Options

Amazon's black Friday

Comments

• Options
    JeliteJelite Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is everything being bought by scalpers do you think? or is there just very limited stock?
  • Options
    Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of a let down if you ask me, should have ensured more stock was available to last longer than 10 seconds :o
  • Options
    PuterkidPuterkid Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    I clicked the one click buy it now thing the split second Take That CD went live, was put in a queue, then it went to sold out:(

What a con!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    Puterkid wrote: »
    I clicked the one click buy it now thing the split second Take That CD went live, was put in a queue, then it went to sold out:(

What a con!

It doesn't make it a con just because you weren't able to get the first thing you clicked on.
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Take That CD did go into basket at full price but then the discount was applied at check out.

I got a CD and was thinking how easy it all was, clicked the link, in my basket etc,proceed to check out, done in 30 seconds and then returned to the site to see sold out and a billion angry tweets and facebook messages. It was at that point I realised I was just bloody lucky and part of the VERY small minority that got one for £1.

The Harry Potter blu ray deal that started at 10, has just gone the same way, sold out in seconds, so I really do dread to think how quickly the big expensive stuff goes if this happens for cds and dvds

I had been warned these were lightning deals and you were going to have to be quick, having heard how American Black Friday goes but my god do you have to be fast and lucky!:eek::eek:
  • Options
    Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Puterkid wrote: »

What a con!

It would only be a con if they had taken your money, and kept it for a while to get interest :)
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I wanted the Take That cd. What a con! I won't bother with Amazon again.
  • Options
    chiller15chiller15 Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted the Take That cd. What a con! I won't bother with Amazon again.
    How on earth is it a con? They stated there was only a limited number availble. They stated it would be limited time. If isn't their fault you weren't fast enough. I'm after specific stuff over this week. More than likely I wont get what I'm after, but I'm going to try anyway. I wont complain and cry con if I don't get it.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the Take That CD for Mrs Sniffle, missed out on the Harry Potter BluRays for little Sniffe. So a little disapointed but then I look at it like I was only buying these things if they were that cheap so if I lose out then so be it. Anything I get is a bonus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've just bought the Goldeneye 007 Wii game at £30 instead of £50, not bad. Is it just luck that both the things I've clicked for I've got? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chiller15 wrote: »
    How on earth is it a con? They stated there was only a limited number availble. They stated it would be limited time. If isn't their fault you weren't fast enough. I'm after specific stuff over this week. More than likely I wont get what I'm after, but I'm going to try anyway. I wont complain and cry con if I don't get it.

It is a con if they say it is daily deals and then you find out too late that it is "lightning" which they didn't tell you about in their email.

One would presume that a daily deal lasts all day. It is elitist as most people work and wouldn't be on a computer until they managed to get a break in their work schedule which I had to do. Therefore it is false advertising as they didn't make this clear and conning people to get onto the site.

If I had known it was going to be an auction, I wouldn't have bothered.
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    LemonGrove wrote: »
    I've just bought the Goldeneye 007 Wii game at £30 instead of £50, not bad. Is it just luck that both the things I've clicked for I've got? :confused:

Yes, luck and it makes you a stinker because I tried for the DAB radio and failed. :mad: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    Yes, luck and it makes you a stinker because I tried for the DAB radio and failed. :mad: :D

:( If there was a way to transfer it to your account I would.
    It is a con if they say it is daily deals and then you find out too late that it is "lightning" which they didn't tell you about in their email.

One would presume that a daily deal lasts all day. It is elitist as most people work and wouldn't be on a computer until they managed to get a break in their work schedule which I had to do. Therefore it is false advertising as they didn't make this clear and conning people to get onto the site.

If I had known it was going to be an auction, I wouldn't have bothered.

I thought your earlier post was a joke!

The deals are daily. The lightning deals are mentioned on the site, which also tells you they don't last all day, so if you broke your work schedule up for it you should have at least read more about it than just the email.

The deals run from 9am until 9pm, are you working during all of that? What about the people who work different shifts to you? It would be conning them then wouldn't it if the times were changed to suit you? etc etc ...and an auction? :confused:
  • Options
    JethroUKJethroUK Posts: 6,107
    Forum Member
    Denise wrote: »
    ... I normally dislike Amazon as they wont take PayPal.

that will be because Ebay own Paypal and they dont care to further the oppos
  • Options
    Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6:00 PM
    Upcoming Deal
    If you don't want square eyes, look away

Has got to be a TV or a console of some kind hasn't it? Isn't 6PM considered peak time for people on the internet too? If it is a TV or a console, I wonder how many they'll actually have? 10? 20? Bet its miniscule and you'll have to be incredibly lucky to get one!

I notice some people on Facebook have managed to get something in each deal window so far so it can be done but it's just luck and fast fingers I guess!
  • Options
    Forum Member

I thought your earlier post was a joke!

The deals are daily. The lightning deals are mentioned on the site, which also tells you they don't last all day, so if you broke your work schedule up for it you should have at least read more about it than just the email.

The deals run from 9am until 9pm, are you working during all of that? What about the people who work different shifts to you? It would be conning them then wouldn't it if the times were changed to suit you? etc etc ...and an auction? :confused:

I quite like the look of the 3pm casserole. However they don't tell you how much it is going to be which is off putting plus I might not be home by then.
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member

D'ya know what? I honestly believe that if you could, you would. I was slow on the uptake, I've got to learn to be a bit more on the ball. x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I quite like the look of the 3pm casserole. However they don't tell you how much it is going to be which is off putting plus I might not be home by then.

Well I'd love to click for you but I'll be trying for the upcoming 'wake up and smell the coffee' deal at that time. :sleep:
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    D'ya know what? I honestly believe that if you could, you would. I was slow on the uptake, I've got to learn to be a bit more on the ball. x

:) It probably is as you say a lot of luck as well, however quick you are.
  • Options
    eric1001eric1001 Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    I managed to get the Harry Potter 1-6 on Blu-ray for £12.97 from £24.99 which is a complete steal at a tad over £2.15 a film.

I just wish they'd put the Planet Earth Special Edition on a deal and then I can enter the xmas period being a happy chappy..
  • Options
    kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well thats 3 of us on here alone that are after a casserole dish lol.

Hopefully they have plenty of them
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I missing something.. on the deals that are counting down with the "Find out soon" tag, if you click the item the new price is already there? Mostly 50% off?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Am I missing something.. on the deals that are counting down with the "Find out soon" tag, if you click the item the new price is already there? Mostly 50% off?

Are you talking about the RRP crossed out with the price in red below? If so that's what everything always looks like, it's not to do with the Black Fridays.
  • Options
    LisaB599LisaB599 Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im waiting to see what the black cultured pearls will be for my mum for christmas :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LisaB599 wrote: »
    Im waiting to see what the black cultured pearls will be for my mum for christmas :)

Lol, I'm going to try and get those crappy LED candles for my Mam for christmas! :D Don't take the time to look at the price of the pearls though, just add it to your basket the second it appears, then check the price and buy it if it's ok. :)
  • Options
    LisaB599LisaB599 Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, I'm going to try and get those crappy LED candles for my Mam for christmas! :D Don't take the time to look at the price of the pearls though, just add it to your basket the second it appears, then check the price and buy it if it's ok. :)

ah good thinking Ill do that! thanks :) i like the look of the lights for my auntie :p at this rate i wont have to go out to the shops at all and can spend my time posting on DS IN THE WARM instead LOL