that?

Maybe they could do BBC breakfast, cant imagine strictly letting them on

What i meant. I put text santa as a maybe because we know they are doing xmas cards for them but we dont know if they are performing for them.
    Forum Member
    What i meant. I put text santa as a maybe because we know they are doing xmas cards for them but we dont know if they are performing for them.

Oh right I thought you put them as possibilities for any type of appearence
    Forum Member
    there is the X factor final Saturday and Sunday, but can't see it happening
    Forum Member
    Tim_A wrote: »

Little Me will be performed on here no doubt, nicely timed with the release.

I really hope this is the official release date, it has to be released late Dec or early Jan. A lot of the low charting of their previous singles were due to bad timing, putting out a catchy ballad during Xmas time is the best they can do really.
    Forum Member
    there is the X factor final Saturday and Sunday, but can't see it happening
    Cant see them performing on that and theyve already done little me on xtra so that rules that out too damn
    Maybe they will be interviewed on it like last year, they can at least plug the single!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda wonder if "little me" could he released as a charity single for that BeatBullying charity they were wearing wristbands for ???
    Forum Member
    I have seen some people on twitter say the same thing about a charity single for beat bullying
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then hopefully 3rd single is after Demi tour. I Think it'd be a disaster if 3rd single is during Demi tour.

What? The Demi tour is the perfect time to be doing single promotion in the US. I dont know about the UK 3rd single (is that what you meant?) but they absolutely have to be touting a song while they're physically in the US and frankly I dont see Little Me being that single. I dont know about Move since they already released it as a gratis track either. To me that leaves Salute or Nothing Feels Like You - which would be a third single in the UK.
    Just imagine 'Salute' being performed in a TV studio though Seriously, the lead single has to be something else. Same for 'Move', not likely to impress that much in those circumstances.

I can and I dont see that being odd at all.
    Forum Member
    I really can't see NFLY being a single tbh, that song sounds like a mess to me, it's no single material, About The Boy might do it.

This album is really lacking standout single potential tracks apart from maybe one or two tracks.
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the title track Salute would make a great next single. It's so catchy and punchy. 'Atten-tion!!'
This discussion has been closed.