Options

The Gypsy Matchmaker - Ch4

Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
Forum Member
✭✭
Well this is interesting...:o

Definitely don't agree with getting 13 year olds married they shouldn't live here if they wanna do that tbh & if they do why not wait till their 16 ( even if I dont think 16 is old enough).

Comments

• Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    The cattle market is in session.

Girls are nothing but slaves to 14 year old boys!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If Adrian is man enough to be married and getting 14 year old girls pregnant, why is he deemed not old enough to arrange to buy his own wife?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Adrian is man enough to be married and getting 14 year old girls pregnant, why is he deemed not old enough to arrange to buy his own wife?

Who knows very weird culture.

I'm glad Essemay (sp?) family said no, she could do a lot with her life then being married at 15 they're right.
  • Options
    malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant response from the matriarch :D

"We live in a new world now"
    "This early marraige is no good"

Lovely to hear a change of heart and approach, given opportunity and information....
  • Options
    jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    That grandmother should have taken the money and used it to get her teeth fixed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    malaikah wrote: »

Lovely to hear a change of heart and approach, given opportunity and information....

Yes but she is a female in a male dominant culture. She won't generally be listened to.

Let's face it, what they call culture is just a backward culture stuck in the past and refusing to update at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How old do you have to be to drive there then?
  • Options
    jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    I wish this Hungarian woman would post on here, she'd go down a storm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeeze did that woman with gun forget to take her meds? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well if they don't like the reception wherever they go, then stop breaking the laws of that country!

I can't go to any country with the excuse "Well I can do that in my country", so why should they? If you don't agree with a countries laws, then don't go there! I wouldn't!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    is it wear a shiny suit day
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    Seeing quite a lot of negativity, even though the meeting with the grandmother turned out positive for the girl.

It was clear the grandmother didn't want to marry off the girl due to recognising the opportunities she could have getting an education and independence. You can call their culture immoral and weird, but that was a huge step in a positive direction if you ask me. That girl actually has a chance to become more than just a baby maker.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    That looked like the bar scene in Star Wars
  • Options
    swaydogswaydog Posts: 5,653
    Forum Member
    malaikah wrote: »

Now if they just just have a change of heart about the thieving, swindling, poncing etc. They might be more accepted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    s_bowes_uk wrote: »
    Seeing quite a lot of negativity, even though the meeting with the grandmother turned out positive for the girl.

It was clear the grandmother didn't want to marry off the girl due to recognising the opportunities she could have getting an education and independence. You can call their culture immoral and weird, but that was a huge step in a positive direction if you ask me. That girl actually has a chance to become more than just a baby maker.

So all they have done is to move on to finding someone who will ignoring the one that won't!

So no change has been affected as a woman's views are irrelevant to them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow it's been emotional! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are we supposed to feel sorry for these F....ers or something?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    So all they have done is to move on to finding someone who will ignoring the one that won't!

So no change has been affected as a woman's views are irrelevant to them.

You're being very cynical if you can't see why the girl being given a chance to make a life for herself on her own terms is not a good thing. Furthermore, you're overlooking the fact that a woman made the final decision of that meeting, not the man.
  • Options
    DebDynamiteDebDynamite Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    I do feel for Adrian. He seems like a good kid who didn't really seem all that pushed to get married. He seemed crazy about Esme and would probably be just as happy to have her as a girlfriend.

Interesting that Shenko never worked all the time he'd been in the UK, didn't pay rent for eight months, drives what looked like a good car, but yet was willing to pay £5000 for a wife for his 14 year old son. Delighted they did get evicted in the end and hopefully they won't get a penny of housing benefit. (Edit - I think I'm getting Huko and Shenko mixed up).

As for all the time and resources wasted one even just the two families featured... Too much for people who contribute nothing to society.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You're being very cynical if you can't see why the girl being given a chance to make a life for herself on her own terms is not a good thing. Furthermore, you're overlooking the fact that a woman made the final decision of that meeting, not the man.

The only ones who should be making any final decision are the ones who are getting married ( or not) & not at that age.
    Shame grandma didn't give her other granddaughter a chance to make a life on her own terms.
  • Options
    Forum Member

And you are just taking one very small happening in a very negative hour long programme for some reason known only to you and pretending all the rest doesn't matter and should be ignored.

One wonders what you agenda is in trying to tell a whole thread that it's being negative because of one very small happening in the programme that you have failed to comment on the rest.

So I reject your silly accusation of me being cynical and label myself as someone who watched and commented about the entire show and all the very negative things shown in that hour.
  • Options
    malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God what a poor attitude. Change begins on a small scale and grows!
  • Options
    D_PeugeotD_Peugeot Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if they don't like the reception wherever they go, then stop breaking the laws of that country!

I can't go to any country with the excuse "Well I can do that in my country", so why should they? If you don't agree with a countries laws, then don't go there! I wouldn't!

If only they had "claims" to a part of the world where our Government could send them to do as they please, like we did with the Jews.
  • Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are a number of programs about Gypsies. However, when we come across them they are always parked en masse illegally someplace and their kids are out in force stealing from local shops. It takes ages to move them on and they leave a terrible mess behind which has to be cleared up. We never see TV programs about this though, and when they interview them on occasion they are always whining about how no-one wants them around and the interviewer never says why. I could tell them.
  • Options
    D_PeugeotD_Peugeot Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And you are just taking one very small happening in a very negative hour long programme for some reason known only to you and pretending all the rest doesn't matter and should be ignored.

One wonders what you agenda is in trying to tell a whole thread that it's being negative because of one very small happening in the programme that you have failed to comment on the rest.

So I reject your silly accusation of me being cynical and label myself as someone who watched and commented about the entire show and all the very negative things shown in that hour.

The fact that the women of the girl's family acknowledged they live in a country with different customs and different laws and changed their own to comply with the "new world", showed more forward-thinking than you have in this thread.