eastenders. charlie not a copper. what did everyone think?

badbbadb Posts: 308
Forum Member
ok this week was ok. it started with the continuing fallout from abi not getting into liverpool university. after spending the whole morning on the phone she got a place in bolton on an animal biology course. its a step in the right direction to becoming a vet. max wasnt too pleased with the idea of jay moving up with abi but abi was right. who can stop jay. max was in a bad mood all day that day over charlie cotton's family intrusion. but technically he is family to max. and speaking of charlie it emerged that he was working in a care home and not a police station although i question that because he did tell emma he was special ops. when nick was coming too close for comfort his mother decided to flee to ireland. charlie refused to go and never left even when his car was vandalized

elsewhere lee and whitney got together. peter and lola are on a knife edge regarding there relationship. i think peter isnt being fair. he just used a date with lola to spy on lauren's date with dean. which in the end she ended up in bed with him.

we also saw that linda carter was not having the best of times as mick's repuitation was in tatters over the rainie story. ian on the other hand was all set to send patrick into a care home but changed his mind at the last minute.

anyway im off to morocco tomorrow so the next thread will be on the night of monday september 1st. what did everyone think of this weeks episodes?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    I know a lot of people criticised the whole charlie being caretaker, but i thought it was hilarious, the way he tricked emma lol but now i want to know why has he got a nice car... Max just annoys me, he just wants to be around women left right centre, worse than a hormonal teenager. Linda needs to get over it, oh enjoy your holiday
  • EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heres what I'm thinking! How on earth can someone afford a flash car like that on a caretaker's salary?

I'm thinking maybe Charlie and Yvonne may have taken out some sort of life insurance on nick before they faked his death, I know its not very realistic but it is only a soap after all plus its been done countless on tv in the past in drama series', movies etc
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    I was absolutely gobsmacked when I found out he wasn't a real copper. So he's been pretending the whole time ? You could have knocked me down with a feather. It's just sunk in how clever and devious the writers are.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it. In between changing bedpans and scrubbing old people, Charlie gets to run around playing PC Plod. When he's driving I bet he sits there making 'nee naw nee naw nee naw' noises, the impotent swine.
  • james_killroyjames_killroy Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £500 Charlie stole from that man is the money he used to pay of Bianca's loan. Which only needed £500 more paying if you remember.

If Charlie was rolling in money or dealing drugs he would not have to steal a mear £500 from an old man.
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heres what I'm thinking! How on earth can someone afford a flash car like that on a caretaker's salary?

I'm thinking maybe Charlie and Yvonne may have taken out some sort of life insurance on nick before they faked his death, I know its not very realistic but it is only a soap after all plus its been done countless on tv in the past in drama series', movies etc

It looks like a 645i. That one is a 2005 plate so probably cost around £10k. It looks flash but the private plate throws you into thinking it's not almost 10 years old. It's in good nick though.

I'm sad he's a lowly caretaker cleaning up toilets filled with old people poop. There's no coming back from the police lie so it prevents a decent relationship with Dot. That's another grandchild she has that's fraudulent.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its all subterfuge so no surprises