New superman Vs Batman film

Comments

• deano0501deano0501 Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    It's both. Anything Kryptonian is harmful to Clark - metals & other hard objects, atmosphere and of course Kryptonite (although the last of those remain to be covered within this universe).
    Precisely which is why his costume couldn't be penetrated by fire. It's established that different Kryptonian houses wear different colours. Jor-El wears exactly the same suit in the beginning before it's covered with armour. Only Zod and his cronies wear black because they're soldiers and so fourth.
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    Well, this is what we're debating right now. MOS has established some weaknesses with regards to Kryptonian materials and atmospheres - both of which Batman can use to his advantage.

Hmmm... but surely the longer he exposes himself to the Kryptonian technology / environment the more of a resistance he'll develop. Wasn't there a scene where he was in Zod's ship strapped down and then a little later he broke free relatively easily? Then continued to punch a hole through the hull without any visible discomfort.
    So any future exposure would no longer affect him??
    I think I'd prefer an introduction of kryptonite really. It'd be a much better tool for the narrative rather than having to second guess what he is and what he isn't 'allergic' to.

As for the suit, I still prefer the version of him creating his suit from the materials that swathed him as a baby in his escape pod. (Helluva lot of material mind... ;-)) rather than a conveniently correctly sized suit.
    "Here Kal... this is the fashion of our people, wear it with pride. Since I've been dead a few decades while you've been travelling through space, and you're the first natural born Kryptonian in centuries, I'll have no idea how tall you'll become... so... hope it fits."
  • deano0501deano0501 Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also...

If Kal-El had a pre-existing affliction to Krypton elements, why would his parents put him in an escape pod made of the same metals? He would've been dead before he left the Kryptonian system.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hanz zimmer is composing the film. get in
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    satman17 wrote: »
    I have a massive concern about this film, ok Ben aflick is going to be batman I can handle that one but how can superman with his superhero powers go up against a normal human being with a utility belt?

Bruce Wayne will have acquired some Kryptonite somehow.:D

That must be the only way, because otherwise it would be like putting HM The Queen in a boxing match against Wladimir Klitschko!:o
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    It'll be a success because Superman/Batman fans will pay to see any old crap.

Man of Steel was god awful. A complete and total mess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    It'll be a success because Superman/Batman fans will pay to see any old crap.

Man of Steel was god awful. A complete and total mess.

I've enjoyed every other Christopher Nolan film that I've seen. I'm a fan of earlier Superman films and the TV show. So I really looked forward to Man of Steel and was disappointed. It just didn't hit the mark.

It would have been better if they'd trimmed it down. The fight scenes were too drawn out.

Also, they didn't do much with Lois. In the Christopher Reeve films Lois was a much stronger character. In the TV series she was ambitious and a bit ditsy.

Maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't looked forward to it so much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i feel MoS gets better with every rewatch, i really like it.

not sure how sequel will fare though, direction is key.
  • mediaratmediarat Posts: 358
    Forum Member

Also, they didn't do much with Lois. In the Christopher Reeve films Lois was a much stronger character. In the TV series she was ambitious and a bit ditsy.

Lois is usually just a bit of a dick who stupidly wanders into danger and superman comes and saves her.

In MoS she is a journalist who tracks down superman by doing some actual investigations and following the clues, she's also the best actress to inhabit the role.

she's not necessarily better or worse but she's at least more real.
  • mediaratmediarat Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    i feel MoS gets better with every rewatch, i really like it.

not sure how sequel will fare though, direction is key.

i agree, i thought it was good at the cinema, have watched it 4 times since and i have really enjoyed it every time. there's bits i don't care for but the action is spot on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mediarat wrote: »
    i agree, i thought it was good at the cinema, have watched it 4 times since and i have really enjoyed it every time. there's bits i don't care for but the action is spot on.

yeh, after cinema i said 3/5

after rewatches i would say its 4/5, i prefer it to iron man 2/3,both captain americas and a few others so its v good comic book movie imo
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    So Zack Snyder had officially been hired to direct a Justice League film, which will come right after this Superman vs Batman film.

I'm really happy with this news. It means that although they're shoving all these cast members into BvS they're not trying to make it into the justice league. Good news indeed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    exciting news for sure.
    Forum Member
    Actually I've read since that the JL movie is rumoured for a 2017 release as they might be shooting BvS and JL back to back. Just a rumour though.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With the failure that was the Green Lantern movie methinks the ptb wouldn't want to risk shelling out for the JL movie until they know BvS is a hit.
    Forum Member
    Oh they're going about this the right way. It's the complete opposite to Marvel. Introduce all the members at the end of BvS after Bats and Supes take center stage for most of the film and lead the way into a catastrophe for the JL film.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol can see the haters refusing to like this one already.
  • David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Oh they're going about this the right way. It's the complete opposite to Marvel. Introduce all the members at the end of BvS after Bats and Supes take center stage for most of the film and lead the way into a catastrophe for the JL film.

But then you have the problem of the audience not caring about the other characters or knowing much or even anything about their origins. It has to attract a casual audience too not just the fans.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they're going the "all at once rather than build up via solo movies" route then the initial issues of the New52 JL comic (recently sorta turned into an animated movie) would be a perfect formula to mirror. Each hero gets introduced one by one and given enough time to show what they can do and have them interact with the heroes already shown. The animated version failed for me cos it felt all too rushed as I was forever going "wait.. what?! slow down dammit". What would work for me would be a 2-parter JL movie, where they space out the introductions.
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    deano0501 wrote: »
    Also...

If Kal-El had a pre-existing affliction to Krypton elements, why would his parents put him in an escape pod made of the same metals? He would've been dead before he left the Kryptonian system.

Baby Kal-El is unaffected by Kryptonite because he was born on Krypton, it is Earth's yellow sun that gives him his super powers and Kryptonite essentially makes him normal or vulnerable to most thing which harm a human.

Kryptonian's didn't possess super powers on Krypton because Earths sun was millions of light years away.
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm... but surely the longer he exposes himself to the Kryptonian technology / environment the more of a resistance he'll develop. Wasn't there a scene where he was in Zod's ship strapped down and then a little later he broke free relatively easily? Then continued to punch a hole through the hull without any visible discomfort. So any future exposure would no longer affect him??

If you remember - Jor-El changed the atmosphere on the ship to that of Earth's so Superman could regain his powers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CYS9U5O2Vk
    I think I'd prefer an introduction of kryptonite really. It'd be a much better tool for the narrative rather than having to second guess what he is and what he isn't 'allergic' to.

Meh. Kryptonite gets old very, very fast and usually makes the writers lazy as they start to use it as the go-to plot device - watch any episode of Smallville for instance.
    As for the suit, I still prefer the version of him creating his suit from the materials that swathed him as a baby in his escape pod. (Helluva lot of material mind... ;-)) rather than a conveniently correctly sized suit.

I actually like the version in Birthright where Martha and Clark make the suit in order to follow the fashion of the Kryptonian people. I suppose that's what you call having it both ways.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also...

Not necessarily. His ship landed, it didn't crash so he would have been unharmed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've enjoyed every other Christopher Nolan film that I've seen. I'm a fan of earlier Superman films and the TV show. So I really looked forward to Man of Steel and was disappointed. It just didn't hit the mark.

It's not really a Christopher Nolan film though...sure, it was produced by him but it was directed and written by Zack Snyder and David Goyer - two inferior film makers.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While I would agree that Goyer is an inferior filmmaker (just look at Blade Trinity! :( ), he only wrote Man of Steel, and he's generally OK when he's just writing. Don't forget that he also wrote or co-wrote the stories for The Dark Knight Trilogy, and co-wrote the screenplay for Batman Begins. He also wrote the two good Blade films.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    While I would agree that Goyer is an inferior filmmaker (just look at Blade Trinity! :( ), he only wrote Man of Steel, and he's generally OK when he's just writing. Don't forget that he also wrote or co-wrote the stories for The Dark Knight Trilogy, and co-wrote the screenplay for Batman Begins. He also wrote the two good Blade films.

Goyer is what you call an "idea man". He is great at coming up with concepts, themes and general story outline but don't let him execute those ideas in any shape or form. Don't let him write an actual screenplay. As a story teller he is incoherent, contradictory and doesn't pay attention to detail. If Man of Steel suffered from anything it was Goyer's terrible script and a director who cant recognise a terrible script when he's holding one (Zack Snyder).

Goyer co-wrote Batman Begins - and by co-wrote I mean he wrote the first draft then Christopher Nolan saw how horrible it was and basically rewrote most of it. Then because Christopher Nolan wasn't a comic book buff and needed somebody who could give him information about canon he put Goyer on "story" and got his brother to co-write the screenplay for Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises. So Goyer's involvement in the Dark Knight trilogy was minimal. The Nolan brothers were the brains behind that operation.

I really hope WB don't call him back to write the Justice League script.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i liked blade trinity..........