The run-up to December 21st 2012

Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi everyone, I was thinking earlier on whether we'd start to see people stockpiling food and water etc. in the run-up to December 21st 2012, what with the general consensus that the world will be ending on that day.

If people do, won't it be a little bit ironic? I say that, because, if the world is to end, then what would you need stockpiles of food for?

Unless of course, the facts are incorrect and the world ISN'T going to end, and there's simply going to be some kind of global disaster?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    I am going to get so wasted that day I won't feel any pain when the world ends.
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    with the general consensus that the world will be ending on that day.

The mindless rantings of a few mentally deficient crackpots does not equate to a general consensus.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Why do people fear the world ending. It'd be brilliant. Everyone would be having the time of their lives, knowing we were all going to die so nobody would be left behind, and we'd all be in it together. Sounds like a perfect day to me.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, I was thinking earlier on whether we'd start to see people stockpiling food and water etc. in the run-up to December 21st 2012, what with the general consensus that the world will be ending on that day.

If people do, won't it be a little bit ironic? I say that, because, if the world is to end, then what would you need stockpiles of food for?

Unless of course, the facts are incorrect and the world ISN'T going to end, and there's simply going to be some kind of global disaster?

I think you're stretching the definition of "general" somewhat.

And "consensus".
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    Believe me there is no general concencus that the world will end that day. I think 99% of the worlds population believe everything will continue just fine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member

Of course people will be stockpiling food and drink in the run up to Dec 21 2012 it's only 4 days before Christmas. You can't run out of food over the festive period there are parties and people need feeding. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Why would you stockpile food and drink if the world was going to end? You'd be dead :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I plan on spending the entire day butt naked.
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I guess quite a few people who believe it's all total tosh might stockpile food due to the fear that idiotic people who do believe it will be emptying all the shops in frenzy. I believe the applicable term is 'concatenation'.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sdvsr1982 wrote: »
    I plan on spending the entire day butt naked.

Me too.

OOPS- sorry, wrong thread. Thought we were talking about the Royal Wedding.
  • BlofeldBlofeld Posts: 8,233
    Forum Member
    It'll be the shortest day of the year anyway, no matter what happens.
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll just be chilling and wiaiting for it to happen.
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to have to get a new Mayan calendar as my current one will expire.Otherwise no plans.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guess ill have to celebrate christmas 5 days early ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,864
    Forum Member
    They don't have an exact time of day for the end of the world do they? It would make organising my plans for the last day on Earth a little easier.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt half the worlds population have any idea that the world will end. The fact that it won't happen will have no effect on them or me for that matter.
  • ianxianx Posts: 9,190
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    I think you're stretching the definition of "general" somewhat.

And "consensus".

And "thinking"...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,455
    Forum Member
    Alfie2008 wrote: »
    They don't have an exact time of day for the end of the world do they? It would make organising my plans for the last day on Earth a little easier.:D
    Ive heard some say it will be ending at 11:11:11am
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *marv* wrote: »
    Believe me there is no general concencus that the world will end that day. I think 99% of the worlds population believe everything will continue just fine.
    That still leaves 70 million people who believe everything won't continue just fine.

They can't all be wrong.
  • emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Confusing wrote: »
    Ive heard some say it will be ending at 11:11:11am

is that right? so lets get this in order the earth closes down 21.12.12 at 11.11.11 in the morning? & this is the 1st week of the christmas break next year & somthing happens? its almost like the guns falling silent at the end of the 2nd WW everywhere is covered in poppys then i we get the last post ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,864
    Forum Member
    Blofeld wrote: »
    It'll be the shortest day of the year anyway, no matter what happens.

Technically, the shortest day of 2012 will be March 25th when the clocks go forward an hour.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ianx wrote: »
    And "thinking"...

Can we add 'fact' too. I think the OP has redefined a number of words in his post.
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Dipper wrote: »
    That still leaves 70 million people who believe everything won't continue just fine.

They can't all be wrong.

Yes they can, they're mentally challenged.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i will run up a big credit card bill in the run up to dooms day safe in the knowledge that I wont have to pay it back (I hope) :-)
  • mcg3mcg3 Posts: 11,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dec 22nd lets all laugh at these nutjobs as they backtrack and come up with all manner of excuses as to why were still here.