Martin Collins

Striker22Striker22 Posts: 274
Forum Member
Apologies if this has already been discussed, I'm new here.
What became of Martin Collins after leaving Capital FM last xmas?
I know he appeared briefly on Magic then disappeared.
Incidentally, his replacement Neil Bentley is rubbish, quite possibly the most bland and inept DJ ever.......is he human or :confused: computer generated?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    I agree, Martin Collins is a legend. I'll never forget listening to his lateshow in the mid 90s on Capital; it was unique and the music was fantastic. I believe Martin was completely wasted on the afternoon slot and should have remained on the late slot, in the same way that Tarrant lasted on the breakfast slot for so long.
  • Richie_lecturer1977Richie_lecturer1977 Posts: 3,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Martin is a legend and I remember his legendary days on Capital Radio in the late 80s (the Music Power era of Capital). Martin left Capital after 15 years on Xmas Eve last year. He's been freelancing around various stations in London and the Home Counties since then. He probably can't get a permanent slot coz he's probably still under contract by Capital, and can't get a permanent show on a particular station in London until his contract expires.
    I agree that he was best at late nights and with Rhythm Capital, but it was still a delight to listen to him on the occasions I was in the area during weekday afternoons.
    I think Neil is actually doing a fairly good job of it, I mean Martin is always going to be a tough act to follow, but NB's first RAJARs were good, so he can't be that bad!
    Here's a pic of MC from 1987:
    http://tellytunes.com/djphotocards/capitalfm/capitalfm_mc.jpg
  • Striker22Striker22 Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    Its the same with me, I remember Martin from his first days at Capital, friends of mine that disliked Capitals DJ's always made allowances for Martin Collins and said he was a good jock.
    I know things have to move on, and despite Bentleys good RAJAR showing, I can't see where he is an improvement over Martin, he seems a bit...well shallow, can't quite put my finger on it.
    Hopefully Mr Collins will turn up again on a big station.
  • ADAM001ADAM001 Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Have Noticed That There Is Something Strange With Neil I Think He Is Absolute Rubbish And Martin Collins Was Quite A Good Dj He Was Also Good On Rythm Capital Which Is Now Party Capital And Probably Voice Tracked
  • Richie_lecturer1977Richie_lecturer1977 Posts: 3,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ADAM001 wrote:
    I Have Noticed That There Is Something Strange With Neil I Think He Is Absolute Rubbish And Martin Collins Was Quite A Good Dj He Was Also Good On Rythm Capital Which Is Now Party Capital And Probably Voice Tracked

Adam why do you start every word with capital letters?

Party Capital and After Hours, both with Justin Wilkes are indeed voicetracked from 6pm-4am.